Tears Gator Tears

For the sake of argument, and those as lazy as myself not wanting to do research, can someone break down the 178.82 vs 142.88 as so eloquently 1-sided BelleGator states above? How many recruits in those scores? How many avg. stars for said recruits?

I agree with @TheOriginalCane - stats are fun and games, but someone please put it in perspective for the rest of us.

I will take a crack. Spoiler, their mathz is wrong:

Billy was named HC Nov 28 and officially announced Dec 5.

Cristobal hired Dec 6.

Miami had a total of 6 decommits this class, only 2 decommitted after Mario: Medlock on Dec 6, #483 player, signed with utah and Ibertia Dec 14 #451 player signed with LSU (other decommits include Fegans (bama and the only 4* on this list) B. Cleveland (NC State); J. Johnson (UCF) and Quan Lee (UCF).

Mario signed Skinner (101), Moss (69), Kelly (88), and Citizen (107), 4 fringe top 100 players. He also signed Wes (182), Jaden Harris (541) , Moten (554), Cooper (1150) and McCoy (1249). I ran the calculation, 173.24, I assume maybe they did not count Wes who committed the day Mario came? Even then take him out it drops to 156. No clue how they got to 142.

Summary: Mario had 9 commits 5 4* and 4 3* and lost only 2 3*

Portal he got 5 players: Sagapolu, Moultrie, Parrish, Ladson and Lichtenstein, all ranked 3*,

UF had a total of 14 decommits. Gator Billy pushed out 4 top 300 players in Evers, Gibson, Gibbs and Chandler Smith, in addition EJ Lightsey (UGA) and Nolton (Syracuse) . (UF also had McCall, Bond, and Humphrey decommit prior to all were top 100 players)

Billy signed: 2-3 top 100 players: Shemar James, Kamari Wilson, (Maybe Chris McClellan? #112 player but says he committed 11/23 which is 5 days before Billy)

then mid 4* Devin Moore #262, Etienne (186),

Now comes a run of mid to lowwww 3*: Jack Pyburn (#441), Caleb Douglas (#470); Savaiinae (672) Mitchell (921); Williams (1214); Brown (1552); Smack (1842) Hansen (1850). Total WITH McClellan: 200, without 184....

Summary: Billy had 12-13 commits 1 5* 3 4* and 8 3* and lost 4 4* and 2 3*

Portal signed 5 players, 3 from the rajun cajuns (all 4* for transfer rating) 4* Kimber from UGA then 3, 3* jack miller ohio state.

Decommit Class Mario vs Billy: UF came in with a 116 vs UM with a 36.

Final: Mario 173 with 9 commits; Billy 184 with 12 commits or 200 with 13 commits.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know we’re calling him coach Gapier, and I also know this has been mentioned or referred to in another thread or maybe even this one, but the resemblance and mannerisms to sling blade are uncanny.

View attachment 176202

Tell me that coach Hillbilly Gaypier doesn’t look like sling blade, and act like him too.

When he was hired I went with the Slingbade pics in here, but also this:

image.png
image.jpeg
Billy Bob Thornton - The Greatest Funny Voice Performances In Movie History  - Zimbio

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 3
Advertisement
Returning Gaytor RBs:
---Nay'Quan Wright - 76 carries for 326 yards
---Five Star Bowman - 14 carries for 81 yards
---Five Star Lingard - 11 carries for 43 yards
Gaytor transfer RB:
---Montrell Jordan - 162 carries for 838 yards (this is how he did it...in the Sunbelt)

Returning Miami RBs:
---Jaylan THE ROOSTER Knighton - 145 carries for 561 yards IN ONLY EIGHT MOTHERFVCKIN GAMES
---Thad Franklin - 23 carries for 172 yards
---Cody Brown - 34 carries for 139 yards
---Don Chaney - 11 carries for 44 yards, injured early, out for the season, back in 2022 like Omicron
Miami transfer RB:
---Henry Parrish - 105 carries for 553 yards IN THE SEC-SEC-SEC

