Tears Gator Tears

Hahahaha! This one really cracked me up. Kinda reminded me of a dumb version of some of us that used to wonder why the Rock wouldn't just build us a stadium. Invoking Collinsworth's name was extra hilarious.

View attachment 184144
That's quite a list. Mike and Maurkice probably lost a sizeable portion of their fortunes donating to the Aaron Hernandez defense fund. Percy? Who knows? But he did chokeslam a coach during practice while a student-athlete at the flagship - I know Urb was willing to forgive and forget, but maybe there are some bridges that were sufficiently scorched as a result of that incident.

And - we know what Mike Miller is doing. Trying to teach his pet Macaque how to ride a Great Dane like a horse. I don't know about anyone else, but to me, that sort of show would keep me planted in my seat during halftime of a Heat game. Total windfall if he can work out the kinks. I can only guess here, but work of that nature has to keep a man rather busy - too busy to donate to the gator guard, even.

Advertisement
I'm loving all of the overpayment comments...

There is no salary cap
There is essentially no market price set for any position given how new this is
There is no concrete reporting on what payers are being paid, only hearsay

Just a bunch of morons trying to cope with reality

Neither really make more sense. I think both are likely scenarios. Its not like owning a couple CFAs is some sort of massive success story that is that hard to believe.

so he basically is a store manager for one chick fil a. that's it.

we should find out which one, so we can do a drive-thru: "get me my spicy deluxe BEEEATCH!!!"

Advertisement
You haven’t talked about the best one on there. Miami is a lateral move from Maryland.

Yes. And Florida is a lateral move from Furman.

1651180834786.png
1651180871643.png

so he basically is a store manager for one chick fil a. that's it.

we should find out which one, so we can do a drive-thru: "get me my spicy deluxe BEEEATCH!!!"
He probable manages the one at 60 Inner Rd, Gainesville, FL 32611 and his cousins own the 2 that are 3 minute drives away. Only a Gaytor would buy 3 CFAs within walking distance from each other.

Advertisement
Exactly. OT but the reason I made the reference too is because I'm a long-suffering Pirates fan. Funny you mention the luxury tax because it recently came out (I think via a local newspaper up there) that the Pirates entire season expenditures are covered by ticket sales and concessions alone. So that luxury tax money, the revenue sharing, the tv money, etc all goes into the pocket of the hillbilly billionaire from West Virginia that owns the team.

But I digress. Back to the sweet sweet tears of the hillbilly poors of UiF!
Fellow long-suffering Pirates fan here, wanting eternal tears for Nutting and UiF

He probable manages the one at 60 Inner Rd, Gainesville, FL 32611 and his cousins own the 2 that are 3 minute drives away. Only a Gaytor would buy 3 CFAs within walking distance from each other.

The one in the Broward Complex is operated by Aramark, so I doubt he owns that one. But as a Gaytor, I'm sure he'd be dumb enough to try, though.

Advertisement
The one in the Broward Complex is operated by Aramark, so I doubt he owns that one. But as a Gaytor, I'm sure he'd be dumb enough to try, though.
I was only joking. I never been there, but looks like from the map and names they are all part of like UFs "food court" type thing. Like how we have Wendys at our food court near the rat.

I just found it hilarious that they have 3 of them right next to each other. I would love to know what moron set that up. At least at Miami it would take you a while to get from wendys on campus to the wendys near Red Rd. This is like Wendys putting one in the food court, one in hecht and one next to the frost school of music.

Advertisement
OK. Couple of things.

First, if "FLTom" is correct, than this goes COMPLETELY against what NovaGaytor said about having "proven high-level track record in recruiting". So which is it? On-the-job training...OR..."proven high-level track record in recruiting". Given the list I provided earlier, my vote is "on-the-job training" for everyone besides Corey Raymond.

Second, "he underestimated the impact of NIL on recruiting"? ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME? So, first of all, NIL became effective 10 months ago. As a FACTUAL matter, nobody had any idea of how it would work precisely. Some people had pretty good guesses, and some have adapted better than others. The bottom line is this - Gaypier did not walk into a world where other coaches had a 10-year headstart on him. Five months headstart? Sure, since I'm sure that Louisiana's NIL budget consisted of Popeye's coupons.

