Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Guys wait a minute here. We need to take a step back and realize we’re talking about the “Flagship University” here. It may not look good now but, we all need to sit back and watch this engine get tuned. I feel like the prudent thing to do here is extend Billy’s contract. Too the Sunbelt and Above!!!

I can’t wait until this recruiting class falls apart, especially with how they secured these guys so early. Tears will be flowing 10x

I have consistently said it on this thread...

...that Florida's recruiting class was built on a foundation of sand. I felt their class would splinter NOT JUST BECAUSE OF LOSING, but because most of their verbals had not visited any other schools AT THE TIME they said yes to Slingblade Billy.

So now you have a combination of good senior seasons...increased attention from OTHER schools...AND a terrible batch of performances from Florida...

And you factor in the toxic reactions of Gaytor fans on the Interwebz...

It's the perfect storm for a recruiting class to fall apart.

Advertisement
His personality is why I do not like him as a HC. It’s not that he’s not capable or smart. It’s that he doesn’t embrace recruiting and he has interpersonal skills issues. He also suffers from loyalty to his coaching friends disease.

His best use is as an OC under a top tier alpha coach like Urban and Saban.

Regardless, going from him to Napier was a disaster. He’s way better than him.
He's just lime Lane Kiffin. Can juice up an offense quickly and give a team a quick turnaround but not a program builder or CEO. If he wanted to just be an OC he'd be the most sought after guy in the country.
Gus Malzahn was another one of those types.

My bull gator partner called last night. He now realizes that they are on the way to 5-7 or 6-6 and believes that Billy will be back next year. He says there are some who would “cut bait” right now, but they are outnumbered by the dreamers who hope another year will fix things. He believes that the recruiting class will stick but the “price” will double.….

Advertisement
One of my favorite reminders to keep bringing back up:

NEVER FORGET!!!!

1696168419689.png

1696168463214.png

I have consistently said it on this thread...

...that Florida's recruiting class was built on a foundation of sand. I felt their class would splinter NOT JUST BECAUSE OF LOSING, but because most of their verbals had not visited any other schools AT THE TIME they said yes to Slingblade Billy.

So now you have a combination of good senior seasons...increased attention from OTHER schools...AND a terrible batch of performances from Florida...

And you factor in the toxic reactions of Gaytor fans on the Interwebz...

It's the perfect storm for a recruiting class to fall apart.
Let it be like the 2011 Miami class in the fall of 2010.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back