Now, somebody please tell me...which school would be more likely and/or "in position" to guarantee Tra'Vonte Citizen a starting job? And which school is more likely to need Tra'Vonte Citizen "like a pet rock"?
Bro! You have had a helluva day on the boards. Not just this thread. Some outstanding posts from you today brother.

single malt glass GIF

Their coach looks like north Florida meth junkie. Should fit in well with the rest of the fine folks in Gainesville.
Reminds me of our TE’s coach that I believe went to UGA. Can’t remember his name. He was a good recruiter. I honestly don’t believe him and I ever spoke 😳😂 I believe he was a CMR guy. Can anyone remember who I’m thinking of?

Advertisement
That might be the most delusional thing I have ever read. Gapier ran off several highly ranked recruits because he wanted to send his assistants out to measure how big their ****s were before confirming their offer. Mario held on to every one of the commits he wanted to, and most were already looking without officially decommitting. Just think if Shemar didn't have a handler and luli didn't get cold ******, I mean feet?

Advertisement
That might be the most delusional thing I have ever read. Gapier ran off several highly ranked recruits because he wanted to send his assistants out to measure how big their ****s were before confirming their offer. Mario held on to every one of the commits he wanted to, and most were already looking without officially decommitting. Just think if Shemar didn't have a handler and luli didn't get cold ******, I mean feet?
Napier literally did it to himself. He tried to set some kind of tone about existing commits and offers - and especially with gimme bonafied quality players - it seems that didn’t go over well and they told him to “hang it in his ***” to use their word choice.

How the fūck do you spin coming behind Vanderbilt in recruiting?

And that tweet was not from some random Twitter poster, that was from the official SEC network account. Good Lord.

Why, with some simple Gator Maths, amigo!

UF came in 13th in the SEC, Mario came in 15th in America. 13<15. Win!

Advertisement
Reminds me of our TE’s coach that I believe went to UGA. Can’t remember his name. He was a good recruiter. I honestly don’t believe him and I ever spoke 😳😂 I believe he was a CMR guy. Can anyone remember who I’m thinking of?
The Leg!

Oh my god, I am nearly breathless...allow me to TOC-recap this...

1. Gaypier has "crushed Cristobal" when you include transfers. Uhhh, Portal season lasts for another 6 months or so. How about we save the d!ck-measuring until Mario is done pulling the entire monster out of his pants. Hey, at one point, the Gaytors had a higher ranked recruiting class than Miami...BUT IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER.

2. "if you're feaked out about Cristobal's recruiting prowess, don't because Napier kicked his ****." HOW? As mentioned in #1 above, it's not over. Second, part of "recruiting" these days is maintaining your own players, which Miami has done thus far with both enrollees and "prior-coach-verbals". Oh, but let's isolate on just a fraction of the recruiting class, on an impossibly small sample size that will allow the Gaytors to declare a false victory. No discussion of how Gaypier's "recruits" are a larger pool than Mario's "recruits" because Gaypier ran off a bunch of blue-chippers that Mullet recruited. Yes, let's just turn that into a "Napier kicked his ****" myth. HILARIOUS.

3. Sorry, I just have to give some airtime to this one. Gaytors are BRAGGING about how they took "two other RBs" and "weren't in a position to promise Citizen a starting job" (implying, of course, that they MIGHT HAVE promised Citizen a starting job if if if only they didn't have so many great RBs). So let's dig deeper shall we? ONE of those "two RBs" that they "took" in "this cycle" is a 3-star (HS, and a 0.9000 as a transfer) transfer Montrell Jordan (this is how they do it) from LOUISIANA, where Gaypier came from. So they are bragging about some G5 transfer, as if that somehow gums up their depth chart (you know, the one that is just loaded with 5-stars like Five Star Lingard). OH, but wait a second, Miami ALSO took a transfer, a 4-star (HS, and a 0.8900 as a transfer) kid from Ole Miss (a P5 school). So, if anything, in this regard, UM and UiF are equal. And then, UiF "also" took a 4-star HS recruit in Etienne. YOU KNOW Etienne, the guy that Gaytors were bragging AS RECENTLY AS NATIONAL SIGNING DAY 24 HOURS AGO was going to HELP them land Citizen. So, yeah, it's the "Louisiana transfer" and the "high school kid that was going to help them land Citizen" that are the ONLY REASONS why the Gaytors are so RB-rich that they don't need Citizen and can't possibly offer Citizen a starting role, because they are "not in a position" to make that kind of a promise that they would have absolutely promised if only they were in a position to do so. EXHAUSTING.

