Tears Gator Tears

So Mario has a track record of being the best recruiter college football has seen in quite some time, but he gets no credit. Instead all the credit goes to NIL? 🥴

This and they seem to forget average recruiting rankings the last 7-8 years there is only a few spot difference between us lol like this isn’t new - what’s new is Mario isn’t stopping whereas Manny and Golden and Shannon stopped once the momentum stalled

Advertisement
How was everyone’s Halloween?

F717695A-0099-4373-AC3C-3CB1BDE3F5E6.gif

Advertisement
It was fine when they could pay guys under the table and take who they wanted from us. This is different though because this is legal so we can now compete on a level money field and that’s unfair.

It's crazy...after all the years that Florida was able to pay their recruits illicit money...suddenly it becomes legal and now they are angels who don't want to pay...

It's like a bootlegger who chose to give up drinking after Prohibition was repealed...

They have no idea what they're mad about. If Ruiz is simply outspending them, which everything in those posts alludes to, then we're both doing the same thing it's just one side is offering more. But somehow that's wrong and should be stopped?

I see $200M planned for athletic facility spending currently on the UF website. It seems to me that the players could give a s*** less about your facilities and much more about getting paid directly. The old model (facilities, college experience, etc) is not working anymore. We're in the "invest in the players" era and these schools are not set up for it.

I can tell you something with absolute certainty...

Miami's $140M athletic facility will ****E ON Florida's $200M athletic facility.

Bet on that.

Advertisement
It was fine when they could pay guys under the table and take who they wanted from us. This is different though because this is legal so we can now compete on a level money field and that’s unfair.
The best is when they say Ruiz is doing “pay for play” when he legitimately has them marketing his businesses while claiming that their “collective” is doing it the right way.

Advertisement
It's crazy...after all the years that Florida was able to pay their recruits illicit money...suddenly it becomes legal and now they are angels who don't want to pay...

It's like a bootlegger who chose to give up drinking after Prohibition was repealed...
American Crime Story Impeachment GIF by FX Networks

Advertisement
They got Nelson coming in next year right? Well hopefully that steers him away from USC to us lol

Yeah, if the kid wants zero competition in the QB room, Florida is the school. Otherwise, between 2022/2023 kids, virtually all major P5 schools have locked in their QB:

LSU
USC
Bama
Miami
Oregon
Michigan
ND
Texas
OU
Clemson
Tenn

I suppose you can also argue that ATM and UGA are still looking for their primetime QB in 2023/2024 classes. Heck, I think UGA won't sign a QB in a couple classes, IIRC.

Advertisement
Back