Tears Gator Tears

I'm not mixing anything up. I know they are different governing bodies. Just like in my last post, even if the NCAA has zero teeth, if there is any reason (including statements from another governing body) they can put a cloud over us, they will. That in itself could hurt us, even if there's nothing to it. They tried doing this with the Shapiro thing. Where they got in trouble wasn't that they were trying to use statements from the court (which would have been totally legit), it was that they were paying an attorney to ask unrelated questions to try to get the dirt on us.

Again, I cannot emphasize this enough.

Anyone can say anything. But you have to have EVIDENCE.

And I give ZERO ***** about what Harlan Rashada would say about Miami. Because I know about 120 OTHER student-athletes who would be willing to testify that their NIL deals were NOT contingent upon enrolling at the University of Miami.

Stop trying to be mopey by inventing some doomsday scenario for Miami. It's just not happening the way you fantasized it. Relax.

Not to mention...if the Rashadas EVER want to be paid...they aren't going to burn down the whole house in a lawsuit. Just the Gaytor wing.

Advertisement
Since when has the NCAA not showed favoritism and looked the other way on obvious major violations? Just look at Bama. They get away with everything while other schools get hit for much less.

WHAT MAJOR VIOLATIONS? WHAT MAJOR VIOLATIONS BY MIAMI?

Just stop. You're in over your head.

AND THIS IS GAYTOR TEARS.

Prosecutors? This isn't a criminal case.

It would be a civil case between the Rashadas and UiF.

Again, if the lawsuit is over HOW THE NON-RELEASE FROM AN LOI has damaged Jaden's ability to enroll elsewhere and get an NIL deal, then the only relevance of other offers is to establish that Jaden has damages, i.e., that the non-release (after non-payment) constittutes a restriction on his ability to enroll elsewhere, play football, and earn NIL money.

The "what were the terms" question is IRRELEVANT as to the issue of non-release from the LOI. That's strictly a UiF issue, and anything else has no bearing on the case.

You're bringing up a bunch of other bull****, like "talk shows" and "books" that have no bearing on an actual lawsuit that would be filed over the failure to grant an LOI release.
Sorry, should I say "lawyers" instead? And I completely disagree, I don't think it's irrelevant. It's a completely plausible next question in the line of questions. "Was UF the only one?" It's an easy straight line from question A to question B. From there, it doesn't matter how legit our NIL is. The NCAA would absolutely take it and run, even if it's just "we're looking into it" for years to hurt our recruiting. They don't actually have to take action.

Again, we've seen this happen to our school more than once. We could have never been involved with a recruit and if the kid dropped our name, they'd look into us. We're held at a different level. You don't think that's remotely part the UF messaging strategy that they have their recruits say they chose UF over Miami because family over money? Or Darrell Jackson with his post insinuating the same thing about sticking with FSU over Miami?

My argument has little to do with the actual legalities or NIL or what's going on with UF. It's about public perception and what the NCAA has historically done to us.

Advertisement
Poor Billy.

ezgif-4-22bc00910d.gif

The "sorry for being a conspiracy theorist" post is an all-timer.

He says that ole Mafia Ruiz telling Rashada to say hello to his father was meant to be "threatening."

He then goes on to accuse Ruiz of "illegal inducement" to attend Miami, and that its Miami committing a violation.

And he's coming up with this nonsense while everyone posting around him is openly discussing Rashada not attending UF because of NIL disagreements between him and the university. Which is exactly the type of violation he's attempting to accuse Miami and Ruiz of committing.

No matter how many times one of them posts something like this and no matter how many times I read it, I'm still amazed by their lack of self awareness.

Sorry, should I say "lawyers" instead? And I completely disagree, I don't think it's irrelevant. It's a completely plausible next question in the line of questions. "Was UF the only one?" It's an easy straight line from question A to question B. From there, it doesn't matter how legit our NIL is. The NCAA would absolutely take it and run, even if it's just "we're looking into it" for years to hurt our recruiting. They don't actually have to take action.

Again, we've seen this happen to our school more than once. We could have never been involved with a recruit and if the kid dropped our name, they'd look into us. We're held at a different level. You don't think that's remotely part the UF messaging strategy that they have their recruits say they chose UF over Miami because family over money? Or Darrell Jackson with his post insinuating the same thing about sticking with FSU over Miami?

