Tears Gator Tears

Now is the perfect time to point out something of value.

On the 6 year and (almost) three month anniversary of this thread...

The very thing that @Hstokes1447 started us off with...

THAT MCSHARK****ER WAS FILLING HIS BORDERLINE TOP 10 CLASSES WITH QUESTIONABLE 4-STARS.

And...it's happening again...****, we could almost rename this thread Gaytor Tears 2.0, because Slingblade Billy is doing THE EXACT SAME THING that we started mocking McShark****er for over six years ago.

When Slingblade Billy was hired, he told the Bull Gaytors not to be concerned with stars. He told them he was going to recruit "footprint". He told them he would get guys who fit his system and that everyone should be patient.

And, quite literally, all that **** is out the window. What, with the pressure of losing to Vandy, and 3 of his 6 wins being OOC games, and his G5 staff (some of whom took better jobs after 1 year), and the high-profile decommits, and the obvious whiffs during recruiting, and the misplaced "believe whatever the recruits tell us" nonsense...

...Slingblade Billy has quickly pivoted to doing whatever it takes to salvage his job...which is going to be difficult when he goes 4-8 this year and 2-10 in 2024 with Savior Lagway at QB (assuming he doesn't go pro in baseball).

So let's review, shall we...

1. DJ Lagway (non-footprint Texas) - now, look, I'm not saying he's a 3-star talent. But he is DEFINITELY an overrated 5-star. And maybe the services will reflect that if his senior season is not stellar and/or other QBs have great seasons. Who knows, maybe all of Lagway's HS WRs will be "tired" this year after going to classes all day on Fridays. Or maybe, just maybe, Clemson will be able to point out the obvious and convince Lagway to flip. WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL VISITS? Lagway hasn't exactly lined up his 4 or 5 OVs, which means the Dave & Busters/G Wagon routine looks like the gold standard to him. So let's just say, he's not a "borderline 4-star", but who has Florida out-recruited in this situation? Kid has been committed for a while, and hasn't exactly seen a lot of comparatives. As Beetlejuice likes to say, "Goo Fa You".

2. Xavier Filsaime (non-footprint Texas) - again, he's a 5-star, but the lowest-rated 5-star. It's not gonna take a lot to dislodge this kid from his bragging rights. As with Lagway, WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL VISITS? It's like the Gaytors have to protect their top recruits with bubble-wrap. OK, Xavier went to visit UGa, but it's not like he seems open, that seems like more of an F.U. visit (to the defending national champs no less). "See, fellow Gaytor fans, our top defensive recruit is immune to the charms of a team that wins games, that makes us special!"

3. Adarius Hayes (yay, first Florida footprint recruit!) - I've discussed this earlier, you **** WELL should be landing highly-rated LBs when you have all-the-playing-time-in-the-world to offer. Last year, the Gaytors signed ONE linebacker and whiffed on everyone else, so they are just letting linebacker recruits write their name at the top of the depth chart now. While I am not saying this guy is overrated, WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL VISITS? June is supposed to be the month to barnstorm, to get the red carpet treatment. Not to listen to...crickets...dude took FOUR unofficial visits to Hogtown PLUS Junior Day and has been committed since he was a junior. He's from the Largo in Tampa Bay, not the Largo in the Florida Keys. Unsurprising.

4. Myles Graham (non-footprint Atlanta, though he was in Naples as a FR/SOPH and is a Gaytor Legacy) - another highly-rated LB, though he's played at small private schools predominantly. Again, WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL VISITS? Three unofficial visits to Hogtown and no other OVs. Are you noticing a trend here? I realize this kid committed in 2022, but come on now, doesn't ANY other school think they have a shot at beating Slingblade Billy here? Not even UGa is chasing this kid hard, like he's a rabbit in Pahokee? Oh, but Gaytor Earnest Graham is his dad, so this explains everything.

5. Aaron Chiles (non-footprint Maryland, FAB FOUR) - another LB, so I guess if the Gaytors recruit this position hard every other year, it should all work out. I'll make this simple, WHERE DA OFFICIAL VISITS AT? And, look, I'm not trying to rip these kids, but serious analysis would lead to concluding (A) Florida does NOT want their top recruits to see other schools, (B) other schools are not pursuing these kids heavily, and/or (C) both. This kid is scheduled to take one OV to Michigan AFTER he committed to Florida, so let's see if he actually goes through with it.

So for the TOP FIVE Gaytor recruits, who are TOP 100 players, I count TWO collective non-Hogtown OVs, one to UGa and one to Michigan post-commit. Wow.