4. Oh, and even though Citizen was a take TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AGO, you would have to "drop" the other two mentioned above. And there would be a "NUCLEAR BOMB" of bad publicity that "impacts future recruiting". HOW? Because they dropped a transfer from a P5 school? Because they would have to drop Etienne? And why would they have to drop Etienne, the guy they were saying TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AGO was going to help them land Citizen? Yeah, that "nuclear bomb" is a dud.

5. WTF is this "Gaypier literally gift wrapped" McCoy "by passing". Uh, sure, right. And Miami and Auburn "literally gift wrapped Pyburn" by, you know, ACTUALLY RECRUITING HIM. The Gaytors ignored Pyburn until the best school in Florida (obviously, Miami) started recruiting a double-legacy Gaytor kid from JACKSONVILLE out from under their noses.

6. "How are they gonna afford it"...and "I don't even think they can get anything done to compete with NIL let alone a new coaching staff"...AND YET WE ARE DOING IT. It's not 2014 or 1984 any longer. Miami has rich alums, and they want to put crystal footballs in our trophy case (I know it's no longer an actual crystal football). How are we gonna afford it? Don't you worry about that, babydoll (schtick borrowed from Inday with permission and a generous licensing fee). And for the millionth time, is Miami outspending everyone in the SEC, or is Miami "poverty"? Because it can't be both.

7. The Gaytors needed Citizen "about as much as a pet rock"? REALLY? Allow me to quote: "For Florida, the running back room will contain just three occupants going into 2022 with Demarkcus Bowman, NayQuan Wright and Lorenzo Lingard remaining for running backs coach Jabbar Juluke. As a result, Florida may look to target the transfer portal to bring in Louisiana-Lafayette star freshman Montrell Johnson, who entered his name into the portal Tuesday." Nayquan Wright had 76 carries for 326 yards. Five Star Bowman had 14 carries for 81 yards. And Five Star Lingard had 11 carries for 43 yards. To that, the Gaytors have added Montrell Jordan (this is how they do it) and a pure freshman Etienne. FOR THE RECORD, the three returning Gaytor RBs COMBINED had fewer carries and fewer yards than Jaylan THE ROOSTER Knighton, and Knighton was SUSPENDED FOR THE FIRST FOUR GAMES of our 12 game season. So in EIGHT games, the Rooster outperformed the entire Gaytor returning RB corps. Oh, yeah, the Gaytors "needed Citizen about as much as a pet rock". ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?!

8. "For all the talk about how great a recruiter Mario is he signed 1 kid out of Dade County who we passed on"? Are you ******* kidding me? The mighty Gaytor passed on Wesley Bissainthe? Give me a break. Sure, we signed 1 of our FOURTEEN high school kids from Dade...and two from Broward. Plus, 3 of our 5 CURRENT portal transfers are originally from Dade-Broward. And because the Gaytor is so desperate to point out that many of those HS recruits were "Manny recruits", maybe the blame for the low number of Dade-Broward kids...should go to MANNY, not Mario.

Good lord, I wish that we had a "live forum" where I could drop these truth-bombs (either written or oral) on some Gaytor heads in real-time.

I'd really "hang one in their a$$es" as Gaytor fans are so fond of saying.
Wait, their RB Coach is called Jabbar Juluke?

Surely that's a Star Wars character.

Advertisement
Back