Tears Gator Tears

They lost most of their OL, 2 of their top 3 WRs, their top 5 leading tacklers on defense and Richardson who they replaced with Graham Schmutz. They won 6 games last year with that roster and this year, per ESPN, the gator plays the 3rd toughest schedule in the country.

This isn’t promising for them.

Love This GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Advertisement
Once again, Northern gets backed into a corner with facts and has no response besides “I know you are but what am I?”. His verbal beating on the 247 site looks oddly similar to his attempted “debate” here. You can tell he’s a lawyer by the way he goes off on semantics when he doesn’t have a legit response to the other poster. He wrote paragraphs on the term “paperless” because he had absolutely nothing to say in actual response to the Miami poster. When all else fails go off on some ridiculous diatribe and hope the person arguing with you just gets tired of deflection.
They have to get it in when they can. After we lap them in recruiting, they'll change from "broke Ruiz" to "Ruiz is overpaying" ignoring previous comments. They'll ignore their "3-star" comments completely. It will all be about Miami overpaying with "Ponzi scheme" money. That's what they'll say. They can't admit to themselves that our program is passing theirs or we have a better recruiting and coaching staff. It's always something else.

Regarding the stadium. When I hear that from an opposing program's fanbase, I know right away they are insecure. We play in a stadium that hosts the CFP and NFL Super Bowls. Both FSU and UF play in dumpy stadiums that are basically the same since they were built. Ben Hill stadium was built in 1930. They've done 4 renovations and that place still looks old. FSU's Doak Campbell was built in 1950. It's a dump. FSU had to get local government officials to take tax payer money earmarked for local city programs to finance a renovation. Both fanbases rag on Miami for not having their own stadium is just jealousy and inferiority complexes for the POS stadiums they play in.

Perhaps FSU should play their games at Tampa Bay stadium and UF should play in Jacksonville. Two modern NFL stadiums. FSU and UF fans always digging about us not having our own stadium is like your neighbor digging at you because you drive a leased Mercedes while he brags about owning his 1970's AMC Gremlin with plans of a renovation when he raids his kids college fund.

I'll take my leased Mercedes all day everyday. 🖕the Gators, those fake wannabe Seminoles, and both of their crappy stadiums!!!!!
Formula 1 Yes GIF by Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team
german car GIF
200.gif

Last edited:
They have to get it in when they can. After we lap them in recruiting, they'll change from "broke Ruiz" to "Ruiz is overpaying" ignoring previous comments. They'll ignore their "3-star" comments completely. It will all be about Miami overpaying with "Ponzi scheme" money. That's what they'll say. They can't admit to themselves that our program is passing theirs or we have a better recruiting and coaching staff. It's always something else.

Regarding the stadium. When I hear that from an opposing program's fanbase, I know right away they are insecure. We play in a stadium that hosts the CFP and NFL Super Bowls. Both FSU and UF play in dumpy stadiums that are basically the same since they were built. Ben Hill stadium was built in 1930. They've done 4 renovations and that place still looks old. FSU's Doak Campbell was built in 1950. It's a dump. FSU had to get local government officials to take tax payer money earmarked for local city programs to finance a renovation. Both fanbases rag on Miami for not having their own stadium is just jealousy and inferiority complexes for the POS stadiums they play in.

Perhaps FSU should play their games at Tampa Bay stadium and UF should play in Jacksonville. Two modern NFL stadiums. FSU and UF fans always digging about us not having our own stadium is like your neighbor digging at you because you drive a leased Mercedes while he brags about owning his 1970's AMC Gremlin with plans of a renovation when he raids his kids college fund.

Advertisement
What was funny last year when they were saying our class was bolstered with a bunch of lowly 3* kids and then was "top heavy" but I went full gator (never go full gator) and used the class calculator to test this theory...

When I did it (roughly December) UF currently sat at 274 points and # 11 overall class with 18 4* and they make fun of us for having 10 3*....Well if you drop EIGHT of our 3 stars being: Frankie, Kaleb Spencer, Marcellius, Emory, Jackson, Reid, Kinsler, AND horton we would STILL be ranked ahead of UF.
The star ranking is mostly BS anyway. You have a bunch of people not qualified to analyze high school players (or any players for that matter) telling us the pecking order of talent. Top talent is going to succeed more often than not. Everyone else comes down to evaluation and development. The ranking systems are flawed. It's really about making money from fan interest. Schools don't just rely On3, 247 or ESPN to do their evaluations.

Guys that don't go to camps or play for small schools are automatically 3-star talent or worse. These recruiting ranking outfits watch film and go to camps. They don't go or rarely go to practices or games. Their evaluations don't factor in the type of person a prospect is and whether he would benefit or hurt a locker room. Does the NFL use recruiting ranking outfits to evaluate college talent? **** no. They personally evaluate every eligible player they think can help them no matter where they're from or the competition they played. This is why 3-star and FCS players wind up in the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft.

What I see is Mario and staff evaluating players that can help win games. Players that are a good culture fit. They have strategically gone after and locked in late risers. Now, they can focus in on the elite prospects. Unlike past UM regimes that either didn't recruit high profile prospects or spent so much time on them ignoring guys that could help the program and then be left with nothing when the high profile player commits elsewhere.

It's clear Mario and Alonzo have a strategy for building the roster and program. We all just need to sit back and wait for the sausage to be made.

Last edited:
What was funny last year when they were saying our class was bolstered with a bunch of lowly 3* kids and then was "top heavy" but I went full gator (never go full gator) and used the class calculator to test this theory...

When I did it (roughly December) UF currently sat at 274 points and # 11 overall class with 18 4* and they make fun of us for having 10 3*....Well if you drop EIGHT of our 3 stars being: Frankie, Kaleb Spencer, Marcellius, Emory, Jackson, Reid, Kinsler, AND horton we would STILL be ranked ahead of UF.

By the end of June we will have passed them in rankings

Advertisement

Mandel’s Mailbag:​

Stewart, pull out your crystal ball and make a bold, gutsy prediction for each Power 5 conference for the 2023 season. — Rob W., Columbia, S.C.

OK!

SEC: Florida finishes last in the SEC East. Billy Napier did a great job at ULL, but I’m failing to see much reason for optimism heading into Year 2, especially if ex-Badger Graham Mertz is his best option at quarterback. The returning roster was underwhelming, and the Gators lost a lot more to the portal than they gained. It’s not inconceivable that Vandy, which beat Kentucky and Florida late last season to finish 5-7, passes Florida in the standings.

Am I the only one who read this and thought, "that's not bold or gutsy at all"? Literally the only SEC team with a Vegas predicted win total below FU's is Vanderbilt (and they beat FU last season).

Advertisement
Am I the only one who read this and thought, "that's not bold or gutsy at all"? Literally the only SEC team with a Vegas predicted win total below FU's is Vanderbilt (and they beat FU last season).
It’s bold because they know the public backlash and the programs “history”. Also considering Vandy is known as the longtime cellar of the SEC. But looking at facts, real bad outlook for gata

Advertisement
Lol trust that’s TikTok inspired. Every “trendy” 12-19 year old kid has that cut.

And Graham Mertz.
Na that’s from circa 2006 mtv reality show two a days. I don’t mess with Chinese spyware so I didn’t know that look is coming back

Advertisement
Back