6. Amir Jackson (non-footprint Georgia, FAB FOUR) - obviously, we are familiar with this kid, as we are recruiting him as well. FINALLY we get to a kid who has MULTIPLE OFFICIAL VISITS SCHEDULED. Of course, three of them are post-commit (Tennessee in June and Miami and Auburn in September), and the Gaytor fans are already talking about pressuring Jackson to cancel those OVs. So in THIS case, we are comfortable with answer choice (A), that Florida does not want this recruit to see other schools, since we know that other schools ARE pursuing this kid heavily.

7. Amaris Williams (non-footprint North Carolina, FAB FOUR) - FINALLY we get to a kid who took MULTIPLE OFFICIAL VISTS BEFORE HOGTOWN. But, yeah, they were to Pedo State and NC State. Not the sexiest of Official Visits. And, hey, he's got Tennessee lined up next week, assuming Slingblade Billy doesn't break kneecaps to get that one cancelled. Now you are into the interesting terrain of "but but but, he's Top 247" and "yeah, but why does he not have more big offers". I'm gonna give this kid a pass, for now, on the "overrated" issue, but just flagging this one for "didn't beat out any great schools for his commit".

8. Nasir Johnson (non-footprint Georgia, FAB FOUR) - Took an OV to South Carolina previously, and seems to have one scheduled for F$U, who knows if he takes that one. Same category as Amaris Williams. Could be a good one, haven't exactly beaten many schools head-to-head for his commit.

So for the "FAB FOUR" recruits, we see another trend, and that is to pressure kids to commit this weekend and then cancel other visits. Only one of the four took multiple OVs before Hogtown, and then THE OTHER THREE had a combined ONE prior OV (to South Carolina). Wow.

9. Izaiah Williams (yay, Footprint Recruit #2) - One Official Visit. Period. To Hogtown. Post-commit.

10. Kahnen Daniels (non-footprint Mississippi) - Took ONE non-Hogtown Official Visit. To Michigan State. Post-commit.

11. Josiah Davis (non-footprint Georgia) - See, generally, Izaiah Williams. One Official Visit. Period. To Hogtown. Post-commit.

12. Mike Williams (non-footprint Maryland) - This is the kid that South Carolina dropped. See, generally, Kahnen Daniels. Took ONE non-Hogtown Official Visit. To Michigan State. Post-commit.

13. Noel PortnJAGin (non-footprint Germany) - Do I have to say it? NO OTHER VISITS.

So let's sum up, shall we.

TWO Florida recruits.

The 6/17/2023 "FAB FOUR" haven't seen much rival recruitment, outside of Amaris Williams, and I'll be interested to see what happens with Amir Jackson IF IF IF he takes his other scheduled visits.

The pre-6/17/2023 "OTHER FOUR" also haven't seen much rival recruitment, though that could change with Lagway. I don't expect Hayes or Legacy Graham to flip, and I'm curious as to when the rest of the country will put the full-court press on Filsaime.

Let's be honest, it's not like the Gaytors have beaten out UGa and Alabama and Taint and Texas and USC and LSU for these kids. And I WOULD UNDERSTAND pressuring kids to cancel further visits IF IF IF they were going to visit the schools I just mentioned.

But that's not what is happening here.

House of cards.

McShark****er-style recruiting. Lightly-regarded/lightly-pursued 4-stars.

Goo Fa You.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Painfully obvious to see how insecure and threatened they are by us as a program. We beat them directly for so many top targets last cycle and now they focus intensely on negatively recruiting us and wanna force announcements from their croots as soon as they get a sense we're building momentum. They might have had a few bullets in the chamber right now but once a kid like Scott goes public for us they'll only be able to standby and watch as we lap them and it will be glorious.
What happened yesterday with 4 commits in one day isn’t about us. It’s about Billy trying to save face with Austin Simmons flipping to Ole Miss and Knee-Jerk Napier panicking and unloading his clip of commits like the finale fireworks on 4th of July. And they have no OV’s next weekend because of Friday Night Bites.

Terrible timing for momentum and as @supacane mentioned, none of these kids got their own moment.

Now is the perfect time to point out something of value.

On the 6 year and (almost) three month anniversary of this thread...

The very thing that @Hstokes1447 started us off with...

THAT MCSHARK****ER WAS FILLING HIS BORDERLINE TOP 10 CLASSES WITH QUESTIONABLE 4-STARS.

And...it's happening again...****, we could almost rename this thread Gaytor Tears 2.0, because Slingblade Billy is doing THE EXACT SAME THING that we started mocking McShark****er for over six years ago.

When Slingblade Billy was hired, he told the Bull Gaytors not to be concerned with stars. He told them he was going to recruit "footprint". He told them he would get guys who fit his system and that everyone should be patient.

