Tears Gator Tears

The last 3 pages of this thread are Napier level bad.

Could really use some de commits to liven this thing up.
Pretty surprised I thought there would be gator fans jumping off that mortal kombat bridge with the spikes on the bottom. Hate to see it though

Advertisement
Pretty surprised I thought there would be gator fans jumping off that mortal kombat bridge with the spikes on the bottom. Hate to see it though
Some of the recruits may want to decommit but don't want the perception just making the decision after the UK loss, so they could wait and do it at a later time. Would be better if most stick as that could be the only saving grace for Napier to not get fired this season. I prefer to see him stay there long term from our perspective. I did feel that way though about Norvell and he got things turned around, although I think we beat them later in the season barring any major injuries to key positions.

Not sure about “up and coming” but they do have a “game changer” coordinator on staff along with a “game changer” graduate assistant
11863092.gif

Advertisement
Some of the recruits may want to decommit but don't want the perception just making the decision after the UK loss, so they could wait and do it at a later time. Would be better if most stick as that could be the only saving grace for Napier to not get fired this season. I prefer to see him stay there long term from our perspective. I did feel that way though about Norvell and he got things turned around, although I think we beat them later in the season barring any major injuries to key positions.
I still don’t think Norvell is what fsu fans are looking for. The logical ones (if there is any) know this build ain’t sustainable based on the recruiting up front. They going to transfer in new kids every season for rentals? And they better hit on a qb after JT leaves. I do see us being capable of beating them but won’t be surprised with a split.

I still don’t think Norvell is what fsu fans are looking for. The logical ones (if there is any) know this build ain’t sustainable based on the recruiting up front. They going to transfer in new kids every season for rentals? And they better hit on a qb after JT leaves. I do see us being capable of beating them but won’t be surprised with a split.
Seems like no matter who the head coach or OC is at FSU, they always seem to resort back to lob ball offense every time. I agree he is going to be tested next year when Travis is gone.
Napier just doesnt seem to have any charisma and wouldnt inspire me to want to play for him. Mario has a presence about him that is different than both of them.
Coaching has a lot more to do with inspiring and motivating your players and getting them to buy into your system and giving of themselves for the good of the team and less about purely Xs and Os, although that has value too.
Napier has the presence of a dead fish and just seems like the players can motivate themselves only for so long. They just got lucky that UT came out and refused to run the ball or tackle and got a lead on them and held on. But 8/10 times they lose to Tenn I think.

Seems like no matter who the head coach or OC is at FSU, they always seem to resort back to lob ball offense every time. I agree he is going to be tested next year when Travis is gone.
Napier just doesnt seem to have any charisma and wouldnt inspire me to want to play for him. Mario has a presence about him that is different than both of them.
Coaching has a lot more to do with inspiring and motivating your players and getting them to buy into your system and giving of themselves for the good of the team and less about purely Xs and Os, although that has value too.
Napier has the presence of a dead fish and just seems like the players can motivate themselves only for so long. They just got lucky that UT came out and refused to run the ball or tackle and got a lead on them and held on. But 8/10 times they lose to Tenn I think.
Yea his speech is level 1 if this was an rpg. Mario is the type to convince you that your dead while he speaking to you and your alive. He just got the gift of gab. Napier must of road a lot of coaches cause during the hiring season…all these stories came out of how he was an elite recruiter. I’m sure his agent threw a lot of that sh out there and the gators bit the bait. They do say gator bait so I’m guessing they just snatch any HC lately without really digging.

Yea his speech is level 1 if this was an rpg. Mario is the type to convince you that your dead while he speaking to you and your alive. He just got the gift of gab. Napier must of road a lot of coaches cause during the hiring season…all these stories came out of how he was an elite recruiter. I’m sure his agent threw a lot of that sh out there and the gators bit the bait. They do say gator bait so I’m guessing they just snatch any HC lately without really digging.
If he can keep most of his class together despite how the season for UF went last year and how we think it will go this year, he might actually be an elite recruiter. LOL
I dont see how I would send my kid there if they have two horrible seasons in a row without any sense that it is turning around.

Advertisement
If he can keep most of his class together despite how the season for UF went last year and how we think it will go this year, he might actually be an elite recruiter. LOL
I dont see how I would send my kid there if they have two horrible seasons in a row without any sense that it is turning around.
To me elite recruiters bring in elite DTs DEs and OL. Because the best recruiters try to secure those guys first. So if u have let’s say a 5 star LB that’s cool and all but who’s playing in front of him to maximize his talent? And that’s why we and others have struggled for years, there was and probably kind of still is on a monopoly on those position groups.

You build that the skill guys become easier to recruit because any kid wants to play behind that. What Napier is doing if they give him another year will still fall apart. It reminds me of us through all these coaches…..they would get an elite name or two each cycle to make us think they were elite. And some knew they weren’t elite at anything.

Advertisement

I think next year is going to be the deciding year for Mikey. If he can replace all those guys with either his recruits or portal additions and compete for a spot in the ACC title then maybe he can sustain success there. I think it’s unlikely but he’s made fsu a portal destination and he’s due to have some misses/guys that don’t work out.

Advertisement
I think next year is going to be the deciding year for Mikey. If he can replace all those guys with either his recruits or portal additions and compete for a spot in the ACC title then maybe he can sustain success there. I think it’s unlikely but he’s made fsu a portal destination and he’s due to have some misses/guys that don’t work out.
I think this season and last bought him time. If next year they are back to reality he won’t get canned. I think he’s done enough optics wise for them. When you really look into it though it doesn’t look like that’s going to end the way people think.

Advertisement
Back