Tears Gator Tears

They do know he lives in Miami right? Are they sure they want him “staying home”??? This visit may be best for them

6D066D19-59EA-4AD2-B4B4-28648FACE8DC.jpeg

Advertisement
If we win 5 next year he will do the same. Results on the field good or bad won’t change his elite recruiting. Kids don’t care about that as much as fans. This class and numerous others around the country over the years had already dispelled that myth carried by the fans.
If they win 5 again next year it won’t matter because he’ll be fired. Results on the field are the ONLY thing that matters. You don’t get championship trophies for recruiting well. That said, he’d literally have to try to lose to go 5-7 again next year. Like he’d have to retain Gattis and hire Mark D’Onofrio to coach defense and switch to the triple option. You can’t suck forever brining in this much talent.

Advertisement
If they win 5 again next year it won’t matter because he’ll be fired. Results on the field are the ONLY thing that matters. You don’t get championship trophies for recruiting well. That said, he’d literally have to try to lose to go 5-7 again next year. Like he’d have to retain Gattis and hire Mark D’Onofrio to coach defense and switch to the triple option. You can’t suck forever brining in this much talent.
I was nodding my head in agreement as I read and then I thought about 8&4. Although our schedule is considerably easier.

I was nodding my head in agreement as I read and then I thought about 8&4. Although our schedule is considerably easier.
We don’t play in the SEC west so that helps. Also, our head coach isn’t a coordinator so he can make changes without firing himself.

A&M is the ultimate proof that you still have to be a good coach no matter how well you recruit. Jimbo has averaged between 7 and 8 wins a year there. That’s slightly better than Manny Diaz at Miami.

Last edited:
The problem i have with some of my fellow Gator fans is that they’re so focused on yall recruiting class that they aren’t appreciating our OWN current class and where we sit ya know? Have we missed on top kids? Sure, but being in the top 10 in recruiting (we sit at 11th, but you get my point) after a 6-6 regular season where our recruiting class has filled holes at positions we need (sans DT and LB which can be fixed in the portal) is nothing to sneeze about.

I've said in here plenty of times and i'll say it again, they need to stop worrying about Miami and **** UGA and be more concerned with how ON THE FIELD Kentucky now has our number and we now be in dog fights with the Missouri's, Vandy's, USCe of the SEC. All that "logo holds weight" talk ain't hitting where it matters the most....on the field.

The problem i have with some Gator fans is that they’re so focused on yall recruiting class that they aren’t appreciating our OWN current class and where we sit ya know? Have we missed on top kids? Sure, but being in the top 10 in recruiting (we sit at 11th, but you get my point) after a 6-6 regular season where our recruiting class has filled holes at positions we need (sans DT and LB which can be fixed in the portal) is nothing to sneeze about.

I've said in here plenty of times and i'll say it again, they need to stop worrying about Miami and **** UGA and be more concerned with how ON THE FIELD Kentucky now has our number and we now be in dog fights with the Missouri's, Vandy's, USCe of the SEC. All that "logo holds weight" talk ain't hitting where it matters the most....on the field.
Sir Miami is currently 4th after a 5-7 season

TrumpyCane thinks Mario playing checkers while Billy playing checkers

Advertisement
The problem i have with some Gator fans is that they’re so focused on yall recruiting class that they aren’t appreciating our OWN current class and where we sit ya know? Have we missed on top kids? Sure, but being in the top 10 in recruiting (we sit at 11th, but you get my point) after a 6-6 regular season where our recruiting class has filled holes at positions we need (sans DT and LB which can be fixed in the portal) is nothing to sneeze about.

its not a bad class at all but id think youd expect a little more from a guy that was brought in largely because of his recruiting acumen and it being a bump class and all, no?

its not a bad class at all but id think youd expect a little more from a guy that was brought in largely because of his recruiting acumen and it being a bump class and all, no?

I can def agree with that. I'm not saying i'm SATISFIED with the class, cause i'm not, but i'm also not going to treat it like this class doesn't have the potential to raise the floor talent wise for us. Plus, it'll be easier to reassess the class once NSD is over and we see how we get then (or lose for that matter, can't forget that lol).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back