And, quite literally, all that **** is out the window. What, with the pressure of losing to Vandy, and 3 of his 6 wins being OOC games, and his G5 staff (some of whom took better jobs after 1 year), and the high-profile decommits, and the obvious whiffs during recruiting, and the misplaced "believe whatever the recruits tell us" nonsense...

...Slingblade Billy has quickly pivoted to doing whatever it takes to salvage his job...which is going to be difficult when he goes 4-8 this year and 2-10 in 2024 with Savior Lagway at QB (assuming he doesn't go pro in baseball).

So let's review, shall we...

1. DJ Lagway (non-footprint Texas) - now, look, I'm not saying he's a 3-star talent. But he is DEFINITELY an overrated 5-star. And maybe the services will reflect that if his senior season is not stellar and/or other QBs have great seasons. Who knows, maybe all of Lagway's HS WRs will be "tired" this year after going to classes all day on Fridays. Or maybe, just maybe, Clemson will be able to point out the obvious and convince Lagway to flip. WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL VISITS? Lagway hasn't exactly lined up his 4 or 5 OVs, which means the Dave & Busters/G Wagon routine looks like the gold standard to him. So let's just say, he's not a "borderline 4-star", but who has Florida out-recruited in this situation? Kid has been committed for a while, and hasn't exactly seen a lot of comparatives. As Beetlejuice likes to say, "Goo Fa You".

2. Xavier Filsaime (non-footprint Texas) - again, he's a 5-star, but the lowest-rated 5-star. It's not gonna take a lot to dislodge this kid from his bragging rights. As with Lagway, WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL VISITS? It's like the Gaytors have to protect their top recruits with bubble-wrap. OK, Xavier went to visit UGa, but it's not like he seems open, that seems like more of an F.U. visit (to the defending national champs no less). "See, fellow Gaytor fans, our top defensive recruit is immune to the charms of a team that wins games, that makes us special!"

3. Adarius Hayes (yay, first Florida footprint recruit!) - I've discussed this earlier, you **** WELL should be landing highly-rated LBs when you have all-the-playing-time-in-the-world to offer. Last year, the Gaytors signed ONE linebacker and whiffed on everyone else, so they are just letting linebacker recruits write their name at the top of the depth chart now. While I am not saying this guy is overrated, WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL VISITS? June is supposed to be the month to barnstorm, to get the red carpet treatment. Not to listen to...crickets...dude took FOUR unofficial visits to Hogtown PLUS Junior Day and has been committed since he was a junior. He's from the Largo in Tampa Bay, not the Largo in the Florida Keys. Unsurprising.

4. Myles Graham (non-footprint Atlanta, though he was in Naples as a FR/SOPH and is a Gaytor Legacy) - another highly-rated LB, though he's played at small private schools predominantly. Again, WHERE ARE THE OFFICIAL VISITS? Three unofficial visits to Hogtown and no other OVs. Are you noticing a trend here? I realize this kid committed in 2022, but come on now, doesn't ANY other school think they have a shot at beating Slingblade Billy here? Not even UGa is chasing this kid hard, like he's a rabbit in Pahokee? Oh, but Gaytor Earnest Graham is his dad, so this explains everything.

5. Aaron Chiles (non-footprint Maryland, FAB FOUR) - another LB, so I guess if the Gaytors recruit this position hard every other year, it should all work out. I'll make this simple, WHERE DA OFFICIAL VISITS AT? And, look, I'm not trying to rip these kids, but serious analysis would lead to concluding (A) Florida does NOT want their top recruits to see other schools, (B) other schools are not pursuing these kids heavily, and/or (C) both. This kid is scheduled to take one OV to Michigan AFTER he committed to Florida, so let's see if he actually goes through with it.

So for the TOP FIVE Gaytor recruits, who are TOP 100 players, I count TWO collective non-Hogtown OVs, one to UGa and one to Michigan post-commit. Wow.

6. Amir Jackson (non-footprint Georgia, FAB FOUR) - obviously, we are familiar with this kid, as we are recruiting him as well. FINALLY we get to a kid who has MULTIPLE OFFICIAL VISITS SCHEDULED. Of course, three of them are post-commit (Tennessee in June and Miami and Auburn in September), and the Gaytor fans are already talking about pressuring Jackson to cancel those OVs. So in THIS case, we are comfortable with answer choice (A), that Florida does not want this recruit to see other schools, since we know that other schools ARE pursuing this kid heavily.

7. Amaris Williams (non-footprint North Carolina, FAB FOUR) - FINALLY we get to a kid who took MULTIPLE OFFICIAL VISTS BEFORE HOGTOWN. But, yeah, they were to Pedo State and NC State. Not the sexiest of Official Visits. And, hey, he's got Tennessee lined up next week, assuming Slingblade Billy doesn't break kneecaps to get that one cancelled. Now you are into the interesting terrain of "but but but, he's Top 247" and "yeah, but why does he not have more big offers". I'm gonna give this kid a pass, for now, on the "overrated" issue, but just flagging this one for "didn't beat out any great schools for his commit".

