Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
IMG_8021.jpeg

Our 4 star OL have been no bueno for awhile. Why I’m not concerned with lesser talent there according to rankings with Mario.
We going to see how it plays out cause there been a few tough blue bloods difficult to beat and OSU is one of them. Hopefully these are great evals but need more top heavy so those ordinary dudes can shine with those super talented guys. Makes the game easier and when previous coaches got a high rated pick I just wanted to see who was after them. Most of the time that basically tells the story if those sites possibly got the kid rated too high.

Just as a practical matter...

I find it amusing that a company (or companies) have created a FIVE-STAR SYSTEM...

And then you never see a 1-star, and you rarely see a 2-star.

So for all the glorification of the star-system, it's essentially (for the schools that care, the P5 and G5) and 3-star system...

3-stars...

4-stars...

5-stars...

Silly. If you're going to have a 5-star system, then make 1-star and 2-star mean something.

Don't take every kid from 0-star to 3-star "just because he got an offer" or committed to a P5/G5 school.
Good point. Even within the 3-star system, you could have a player rated 98 and another 89 and they're both labeled 4 stars. Same thing goes for an 88 and a 80-rated 3 star...You're getting completely different caliber players at each end of the range.
It should just be based on rating or grade, like they do it in NFL scouting. But people like simple and easy classifications, even if it doesn't really tell you anything...so the system remains.

Advertisement
Just as a practical matter...

I find it amusing that a company (or companies) have created a FIVE-STAR SYSTEM...

And then you never see a 1-star, and you rarely see a 2-star.

So for all the glorification of the star-system, it's essentially (for the schools that care, the P5 and G5) and 3-star system...

3-stars...

4-stars...

5-stars...

Silly. If you're going to have a 5-star system, then make 1-star and 2-star mean something.

Don't take every kid from 0-star to 3-star "just because he got an offer" or committed to a P5/G5 school.
**** never thought about it but for sure

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rough year for the gator tears thread. If you live in reality i think it should it be clear Napier is far surpassing Cristobal this cycle. We took some big L's last cycle but it was first yr of big boy recruiting while Cristobal had 4 or 5 years exp at Oregon. I definitely didn't expect it holy **** he ain't taking many L's this cycle.

Just my thoughts i doubt gator fans get much real conversation on here but maybe I'll be surprised.

Bye Bye…

You can get banned for speaking facts? I'm sure Miami will finish with a very solid class as Fla did last year prob better if i had to guess.

Yall can't let a gator give a little **** talk back or you prefer the echo chamber?
Get yo *** outta here!

Advertisement
Back