Tears Gator Tears

A troll? Why would you say that? Because I disagree with you? Is it my post count again?
I have been a Canes fan since 1986, the first game I watched with my dad was the Penn State loss, I go to a few games every year even though I live 4 hours away, I make a donation every year to the university. But yeah I am just here to troll cause I see things differently.
I hate UF as much as anyone, but would be hard for a coach at Duke to turn that job down knowing that he cant keep a solid sustained product on the fieldl year in and year out at Duke. You jump when your hot or you risk having some recruits not work out and have a season or two where you win 5-7 games. Its not impossible at Duke.
Now if he has 5 bigtime jobs thrown at him at once, then maybe he goes somewhere else but the UF job will open before the Texas AM job will and he prob wouldnt pass on it if offered regardless of how Napier is treated.
Yes, I think you’re a troll by the way you post and interact. If you’re not then you’re an ******* with no sense of self-awareness.

I don’t care what you agree with. Elko will have options. I think he’d take aTm over Florida. Doesn’t matter.

Advertisement
Ok I guess that's your opinion, not sure what you are implying by troll.
Maybe instead of calling me names, do you believe that Elko would turn down that job at the end of this season if offered even after they fired Napier after let's say next week?
Do you think that’s the only opportunity Elko will have?

I don’t know who he is but this isn’t my first run-in with him.
Because I was teasing the gator guy that posts here a lot when clearly he got that I was just playing with him and you couldn't see it. Thats a run in?
You said you didnt like it and I left him alone and respected it.

Advertisement
Do you think that’s the only opportunity Elko will have?
I just think that UF job would open up before Texas AM would and I agree with the other poster, UF might not even offer Elko because I don't think they can see who is great and who is not good enough. So he might not even get the chance to accept or turn it down because of the incompetence of UF Admin and their AD.

How about we just interact about the topic and not clog the chat up with back and forth. If you want to call me names, thats fine brother I am not soft.
Like I told you before, I have been a reader of this board for years, but I just didn't have the desire to post a lot.
I have no issue with you, just gave my opinion about it but it's cool if you disagree.

I just think that UF job would open up before Texas AM would and I agree with the other poster, UF might not even offer Elko because I don't think they can see who is great and who is not good enough. So he might not even get the chance to accept or turn it down because of the incompetence of UF Admin and their AD.
You can’t assume that the gator would be Elko’s only opportunity. You told us we’re out of our minds if we think Elko wouldn’t take the gator job but we don’t think that’ll be his only option and I don’t think either aTm or UiF opens up this year.

How about we just interact about the topic and not clog the chat up with back and forth. If you want to call me names, thats fine brother I am not soft.
Like I told you before, I have been a reader of this board for years, but I just didn't have the desire to post a lot.
I have no issue with you, just gave my opinion about it but it's cool if you disagree.
What was your previous account name?

Advertisement
You can’t assume that the gator would be Elko’s only opportunity. You told us we’re out of our minds if we think Elko wouldn’t take the gator job but we don’t think that’ll be his only option and I don’t think either aTm or UiF opens up this year.
My point was more that UF firing several coaches in a row after 2-3 seasons was not going to deter another coach from taking the job.
I agree with you, Elko will be the hot name this offseason and Duke might not be able to keep him depsite what they offer. I would hate to see him at UF, so I hope he goes elsewhere.

My point was more that UF firing several coaches in a row after 2-3 seasons was not going to deter another coach from taking the job.
I agree with you, Elko will be the hot name this offseason and Duke might not be able to keep him depsite what they offer. I would hate to see him at UF, so I hope he goes elsewhere.
They’ll get someone but it won’t be like it was where they’ll have their pick the same way they used to. There’s dysfunction there. It’s like Miami thinking that We could’ve hired anyone when we hired Richt, who was an alumn, or when we hired Manny… or this last time with Mario, an alumn. They’re in a better spot because of the SEC, but there’s tarnish on that situation that’ll need cleaning.

Advertisement
You guys don't know what you are talking about. LOL
A confident, up and coming coach won't care if they fired 3 coaches in a row after two years if it's a HC job in the SEC and they get a 5-7 year contract for big bucks with a massive buyout. They will take the job in a heartbeat and believe that they can win there.
If Napier can keep most of that class together (which I think he will despite them being awful this year) including Lagway and then gets fired after next year, that will be an attractive job.
Napier seems like a good guy and a decent coach, just not what UF needs to win in that conference. He would have to recruit so far above his head for several years to overcome that.
How many up and coming P5 head coaches are there that UF would look at? An established coach at a solid program isnt jumping over to a ship that appears to be on fire. The Gator fans are quoted as saying they dont want another G5 HC hire, which presumably also rules out coordinators. Aside from Elko, what P5 HC would a UF fan be excited about that would also want to go there?

My point wasnt "no young coach will want to go", my point is no coach that the message boards want will go aside from maybe Elko. And if he's the only guy in that section, he'll have other offers

Last edited:
What was your previous account name?
I honestly don't remember bro, it was attached to an email that I had at a previous job and that was years ago. I don't have access to that email anymore. Trying to find that account is not important to me really.
I'm a true Canes fan my whole life, but if you assume different then that's your opinion. I didn't think what I posted was that bad but ok.
I even had two kids at the school that I work at that were recruited by UM and I tried to get them to commit to the Canes. One is in the NBA now.
I'm not a troll, just trying to interreact on here when I see a topic I want to contribute to.

Advertisement
Do you think Elko would jump at taking the gator job or wait to see who else offers?
I’d at least take some phone calls. UF’s roster could be barren if they make that change this year. Add in what looks to be better OU & Texas to the SEC. Normal circumstances it would be a no brainer. But it could be a difficult rebuild at a place that, would’ve shown in this scenario, has unrealistic and immediate expectations.

I think a few will, but most will stick. They have decent NIL there, its still the SEC and they see a chance for early playing time. Plus now with the portal, they can jump ship quick if they dont like whats going on after a year or two.
Where in the Orange Bowl did you sit at for that ‘86 game?

It’s still the SEC and chance for playing early?

So you are an “SEC, SEC” guy?

Advertisement
Back