Tears Gator Tears

No gator tears for this?

Yo but wtf is this though? I’m trying to understand who is this dude giving him these magical powers. Footwork is amazing…..they should of made 11 of those for defense to hold while they were playing so they can beat the UK RB with it. It’s the only way they would of stopped him.

Who’s the homie handing him the wand? Who’s idea was this dead ***? May be worse than the backpack

Advertisement
Screenshot_20231003_103843_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think that’s a pretty good assessment of UF. Elko will be in high demand after this year so not sure if he’ll be a candidate after 2024 season. But, if he is, you could have several top notch schools throwing money at him - ATM, UNC, bama, etc. next major coaching cycle will be interesting.
This is the point that I think was missed by some. It’s not that Elko wouldn’t necessarily take the UiF job, it’s that he’ll have options and opportunities and could well take another or - yes - wait for another. I think the right AD hire could help them.

Advertisement
Does Florida even have any alums who are up-and-coming coaches?

I know they have some ex-employees who could do a better job than Slingblade Billy is doing, like Urban Myth and Muschimp and Mullet...
Wayne Pease is somewhere I think

Re: Napier

“I would tell you I'm a lot more critical of myself than anybody on the outside is,”

“I'm on the inside,”
he said sharply when asked about his team’s direction. “I have relationships with the staff, with the players. We're getting better at our process.

“Some of these questions you're asking, you weren't asking a couple of weeks ago. Ultimately it is what it is. We have to deal with the result. So when we lose, we've got to come in here every week and answer questions from the outside.”

Advertisement
This is the point that I think was missed by some. It’s not that Elko wouldn’t necessarily take the UiF job, it’s that he’ll have options and opportunities and could well take another or - yes - wait for another. I think the right AD hire could help them.
This is fair. What people are missing is that the Michigan state job is also open and that is a fairly equivalent job in the other premiere conference. The outlier with Elko is that North Carolina is a pretty nice place to live. Raleigh Durham is a much nicer area than Gainesville.

Advertisement
There's a lot of red flags with Napier.

When a coach is only in year 2 and he's already in the "hire a coordinator" stage of his tenure, it usually doesn't end well.

The fact that he's also the coordinator that needs to be replaced is another huge red flag.

It would be one thing if his system has had success at the P5 level. But it never has. He's only been an offensive coordinator twice. The first time he got fired due to performance. The second time the entire coaching staff was fired.

Another red flag is he was analyst and position coach under McElwain, who was himself fired as HC at UF. McElwain didn't even think highly enough of Napier to name him OC at Colorado freakin St when they left Alabama together.

This stuff is just the tip of the iceberg. Unless they catch some really lucky breaks, they're in serious trouble.

Oh darn.

Advertisement
There's a lot of red flags with Napier.

When a coach is only in year 2 and he's already in the "hire a coordinator" stage of his tenure, it usually doesn't end well.

The fact that he's also the coordinator that needs to be replaced is another huge red flag.

It would be one thing if his system has had success at the P5 level. But it never has. He's only been an offensive coordinator twice. The first time he got fired due to performance. The second time the entire coaching staff was fired.

Another red flag is he was analyst and position coach under McElwain, who was himself fired as HC at UF. McElwain didn't even think highly enough of Napier to name him OC at Colorado freakin St when they left Alabama together.

This stuff is just the tip of the iceberg. Unless they catch some really lucky breaks, they're in serious trouble.

Oh darn.
Bruh don’t give info on their next search. If u would have told me this before they hired him I would of been like holy sh that’s a terrible hire. I didn’t even know this lol thank u sir

Advertisement
Back