Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement

SpiffyQuerulousAmurminnow-max-1mb.gif

I hope the sHT hits the nightly news…The Rashada debacle has quieted down….let this hit the airwaves so recruits don’t forget how good their money is…or isn’t
I hope it does as well. I don’t like seeing student athletes getting used, and I love seeing their football program get bad publicity.

Advertisement
I still think the lizards win 6 or 7, but the games against the biglies (UGA, LSU, Tennessee) could be ridiculously ugly.

The key games for them will be:
Souf Carolina (USCe):  L
Misery: L
R-kansas: L
Kentucky:  L
FIFY

Advertisement
Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane @Canesfreak Correct me if I am wrong, but:

NIL is for services rendered to a company in the current year, so that 15% of future earnings in his contract is an NCAA violation? Also, doesnt each school approve NIL contracts?

There are actually a couple of interesting things in there.

First, I'm not sure if the issue is "current year" vs. "future earnings", as much as it is the TYPE of earnings. In this case, Gervon Dexter was advanced money that SHOULD be for NIL type income (autograph signings, endorsements, licensing arrangements, etc.), yet the company seems to be claiming the money paid for his athletic services rendered. And the initial purpose of the NIL rules was to keep those income streams SEPARATE.

The second thing that is interesting is that the name of the company itself includes the words "Advance Fund". So this seems to be a similar type thing as what happened with Nico at Tennessee, where he was given upfront NIL money that allowed the company he signed with to own and monetize his future NIL opportunities. To me, what seems like a big problem with THIS approach is touched on in your last question, about whether the schools approve NIL contracts. Because EVEN IF an "advance" contract was approved, how does anyone know what the company will do with NIL in the future.

It's weird. Very weird. And there are so many layers of problems and potential problems.

I find it hard to believe that a court will find in favor of the Advance Fund. Regardless of what "some people" on this board try to tell us about "IRREVOCABLE" contracts, and how "ironclad" they are.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane @Canesfreak Correct me if I am wrong, but:

NIL is for services rendered to a company in the current year, so that 15% of future earnings in his contract is an NCAA violation? Also, doesnt each school approve NIL contracts?
NIL’s absolutely have to approved by the schools compliance department. They also review each of the edits that the 2 athletes we have NILs with post in advance.

Advertisement
Back