Tears Gator Tears

Going from "he threw a shoe" to...

20230112_133735.jpg

Advertisement
I talk recruiting / football with acquaintance I do business with that’s a gator fan. Over time he’s figured out that I have legit some info when it comes to Miami stuff. All I’ve really mentioned to him gator related is their Nil was being ran by idiots but not much else . Which leads me to a funny story.

A week before ESD I go up to him and say “ hey man, something is up with Rashada, his peeps have reached out to UM to see if there’s still interest“. After Rashada signed he ran up to me relieved to say” guess everything worked out , he signed with us”. Now forward to today lol, I walk in and our eyes met and he instantly had a **** eating grin lol.

Fantastic.

You know, there are a lot of "show-mes" on this board, a lot of guys who like to start their posts with "And you know this how?" and whatnot.

And there's no possible way to explain all of the different ways we get information, at least not that would satisfy the skeptics and mopers.

But you know...I've been saying this from the VERY beginning...

...the Gaytor NIL/Collective setup is pure trash.

It involves vague promises with very little "actual money in the bank".

It's a collection of arrogant and dismissive people who think they are the smartest ones in the room, who have been DEFECATING on Miami and our approach for two years, while ****ily convincing themselves that somehow the brilliant Gaytor alums had stumbled across the secret formula for doing NIL better than anyone else...

And now we see that it was all just a case of "emperor's new clothes". They all told each other that they had the most beautiful NIL plan in all of the land, and now we realize that it was NOTHING all along.

Fantastic.

You know, there are a lot of "show-mes" on this board, a lot of guys who like to start their posts with "And you know this how?" and whatnot.

And there's no possible way to explain all of the different ways we get information, at least not that would satisfy the skeptics and mopers.

But you know...I've been saying this from the VERY beginning...

...the Gaytor NIL/Collective setup is pure trash.

It involves vague promises with very little "actual money in the bank".

It's a collection of arrogant and dismissive people who think they are the smartest ones in the room, who have been DEFECATING on Miami and our approach for two years, while ****ily convincing themselves that somehow the brilliant Gaytor alums had stumbled across the secret formula for doing NIL better than anyone else...

And now we see that it was all just a case of "emperor's new clothes". They all told each other that they had the most beautiful NIL plan in all of the land, and now we realize that it was NOTHING all along.
You didn’t make message board genuses like me though lol. I was some random whack job talking crazy.

I talk recruiting / football with acquaintance I do business with that’s a gator fan. Over time he’s figured out that I have some legit info when it comes to Miami stuff. All I’ve really mentioned to him gator related is their Nil was being ran by idiots but not much else . Which leads me to a funny story.

A week before ESD I go up to him and say “ hey man, something is up with Rashada, his peeps have reached out to UM to see if there’s still interest“. After Rashada signed he ran up to me relieved to say” guess everything worked out , he signed with us”. Now forward to today lol, I walk in and our eyes met and he instantly had a **** eating grin lol.
"Rashada, his peeps have reached out to UM to see if there’s still interest“

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall in Mario's office when he heard this ****.

Advertisement
Just curious, if this is entirely a NIL issue what does Rashada’s father and UF AD have to discuss? Shouldn’t he be on daily calls with the NIL groups and leaders?

Exactly the only thing I can think of is the AD just trying to convince him to enroll in classes before it’s too late

But your 💯 accurate on your take.

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall in Mario's office when he heard this ****.
Tbh Mario was about over all of this before he committed to UM. Dealing with their camp had Miami prepared to walk away a month or two before he popped.

I talk recruiting / football with acquaintance I do business with that’s a gator fan. Over time he’s figured out that I have some legit info when it comes to Miami stuff. All I’ve really mentioned to him gator related is their Nil was being ran by idiots but not much else . Which leads me to a funny story.

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

The "fly" comment is accurate, because Mario **** himself when he got the call.

Although he told his staffers that he blamed all the Cuban coffee...

Advertisement
Tbh Mario was about over all of this before he committed to UM. Dealing with their camp had Miami prepared to walk away a month or two before he popped.
Lol amazing.
then in a different form how is he not almost over Cormani. Just a different flavor of crazy.

Advertisement
Smh.. reading through these screenshots just makes them look worse and worse.

"Rashada's father told Huffman they're speaking to UF again today." Then follows that up with..

"It isn't a recruiting situation anymore. Its a NIL situation."

Which again.. since "its not a recruiting situation, its a NIL situation" the university cannot be involved in any way.

The NCAA should be looking into this. I'm not even saying they need/have to do anything. But come on. This is the only thing schools aren't allowed to do. How is this ok, but Ruiz had them sending people down to snoop around?
If any of the Miami 247 writers ever wrote the phrase "it's not a recruiting situation, it's an NIL situation," half the gator board would legitimately be calling in tips to their local FBI field office.

Advertisement
Lol amazing.
then in a different form how is he not almost over Cormani. Just a different flavor of crazy.
If you back and look at my posts in the JR thread there was a couple weeks where I didn’t think things were looking good. That’s the period when I was told they were getting tired of the negotiations and were at the point they were prepared to walk away. Communication had all but stopped. As I’d said ” UF always had the best offer but he wasn’t big on living in Gainesville , he wanted to live in Miami”. UF just got desperate at the end and blew our offer away.

Advertisement
Back