Tears Gator Tears

According to Alex Donno on Locked On Canes Podcast, one of his Gator Contacts are saying the Gator Staff is ****ED this happened. Got them completely off guard/ blindsided them. To the point they are considering to stop recruiting Mcclain until he signs on ESD.

If that is indeed true. Then Napier will fail big time. That pride will kill you. Talent acquisition is the name of the game.

Please, God, let Slingblade Billy's pride get the better of him...

Advertisement
Absolute truth. It will NEVER be the money that brings down a recruiting class (please note how many Gaytor fans continue to spout the nonsense that big NIL deals for Rashada and Cormani will be locker room poison), it will be bad scouting, bad character selection, and bad development that destroys a class.

I've never understood the nonsense that a highly-compensated individual will destroy the morale of the team. Look at the NFL, you have rosters made up of guys at the league minimum, and others pulling in $30M per year, and somehow they seem to handle their business. Oh, but if a college football player is a few years younger, they just lose their sanity in a fit of jealousy and rage? There's a complete difference between the way that college football players and NFL players handle pay disparity?

Bizarre.
At first my thought was if you gave me $1m when I was 18, it would not have wound up pretty. But plenty of people go into pro sports, invent something, music, make a boatload of money and stay focused and out of trouble. Plus, it isn't like Georgia, Bama, Texas, A&M, LSU, etc. haven't been paying ridiculous sums for years now. It's now just been blessed by the SCOTUS.

He can show everybody ... just stop recruiting and only take those that come knocking on his door.

Yeah, whatever happened to those guys who went to other schools, but were begging Slingblade Billy to come back to Hogtown? Like that freshman DL at LSU who sacked AR-15 a couple of weeks ago? He looked heartbroken to be making such a big defensive play against his beloved Gaytors...

At first my thought was if you gave me $1m when I was 18, it would not have wound up pretty. But plenty of people go into pro sports, invent something, music, make a boatload of money and stay focused and out of trouble. Plus, it isn't like Georgia, Bama, Texas, A&M, LSU, etc. haven't been paying ridiculous sums for years now. It's now just been blessed by the SCOTUS.

You are right, not everyone handles their money well. But I have to laugh when the Gaytors assume that the mere existence of wage disparity will turn everyone on the team into brain-eating zombies.

And, yes, the SEC has been paying a sliding scale for decades. Some players get more, some players get less, and yet it seems to work out well for those teams...

Advertisement
Absolute truth. It will NEVER be the money that brings down a recruiting class (please note how many Gaytor fans continue to spout the nonsense that big NIL deals for Rashada and Cormani will be locker room poison), it will be bad scouting, bad character selection, and bad development that destroys a class.

I've never understood the nonsense that a highly-compensated individual will destroy the morale of the team. Look at the NFL, you have rosters made up of guys at the league minimum, and others pulling in $30M per year, and somehow they seem to handle their business. Oh, but if a college football player is a few years younger, they just lose their sanity in a fit of jealousy and rage? There's a complete difference between the way that college football players and NFL players handle pay disparity?

Bizarre.

Look at Alabama and their quarterback. Not everybody gets the same salary at Alabama. Also, they are experts at managing a talented roster that’s paid high money, and I don’t mean since NIL either. Ever since Saban got there like whatever it was 15 years ago.

The point is, it can be done. It has been done. Georgia is another example. In fact, that’s the new paradigm with college football, you have to manage a roster with players getting paid big money.

Gata watching the Cormani commitment over and over.
7A3621A0-2CF8-4A68-8D58-923F0B3A0E99.gif

Advertisement

I don't know about this, but certainly a stinger...

"...McClain’s announcement is one of the worst losses by Florida on the trail in program history..."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back