Tears Gator Tears

It's like asking if you want to be kicked in your left nut or right nut.

Apologies to those for whom that might be an easy decision.
Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Advertisement
Game reminded me of our ATM game last year. The miscues, penalties, missed FGs…. UF ****ed themselves (which I love).
HUH

We had several chances to win the ATM game. We had more yards by alot.

UF was never in that game last night against a team who was playing without their Starting QB and All American TE plus 6 more starters.

Take that soft **** elsewhere.
AINT NO WAY LOSE. WE FUCCIN

And what does this have to do with Gator Tears???

You are both 100% correct that @Invalid Username's porst was not in the spirit of Gator Tears, was a wet blanket on what should be celebration of an FU beating by a depleted Utah team, and is grounds for ridicule. The offending porst has been deleted.

Because it is Game Day and today the slate shows no Ls for UM football, there will be no thread ban. However, I will take this opportunity to warn everyone that the purpose of this thread is to laugh at the (many, many) failures of FU football, its fans, and its many past criminals ****boys players. Getting too far afield from that purpose is considered off topic post and/or trolling, and will result in thread bands. This thread is a special place, and we will maintain it as such (no matter what other miseries the Football Gods inflict upon us).

Last edited:
Advertisement
You are both 100% correct that @Invalid Username's porst was not in the spirit of Gator Tears, was a wet blanket on what should be celebration of an FU beating by a depleted Utah team, and is grounds for ridicule. The offending porst has been deleted.

Because it is Game Day and today the slate shows no Ls for UM football, there will be no thread ban. However, I will take this opportunity to warn everyone that the purpose of this thread is to laugh at the (many, many) failures of FU football, its fans, and its many past criminals ****boys players. Getting too far afield from that purpose is considered off topic post and/or trolling, and will result in thread bands. This thread is a special place, and we will maintain it as such (no matter what other miseries the Football Gods inflict upon us).
[some soft **** that doesn’t belong here]
This might be funnier than Napiers playcalling 🤣

D4EAFB16-00CD-43F4-8972-C2C06EBD8569.jpeg

Advertisement
Graham Mertz is his QB. He would need to be delusional not to be down on his team.
He actually played well. 31/44 for 333 yards. 1 TD, 1 INT. As awful as Florida looked, I was shocked that they had more yards on offense than Utah.

Florida couldn't run the ball. The rushed for 13 yards. Even if don't subtract the QB sacks, it would have been 42 yards. Their offensive line is atrocious!!! They're going to get smoked when conference play starts.

I'm predicting an implosion. 4 wins is the ceiling. Their recruiting class is going to get picked apart. Hopefully, UM can flip a couple of them.

He actually played well. 31/44 for 333 yards. 1 TD, 1 INT. As awful as Florida looked, I was shocked that they had more yards on offense than Utah.

Florida couldn't run the ball. The rushed for 13 yards. Even if don't subtract the QB sacks, it would have been 42 yards. Their offensive line is atrocious!!! They're going to get smoked when conference play starts.

I'm predicting an implosion. 4 wins is the ceiling. Their recruiting class is going to get picked apart. Hopefully, UM can flip a couple of them.
Mertz has huge holes in his game but he wasn't why they lost. ****, he's probably more accurate than Anthony Richardson ever was. It's just their line is trash and they have no running game. they relied on Richardson's scrambling ability so much last year. Mertz ain't breaking off too many 30 yarders on the ground.

Advertisement

It looked like after half Utah went full safety mode. No more big shot plays on offense, keep the clock running, knowing FL could not beat them without help i.e. Utah ******** themselves. Utah is a very well coached team. Vast majority of those yards for Mertz were on YAC and screens etc. Then once they got into the redzone, Utah would dial up some more defense. They basically went prevent the second half and made him dink and dunk down the field. To his credit he was able to do that but again Utah was without eight starters including their best DL and captain of their D. Anyone watching the game would come away with the impression that it was never as close as the score/state sheet indicated.

Advertisement
The Utah offense with no quarterback was tailor-made for the gator defense. Very little speed on the outside, very little passing threat from either quarterback and a hyper conservative game play after the first play. UF's strength is size on their defensive line so running it right at them will normally be a challenge. Just wait until they play a team with an actual quarterback and some speed. They don't have DBs that can cover and they have very little pass rush. Any team that spreads them out and makes them play in space will have a field day. After watching last night's game I think we totally dodged a bullet with Jason Marshall.
Running right at them was very little of a challenge last night. Don’t want to underrate Utah but Florida (thankfully) has no hope this year.

Mertz has huge holes in his game but he wasn't why they lost. ****, he's probably more accurate than Anthony Richardson ever was. It's just their line is trash and they have no running game. they relied on Richardson's scrambling ability so much last year. Mertz ain't breaking off too many 30 yarders on the ground.

And their defense looked as slow as I've seen from FU in the last two decades. They've been undisciplined on defense, but not this slow-looking AND undisciplined.

Running right at them was very little of a challenge last night. Don’t want to underrate Utah but Florida (thankfully) has no hope this year.
Eh. Utah ran it 30 times for 105 yards. They only had 270 total yards and 70 came on the very first play. It's not like they really did much on offense.

Advertisement
Back