Tears Gator Tears

Is it not obvious to anyone that Billy’s sandbagging with recruiting because they’re about to go 4-8? They could be as bad as 2-5 going into the bye.

It’s not surprising they’re going all out and trying to lock people down. Im curious to see attrition in their class, particularly if they end up having a terrible season.

Advertisement
You guys think Mario is ground and pound?

Just wait til Saban runs 40 times a game in ‘23.

That's going to be UF's style of play this year too as well as UGA and Texas. Bruh I low key feel like college football is slowly and quietly reverting back to utilizing the run game heavy and not in a gimmick way either; in the more "traditional" sense of lining up and punching you in the mouth.

Advertisement
That's going to be UF's style of play this year too as well as UGA and Texas. Bruh I low key feel like college football is slowly and quietly reverting back to utilizing the run game heavy and not in a gimmick way either; in the more "traditional" sense of lining up and punching you in the mouth.
Because that's how you win titles

Yeah we tried that last year. It doesn’t work if you don’t have an offensive line.

Georgia is going to really struggle against good teams with Mike Bobo calling plays and going back to 1980’s football. People think they won by playing slow, “traditional” football but they literally threw for 300 yards per game last year. Nobody wins anything without a legit passing threat in 2023.

Yeah we tried that last year. It doesn’t work if you don’t have an offensive line.

Georgia is going to really struggle against good teams with Mike Bobo calling plays and going back to 1980’s football. People think they won by playing slow, “traditional” football but they literally threw for 300 yards per game last year. Nobody wins anything without a legit passing threat in 2023.
UGA also has 2 to 3 NFL tight ends so let's not make it out like they're air raiding it out.

Your point is 100% accurate mind you im just saying. There's threat and then there's threats.

Miami has 4 NFL caliber lineman this year:

Lee
River
Cohen
Nelson

We also can take the top off with Harrell (Kirk, Ray Ray, Robby Breshard but not to Harrells level).

RB room and TE room both have NFL talent and depth.

Honestly barring Marshall style catastrophic injuries I simply do not see a path to 18-19ppg this year at all. 30+ is 8-4 minimum 35 were taking 10.

You got me thinking about our squad. I dont wanna derail tears but it's good summer vibes.

A&M is the season

Advertisement

Only makes sense as defenses have changed and recruited to defend against offenses that spread you out by going overall lighter and quicker.

Only makes sense as defenses have changed and recruited to defend against offenses that spread you out by going overall lighter and quicker.
Yep. Defenses have gotten smaller , quicker and taken a Lb off the field. There’s also lighter boxes now because of having to defend so much space. I think you’ll see a trend of more rushing att’s and less pace by some teams.

Yep. Defenses have gotten smaller , quicker and taken a Lb off the field. There’s also lighter boxes now because of having to defend so much space. I think you’ll see a trend of more rushing att’s and less pace by some teams.
The great circle of life. "Offensive style gets popular" "Other Teams start copying said style" "Defenses get built to stop that style of offense" "Offenses change style to get a leg up on the defense that was built to stop old style of offense"

The great circle of life. "Offensive style gets popular" "Other Teams start copying said style" "Defenses get built to stop that style of offense" "Offenses change style to get a leg up on the defense that was built to stop old style of offense"
I don't think we've quite reached that point yet though. The defenses haven't caught up to the offenses. Look at the playoff game between Ohio State and Georgia. Probably the two most talented defenses in the entire country and it was a shootout.

Advertisement
UGA also has 2 to 3 NFL tight ends so let's not make it out like they're air raiding it out.

Your point is 100% accurate mind you im just saying. There's threat and then there's threats.

Miami has 4 NFL caliber lineman this year:

Lee
River
Cohen
Nelson

We also can take the top off with Harrell (Kirk, Ray Ray, Robby Breshard but not to Harrells level).

RB room and TE room both have NFL talent and depth.

Honestly barring Marshall style catastrophic injuries I simply do not see a path to 18-19ppg this year at all. 30+ is 8-4 minimum 35 were taking 10.

You got me thinking about our squad. I dont wanna derail tears but it's good summer vibes.

A&M is the season

They are doing better than us on the recruiting trails right now, but we will have a more successful season.

Old saying: "Speed (quickness) Kills:

I recall some old Alabama players under Bear Bryant addressing the note that his defenses were small compared to the competition. But they "out-quicked" them on the line - getting the jump and faster plugging gaps than the larger offensive guys could create.

The only thing that can beat a lineman that is really quick - is a lineman who is large (powerful) and quick.

There's a reason you'll never see a large Special Forces soldier. Or Ranger. They can't hang, they have no endurance, and can't run like a deer.

Advertisement
I don't think we've quite reached that point yet though. The defenses haven't caught up to the offenses. Look at the playoff game between Ohio State and Georgia. Probably the two most talented defenses in the entire country and it was a shootout.

Even then it was almost 50/50 split for Ohio state running and passing attempts. UGA was 34/26 for passing to rushing. Even when your throwing for a ton of yards, still need to run the ball to keep the defense honest.

Even then it was almost 50/50 split for Ohio state running and passing attempts. UGA was 34/26 for passing to rushing. Even when your throwing for a ton of yards, still need to run the ball to keep the defense honest.
Running or passing it doesn't make a difference. Neither of the defenses could stop the opponent. When the talent levels are even the game still favors offenses.

IMG_8082.jpeg
IMG_8083.jpeg
IMG_8084.jpeg
IMG_8085.jpeg

Advertisement
Back