Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Seriously? That’s Lake Powell (Glen Canyon Dam) the last time it was full. Which was over 20 years ago. It will be essentially empty within the next decade.
I was just there about a month ago so I've seen with my own eyes just how low it is.. that's the joke about a full pool picture must be a photoshop. I was also on the Colorado between Glen Canyon dam and the Hoover dam. I was amazed at how much water must have been moving through the river to create the current I saw in an area that was 30ft deep and a couple hundred yards wide. It was hard to reconcile the amount of water I saw moving feeding a lake that's emptying out.

lol I didn't even know they moved at night. Man, if you have thermal on your air rifle you take residential varmint plinking seriously.
I actually dont own an air rifle, thought about it though. Researched a bit, and you can basically spend anything you want on one.

lol I didn't even know they moved at night. Man, if you have thermal on your air rifle you take residential varmint plinking seriously.

I actually dont own an air rifle, thought about it though. Researched a bit, and you can basically spend anything you want on one.
If I become interested in survival gear, doomsday shelters and general animal nuisance elimination tactics and techniques - I’m putting my $ with Suhr for recommendations

Advertisement
The problem with raccoons is the rabies. You don’t want them getting used to being on your property.
I’m not particular cool with animals getting fckd up either. I wouldn’t let my dog go like that for kicks. But if their in my yard it’s game on.

4 ED visits for rabies shots is a pain in the ***. The total cost for the tetanus immunoglobulin and 4 vaccines can be up to 10k. Even with insurance your deductible is about to get maxed out cause of a raccoon

My daughter went through this because she tried to pick up a stray cat. It was a totally dumb move. I think with our insurance there was only so much that they could charge us, I’d have to look at the policy, but bottom line I think we only paid like a couple of hundred dollars out of pocket.

My daughter went through this because she tried to pick up a stray cat. It was a totally dumb move. I think with our insurance there was only so much that they could charge us, I’d have to look at the policy, but bottom line I think we only paid like a couple of hundred dollars out of pocket.
It’s the immunoglobulin that costs money. The vaccines themselves aren’t that much. But if they give the immunoglobulin it raises that price tremendously.

It’s the immunoglobulin that costs money. The vaccines themselves aren’t that much. But if they give the immunoglobulin it raises that price tremendously.

I don’t know if she got IG with it or not - is that what they usually do when you get a rabies shot? She’s a very healthy athletic young girl so would that have something to do with whether they give you the Ig or not? I wasn’t there for any of the shots, it was just mom.

Advertisement
I don’t know if she got IG with it or not - is that what they usually do when you get a rabies shot? She’s a very healthy athletic young girl so would that have something to do with whether they give you the Ig or not? I wasn’t there for any of the shots, it was just mom.
This is where it starts to get a little interesting. Here in the US most of the time we will do everything or nothing.
In Europe it’s a little different and depends on how deep or how bad the bite was and the animal that caused the injury.

Last edited:
Yeah you can.. but $200 is plenty for my small yard. I gotta be careful because the pellets will go thru my fence slats.

This is where it starts to get a little interesting. Here in the US most of the time we will do everything or nothing.
In Europe it’s a little different and depends on how deep or how bad the bite was and the animal that caused the injury.

Yeah I wasn’t there for the shots, I’ll have to ask if she actually got the IG or not. But it was not deep bite by a little wild kitty cat, it did break the skin though, so we thought it would be safer to get the rabies shots. No sense taking a chance like that, you just don’t know, and of course the animal got away.

Advertisement
Yeah I wasn’t there for the shots, I’ll have to ask if she actually got the IG or not. But it was not deep bite by a little wild kitty cat, it did break the skin though, so we thought it would be safer to get the rabies shots. No sense taking a chance like that, you just don’t know, and of course the animal got away.
It would surprise me if they did give IG because cat to human rabies transmission is exceedingly rare. But cat bites are very well known for nasty infections thanks in large part to their needle like teeth and the wound closing behind the bite.

Also to not veer off topic too badly F the gator and if Jaden goes there we didn’t want him anyways!

It would surprise me if they did give IG because cat to human rabies transmission is exceedingly rare. But cat bites are very well known for nasty infections thanks in large part to their needle like teeth and the wound closing behind the bite.

Also to not veer off topic too badly F the gator and if Jaden goes there we didn’t want him anyways!

I don’t want to get too far off topic here, but don’t you think maybe cat to human rabies is rare because human and feral cat interactions are extremely rare. But I’m no expert on the subject, I just think usually any wild animal bites especially certain species you automatically get rabies shot if they can’t find the animal.

You really can’t grab a hold of a feral cat, usually, and also a feral cat’s normal behavior is to always hide.

Advertisement
Anyone trying to grab/pet a feral cat,like trying to pet a wild dog or grab a wild horse is nuts….

Advertisement
Back