Tears Gator Tears

I spent a night in gainesville

Never Again Abortion GIF by GIPHY News

That scene from Apocalypse Now slides in - "The horror. The horror."

Advertisement
It’s similar to a baseball player who gets drafted. They always tell their buddies they got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to sign, when in reality they got 25K and a bus ticket.

Schools love for the narrative to live that they pay exorbitant amounts of money to recruits, as it’s obviously good for business to be seen as an NIL leader.

Most kids are getting upper double digits per year. All but a very few are making low six figures at most.

There are a few elite recruits who are getting millions, but very few. And the number of recruits who are getting exactly what was promised are very few. That’s why Miami is getting so much traction, because they’re setting it up like a payroll transaction and the checks roll in on the reg.

The NIL world is ******** over tons of kids where they get trapped and have little recourse.
So, pretty much in reality... the numbers most of these kids are getting are like the numbers we were putting out last yr... 20k-30k?

Gator Collective calling out UF admin. Says they told Gator admin they need $30M a year to succeed and Gator admin told the collective to buy a $400k learfield ad spot at the stadium.

Poor Treyaun just sitting here like

Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad
Do they not realize that this is completely illegal, and that UF cannot be actively involved in any NIL deals or structuring of NIL. They really are this stupid.

This is exactly what Ruiz has been Tweeting about. Gayta fans think that Miami are the ones that will have the hammer fall on them, but Ruiz has a legit Corporation signing players to NIL deals for their advertising services.

The Gayta are admitting on a public forum that they’re buying players, and that they need $30 million annually from the collective to ensure that they can get the job done.

If this isn’t evidence of pay-for-play, then I don’t know what is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Haven’t gotten an explanation on that

Amongst Florida schools

most enrollment = no
most cfb championships = no
most NFL players = no
most HoFers = no
most wins h2h = no

@TheOriginalCane your a good FL school history buff and alumn Any idea what they have to self anoint themselves as the flagship of FL? Even academic ranking has been back and forth.
SEC, SEC, SEC!

But really, they probably think that because they are THE University of Florida. All other schools have something else attached to Florida in their name (FSU, UCF etc.) or don't have Florida in their name at all (us).

Do they not realize that this is completely illegal, and that UF cannot be actively involved in any NIL deals or structuring of NIL. They really are this stupid.

This is exactly what Ruiz has been Tweeting about. Gayta fans think that Miami are the ones that will have the hammer fall on them, but Ruiz has a legit Corporation signing players to NIL deals for their advertising services.

The Gayta are admitting on a public forum that they’re buying players, and that they need $30 million annually from the collective to ensure that they can get the job done.

If this isn’t evidence of pay-for-play, then I don’t know what is.
My bad, poor phrasing on my part.

The CEO, Eddie, of Gator Collective mentioned having conversations with UF Admin about recruiting. Eddie told UF Admin that his goal is to fund a war chest of $30M annually to support the program. UF Admin pivoted the convo to pitching him on buying some $400k sponsorships for his Gator Collective. He also mentioned that they told him there was some 12mo lockout thing where he couldn't engage boosters?

I think the point he was trying to make is that they're not looking to support Gator Collective (as they shouldn't be) and instead are trying to get money out of him. So he's deflecting blame from Gator Collective to UF Admin.

Advertisement
My bad, poor phrasing on my part.

The CEO, Eddie, of Gator Collective mentioned having conversations with UF Admin about recruiting. Eddie told UF Admin that his goal is to fund a war chest of $30M annually to support the program. UF Admin pivoted the convo to pitching him on buying some $400k sponsorships for his Gator Collective. He also mentioned that they told him there was some 12mo lockout thing where he couldn't engage boosters?

I think the point he was trying to make is that they're not looking to support Gator Collective (as they shouldn't be) and instead are trying to get money out of him. So he's deflecting blame from Gator Collective to UF Admin.

I’m sure UF isn’t OK with alumni donations seeing a high administrative fee that he and his staff take that they don’t control.

It’s what Ruiz keeps insinuating about these collectives, they operate like Goodwill where you think you’re doing some noble deed and they are taking in the cash to fund their lifestyles and tax write offs

So, pretty much in reality... the numbers most of these kids are getting are like the numbers we were putting out last yr... 20k-30k?
More than that, but the reports of every player getting half a mil or more is silly.

It’s not just the money, either, it’s the structure of the deals being setup in a way to ***** these kids.

One thing Miami is doing right is setting them up like payroll and an expense, rather than a bunch of fans promising to pay out a certain amount on a certain date. Kids aren’t getting their money, are already on campus, and have little recourse at that time.

Collectives are getting buyers remorse if they don’t look like instant stars as well.

It’s a dirty game y’all, keep ya mind on your riches. Keep ya mind on your riches.

Advertisement
Gator Twitter out chea typing up full on think pieces about "this is why UF can't get big recruits". It's been nuclear the last two days and very f'ing annoying. Saw NONE of these tweets type of when we got Rashada and Lagway, not one single tweet

That first post couldn't be more wrong about what NIL is supposed to be. It is supposed to have nothing to do with the school and instead allow the players to make money off their image and likeness.

More than that, but the reports of every player getting half a mil or more is silly.

It’s not just the money, either, it’s the structure of the deals being setup in a way to ***** these kids.

One thing Miami is doing right is setting them up like payroll and an expense, rather than a bunch of fans promising to pay out a certain amount on a certain date. Kids aren’t getting their money, are already on campus, and have little recourse at that time.

Collectives are getting buyers remorse if they don’t look like instant stars as well.

It’s a dirty game y’all, keep ya mind on your riches. Keep ya mind on your riches.
Also could be why so many kids are jumping in the portal especially from places like Texas A&M. Sold on one thing and never received it or received a lot less than the original promise.

Advertisement
Back