Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Funny part is, most of the guys that make our class "top heavy" (read, 3*) are: 2 +athlete tight ends (they have 0 tight ends signed), an interior lineman that we flipped from them (hard to argue he's not a take, when he was, literally, a take), an unranked tackle (they have 1 3* tackle committed and whiffed on the 2 5*s we signed, so they were trying to flip our project), and a few heat-seeking missile linebackers (they have 2 lbs on the roster and just one fringe-4* committed). They could only wish they were as "unbalanced" as us.
The lower rated guys in our class are mostly interior linemen and blocking tight ends. The rankings go with the territory. You won’t see a ton of highly ranked projected guards because they’re not valued like tackles.

If you’re going to take 3 star guys, I like the idea of taking project linemen that might be a little raw but can be developed into quality players a few years down the line. It’s not like Miami is loading up on three star skill positions or defensive backs.

The lower rated guys in our class are mostly interior linemen and blocking tight ends. The rankings go with the territory. You won’t see a ton of highly ranked projected guards because they’re not valued like tackles.

If you’re going to take 3 star guys, I like the idea of taking project linemen that might be a little raw but can be developed into quality players a few years down the line. It’s not like Miami is loading up on three star skill positions or defensive backs.
Good point, couple that with Mario got the 5* OL studs, and is taking some projects based on potential that will hopefully be able to contribute in 3 or so years. Taking low ranked guys at positions where you already have high ranked guys in the boat is not nearly as worrisome.

They also fail to comprehend they have 13 kids ranked 200 +. They have 4 "4 stars" ranked higher than 300. Just recently (maybe last year or 2) did 247 add more 4*s well beyond the top 300.

We have only 12 kids ranked over 200 with 3 more commits.

Yes when you look solely at the * break down you see UM with 10 3* and UF with 18 4* but their argument is our lower ranked kids are better than your lower ranked kids so our class over yours.

Edit* just for fun I went to the calculators to test a theory, UF currently sits at 274 # 11 overall with 18 4* and they make fun of us for having 10 3*....Well if you drop Frankie, Kaleb Spencer, Marcellius, Emory, Jackson, Reid, Kinsler, AND horton we would STILL be ranked ahead of UF. Then we would have 3 5*/11 4* and 2 3* to the gator 0 5* /18 4* and 3 3* Now the class does not seem so "top heavy"

Last edited:
Nasty boys up there
1671217364928.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Funny part is, most of the guys that make our class "top heavy" (read, 3*) are: 2 +athlete tight ends (they have 0 tight ends signed), an interior lineman that we flipped from them (hard to argue he's not a take, when he was, literally, a take), an unranked tackle (they have 1 3* tackle committed and whiffed on the 2 5*s we signed, so they were trying to flip our project), and a few heat-seeking missile linebackers (they have 2 lbs on the roster and just one fringe-4* committed). They could only wish they were as "unbalanced" as us.
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

as I told my 10yr old this morning.. if Mario is doing this after our worst season in forever, imagine what he'll do when we start winning 10-12games..
If we win 5 next year he will do the same. Results on the field good or bad won’t change his elite recruiting. Kids don’t care about that as much as fans. This class and numerous others around the country over the years had already dispelled that myth carried by the fans.

Advertisement
If we win 5 next year he will do the same. Results on the field good or bad won’t change his elite recruiting. Kids don’t care about that as much as fans. This class and numerous others around the country over the years had already dispelled that myth carried by the fans.
Dwins you a real one but, nah you're crazy if you don't think this would be the number one class with a bullet if we won 10+ games and had an offense that put up points this years. I agree he's a phenomenal recruiter and has a very high floor but to say if he wins here at Miami with the resources he currently has he won't recruit a better class is just ridiculous in my opinion. Just look at our current situation with Innis and other 5 star WRs

Advertisement
Back