8. Nasir Johnson (non-footprint Georgia, FAB FOUR) - Took an OV to South Carolina previously, and seems to have one scheduled for F$U, who knows if he takes that one. Same category as Amaris Williams. Could be a good one, haven't exactly beaten many schools head-to-head for his commit.

So for the "FAB FOUR" recruits, we see another trend, and that is to pressure kids to commit this weekend and then cancel other visits. Only one of the four took multiple OVs before Hogtown, and then THE OTHER THREE had a combined ONE prior OV (to South Carolina). Wow.

9. Izaiah Williams (yay, Footprint Recruit #2) - One Official Visit. Period. To Hogtown. Post-commit.

10. Kahnen Daniels (non-footprint Mississippi) - Took ONE non-Hogtown Official Visit. To Michigan State. Post-commit.

11. Josiah Davis (non-footprint Georgia) - See, generally, Izaiah Williams. One Official Visit. Period. To Hogtown. Post-commit.

12. Mike Williams (non-footprint Maryland) - This is the kid that South Carolina dropped. See, generally, Kahnen Daniels. Took ONE non-Hogtown Official Visit. To Michigan State. Post-commit.

13. Noel PortnJAGin (non-footprint Germany) - Do I have to say it? NO OTHER VISITS.

So let's sum up, shall we.

TWO Florida recruits.

The 6/17/2023 "FAB FOUR" haven't seen much rival recruitment, outside of Amaris Williams, and I'll be interested to see what happens with Amir Jackson IF IF IF he takes his other scheduled visits.

The pre-6/17/2023 "OTHER FOUR" also haven't seen much rival recruitment, though that could change with Lagway. I don't expect Hayes or Legacy Graham to flip, and I'm curious as to when the rest of the country will put the full-court press on Filsaime.

Let's be honest, it's not like the Gaytors have beaten out UGa and Alabama and Taint and Texas and USC and LSU for these kids. And I WOULD UNDERSTAND pressuring kids to cancel further visits IF IF IF they were going to visit the schools I just mentioned.

But that's not what is happening here.

House of cards.

McShark****er-style recruiting. Lightly-regarded/lightly-pursued 4-stars.

Goo Fa You.
Hayes might be a a legacy too. I thought two of the LBs are. Graham is one.

Advertisement
For now, yeah they have a superior class. Hard to argue against that. Remember last season though and how they pay and push for early commits out of desperation. Throwing money around for positive tweets or stepping foot on campus.

Forget the end of the season. I’m confident they won’t have a top ten class by then, but let’s start before that. Let’s see how our class stacks up at the end of the summer. Ours should be better. Their moves are so easily calculated. Lose one big prospect, stop the bleeding by having people commit so they stop talking about it.

Last edited:
IMG_7208.gif

Yeah, it wasn’t an NIL thing at all, his dad just wanted a job working in Mississippi.
I thought Noles were delusional, but these Gates take spin and delusion to a another level.
That's actuality a repeated go to on their board when they miss a kid. It's not just blame the parents, but it's "say that the parents wanted a job which other scummy programs were willing to give but UF wouldn't because moral high ground"

It's their bread and butter in the recruiting playbook

Advertisement
For now, yeah they have a superior class. Hard to argue against that. Remember last season though and how they pay and push for early commits out of desperation. Throwing money around for positive tweets or stepping foot on campus.

Forget the end of the season. I’m confident they won’t have a top ten class by then, but let’s start before that. Let’s see how our class stacks up at the end of the summer. Ours should be better. Their moves are so easily calculated. Lose one big prospect, stop the bleeding by having people commit so they stop talking about it.
Wasn’t there a lot of smoke that they paid Andy Jean to commit when he did cause they were getting beat up by Mario on the trail?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What happened yesterday with 4 commits in one day isn’t about us. It’s about Billy trying to save face with Austin Simmons flipping to Ole Miss and Knee-Jerk Napier panicking and unloading his clip of commits like the finale fireworks on 4th of July. And they have no OV’s next weekend because of Friday Night Bites.

Terrible timing for momentum and as @supacane mentioned, none of these kids got their own moment.
Yep. Mario and Billy have completely opposite recruiting strategies at the moment and Billy is more Al Golden than anything

We know how this will play out

I heard that too. Talent-wise we should’ve taken him. I have no idea if there was another issue that occurred in the recruitment.
If it means the word spreading further that Mario isn't gonna be a game playing place holder then I think it's worth not taking him back. Andy Jean is good but not worth getting jerked around for imo.

Advertisement
Back