Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I still think that if they have a 5-7 type of season they will force Napier to hire a top OC, they won't fire him this soon (unless there is a Mel Tucker level of scandal or some other ****).

I tend to agree IF IF IF he still has a decent recruiting class in December. If the bottom falls out of BOTH the season AND the recruiting...The Bull Gaytors will be calling for blood...

Yep. They're still paying Mullen so paying off Napier too would sting but UF pockets are pretty deep. That's why I'd rather they luck their way to a 7 win year so he stays and we can beat the brakes off them next year.
IMO, I think he gets part or all of the 24 season. If he bombs this year he gets a year with an OC and if that fails then him and Stricklin go.

Advertisement
I’d be more worried about Mike Elko with what I’ve seen this far from him.
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Elko and Deion are the two I would not want to see up there. Elko because he is a **** good coach, Prime because he would probably be the most impactful against us in recruiting.
Not worried about Prime, i think he goes to the NFL. Also at some point his moving around so quickly may put a dent in that pull and i dont see him moving before Travis is draft eligible as i dont see him staying past 3 years in school and he cant transfer again unless he graduated. More likely Elko goes to A&M to replace Jimbo.

Advertisement
I think he gets another year regardless of what happens. The recruiting class may have some attrition but it’ll still be ranked high enough for him to sell it to the admin + having Lagway as the future.

That schedule next year is brutal, that will probably do him in.

He’s going to have to catch lightning in a bottle with an up and comer willing to take a chance or make his TE coach the OC as I saw mention of that on their board by someone though I don’t know that’s real.
problem is trying to convince an up-and-coming OC to give up the secure job he has to come work for a coach that might get fired at any time would be almost impossible.

If the guy is that good, he knows that he will be getting other more desirable jobs and even a HC job, so he'd be crazy to jump into this blast furnace which is Bayou Billy's situation.

It would be a shame for any recruit to not be able to take a five minute drive to Dave and busters in a rented g wagon driven by billy. The kids deserve that opportunity
and the Publix cake and Cinnamon Buns...How can you possibly deprive a young man of those two luxuries....and the view of the retainage pond, I mean that's a once in a lifetime opportunity... :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Back