So, OK, Gaypier "underestimated" the impact of NIL on recruiting, in spite of the COUNTLESS articles that had been written about it...no, Gaypier trusts his own evaluations...but NOW (since FLTom tells us that Gaypier learned his lesson on National Signing Day)...NOW that it is nearly 3 months later (or 4+ if you count the December signing day), why is Gaypier still botching the Jackson recruitment by $175K (again, assuming that every Gaytor claim is true, cause I sure as **** can admit that I do not have certainty on the numbers)?

"Unless you have a billionaire in your hip pocket"? First, not all of the Miami NIL is coming from John Ruiz, he is just the loudest/proudest. Second, this runs counter to every claim the Gaytors have ever made. FOR DECADES, they have bragged about having a whole cadre of well-heeled boosters who can be wheeled out like Hannibal Lecter to dispense wisdom and money like they were candy. But...it doesn't seem to be true, now, does it? Because they are clearly envious that we have a "billionaire" who can do so, even though he is not a billionaire yet AND the LifeWallet money is currently coming from...wait for it, wait for it...LIFEWALLET. Not Ruiz's personal checkbook. A corporation.

So then FLTom says they have to BUILD the warchest, even though a few weeks ago they were telling us that Gaytor Guards was ready to go toe-to-toe with Alabama and Georgia, let alone that puny weakling Miami. Instead, we wake up to (internet) headlines that the Gaytors saved a lot of money on car insurance and NIL by not paying Harold Perkins and Trevonte Citizen and Darrell Jackson.

And they are still blaming Mullet. Mullet "did nothing" during the 4 months he was employed in the NIL Era. And maybe, just maybe, this is a reason to, you know, HIRE BETTER COACHES. Mullet got rejected TWICE by Miami. I may hate Beta Blake James for a lot of things, but I have to give him credit for not falling for Mullet's banana up our tailpipe. And maybe, just maybe, this is a reason to NOT hire a guy directly from G5 to pilot your Flagship Gaytor Brandz into the uncharted waters of the New NIL World. Maybe go out and hire a guy from Nike U who understands this stuff. Whoops, too late, we already did that.

So, yeah...more "blame Mullet/be patient with Gaypier" excuses. It was all just a big misunderstanding. All those "I'm rich, *****" Bull Gaytor alums were just sitting crooked atop their thicc wallets waiting on Dan Mullet to give them a call and tell them how many zeros he wanted in their checks. THAT'S IT. And even when Big D!ck Billy Gaypier finally picks up the phone, it's gonna take more than 4 months for the postal service to deliver those checks and the bank to credit the Gaytor account for all those deposits, checks take at least 10 business days to clear, ya know. Hogtown wasn't built in a day.

And let's not pretend that Darrell Jackson needed a Tennessee-sized McDonald's bag stuffed with money just to sign with the Gaytors. If NIL was so damned important to him, and the "claimed" numbers were so **** high, the Gaytors had a few months to search their couch cushions. But, no, they chose the fiscally-responsible route of frugality and left all that Perkins/Citizen/Jackson money in the bank.

Suuuure. And Naypier is learning on the job. And Mullet did nothing. And Gaytor Guard is patiently building that warchest.

Good lord, the crap you read on the Gaytor sites...

EDIT: To belatedly address your point on how Mario got this off the ground, here's his secret. He said words. And our alums and boosters wrote the checks. It's not complicated. Sure, it is nice to have a bell-cow booster who runs a company that is about to go public. But let's not pretend that all the deals that went to D'Eriq King and other UM players, IN 2021 ALONE, all came from John Ruiz.
Sh*t, the hate flows strong with you, and I dig that.

The thing that really baffles me is where did the money go? As you point out, it wasn't long ago they were bragging about having so much money and how poor we were. We know what changed for us, but what changed for them? Same for fsu, why are you guys so poor all of a sudden?

Advertisement
Back