My argument has little to do with the actual legalities or NIL or what's going on with UF. It's about public perception and what the NCAA has historically done to us.

Enough. To quote the great Mojo Nixon, if I want any more **** out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

I don't care if YOU think it's irrelevant. I don't care if YOU think it's an easy straight line from question A to question B. Do you realize who you are talking to on this board? MULTIPLE people who went to law school. So the question of "relevance" is not my own personal opinion, but one that will be agreed upon by any and every judge who sits on the bench.

And, again, you leapt STRAIGHT to "the NCAA would absolutely take it and run". Stop. Just stop.

No matter what questions one side WANTS to ask, any opposing attorney worth a dime would immediately object on relevance. It's what they are paid to do, unless you want every case to last for 10 years. You ALWAYS take action to constrain a case to the relevant issues, rather than negligently allowing a decade-long fishing expedition.

You might be creative, but from your stubborness, you're giving off the whiff of...a 4-legged reptile...either that, or SemenHole...just listen to what bright people are telling you, and worry less about "public perception" and "what the NCAA has historically done to us".

GAYTOR TEARS.

Advertisement
Where did they get this narrative that West Coast people are soft? If that is the case why do the recruit outside of the East Coast where all the manly kids are.

They are just whiny, because Chris Steele bolted on them, and now Jaden Rashada. So, you know, what two guys do...MUST be representative of tens of millions of people who live in the Pacific time zone...

SEC-SEC-SEC...

Enough. To quote the great Mojo Nixon, if I want any more **** out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

I don't care if YOU think it's irrelevant. I don't care if YOU think it's an easy straight line from question A to question B. Do you realize who you are talking to on this board? MULTIPLE people who went to law school. So the question of "relevance" is not my own personal opinion, but one that will be agreed upon by any and every judge who sits on the bench.

And, again, you leapt STRAIGHT to "the NCAA would absolutely take it and run". Stop. Just stop.

No matter what questions one side WANTS to ask, any opposing attorney worth a dime would immediately object on relevance. It's what they are paid to do, unless you want every case to last for 10 years. You ALWAYS take action to constrain a case to the relevant issues, rather than negligently allowing a decade-long fishing expedition.

You might be creative, but from your stubborness, you're giving off the whiff of...a 4-legged reptile...either that, or SemenHole...just listen to what bright people are telling you, and worry less about "public perception" and "what the NCAA has historically done to us".

GAYTOR TEARS.
You apparently don't pay attention to recent history. But whatever, you do you boo-boo. Agree to disagree.

And for the record, this was all related to Rashada talk, so absolutely belongs in Gator Tears.

Advertisement
I talk recruiting / football with acquaintance I do business with that’s a gator fan. Over time he’s figured out that I have some legit info when it comes to Miami stuff. All I’ve really mentioned to him gator related is their Nil was being ran by idiots but not much else . Which leads me to a funny story.

A week before ESD I go up to him and say “ hey man, something is up with Rashada, his peeps have reached out to UM to see if there’s still interest“. After Rashada signed he ran up to me relieved to say” guess everything worked out , he signed with us”. Now forward to today lol, I walk in and our eyes met and he instantly had a **** eating grin lol.

Last edited:
Smh.. reading through these screenshots just makes them look worse and worse.

"Rashada's father told Huffman they're speaking to UF again today." Then follows that up with..

"It isn't a recruiting situation anymore. Its a NIL situation."

Which again.. since "its not a recruiting situation, its a NIL situation" the university cannot be involved in any way.

The NCAA should be looking into this. I'm not even saying they need/have to do anything. But come on. This is the only thing schools aren't allowed to do. How is this ok, but Ruiz had them sending people down to snoop around?

Stop It Roe V Wade GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
You apparently don't pay attention to recent history. But whatever, you do you boo-boo. Agree to disagree.

And for the record, this was all related to Rashada talk, so absolutely belongs in Gator Tears.

"Rashada Talk", as it relates to the Gaytors and the LOI. If you want to derail it into "ohmygosh, how could this harm Miami", I would gladly recommend multiple other Rashada threads.

The comments I made relate to whether the Gaytors will, or will not, release Rashada from his LOI.

GAYTOR TEARS.

Advertisement
Back