Tears Gator Tears

Correct me if I'm wrong (because I might lose my sanity if I have to re-research the Gaytor board), but did "Que" ever EVER say that Miami "guaranteed him a starting role"? I saw that "Que" claimed that Citizen asked UiF whether he would be a starter, but I NEVER EVER saw it stated that Mario Cristobal promised Citizen that he would be a starter.
"He was promised the guaranteed starter at Miami. Billy was not making that promise." - 1QueJay88, February 2, 2022.

1643909895782.png

Advertisement
"He was promised the guaranteed starter at Miami. Billy was not making that promise." - 1QueJay88, February 2, 2022.

View attachment 176190

OK, fair enough.

It's still a falsehood. I know that no Gaytor will ever admit it, but Mario doesn't make those kinds of promises.

We can always revisit this at the beginning of the Bethune-Cookman game. But there is no way in **** that Mario promised Citizen that he would be the guaranteed starter over Rooster and Don. Unless, of course, Mario has already given those guys one-game suspensions.

Now, if he told the kid he has the edge over Thad and Cody, that would be a different story. That would likely be true.

OK, fair enough.

It's still a falsehood. I know that no Gaytor will ever admit it, but Mario doesn't make those kinds of promises.

We can always revisit this at the beginning of the Bethune-Cookman game. But there is no way in **** that Mario promised Citizen that he would be the guaranteed starter over Rooster and Don. Unless, of course, Mario has already given those guys one-game suspensions.

Now, if he told the kid he has the edge over Thad and Cody, that would be a different story.
It’s just stupid. And they look idiotic running with that. They’re just caping now because Billy got beat by Mario and they’re trying to justify their hire vs ours.

Advertisement
OK, fair enough.

Now, if he told the kid he has the edge over Thad and Cody, that would be a different story. That would likely be true.

I most definitely agree with you. There is an absolute 0 chance I believe Mario promised Citizen he'd be the "starting" running back this season.

I just thought it uproariously funny that their "insider" (the same one that went 1 for 5 and makes threats when someone calls him out for his clear garbage) got most of those idiots to lap up that particular lie like it was homemade ice cream.

I most definitely agree with you. There is an absolute 0 chance I believe Mario promised Citizen he'd be the "starting" running back this season.

I just thought it uproariously funny that their "insider" (the same one that went 1 for 5 and makes threats when someone calls him out for his clear garbage) got most of those idiots to lap up that particular lie like it was homemade ice cream.

Exactly.

Look, I hate the Gaytors more than just about anything in life (okay, okay, I hate *****, rape, and genocide more), but I'll be fair to QueJay, I just didn't recall him saying that, and I WONDER if it was something that was CLAIMED by Citizen when he spoke to Gaypier ("hey, UM is offering me a starting role, what are the Gaypier Gaytors offering?"), but was not actually promised BY MARIO.

Because, again, not to beat a dead horse, but there is no way in **** that Mario promised a starting position to Citizen. It's just not Mario, and it's just not 1980s-era Miami under either Schnellenberger or JJ. Impossible.

Advertisement

Can I be the first one to say it?

CRISTOBAL KICKED GAYPIER'S A$$ IN RETAINING THE PRIOR VERBAL COMMITS!

Look, these selective stats are all fun-and-games, and maybe they would mean something if neither coach had a prior track record.

But Mario has been KILLING IT in recruiting at a Power 5 school for the last decade, both as an assistant (Alabama) and as a Head Coach (Oregon). Gaypier has been at a G5 school, as well as the remora fish to Mario's shark at Alabama.

No comparison. Mario will DESTROY Gaypier this year, next year, and every year.

This is why I truly hate Gaytor fans.

In one breath, they yap about how the shallow Gaytor depth chart is so superior in offering playing time opportunities, and that a player will be "buried" on the depth chart at another school.

In the next breath, they act like they don't want players who desire promised starting roles and who don't want to compete for a first-string spot.

MAKES. NO. SENSE.

Advertisement
For the sake of argument, and those as lazy as myself not wanting to do research, can someone break down the 178.82 vs 142.88 as so eloquently 1-sided BelleGator states above? How many recruits in those scores? How many avg. stars for said recruits?

I agree with @TheOriginalCane - stats are fun and games, but someone please put it in perspective for the rest of us.

Advertisement
Yeah if Mario took 87 group of 5 recruits in a month’s time, I’m sure his score would be higher.

They also created a fallacy that indulges their dillusion, because fact is if they held on to Jayden Gibson, who wouldn’t count as a Gapier recruit under their rules because he was already committed, that would HURT the score they gave Gapier.

So Mario gets penalized for holding on to a class of only blue chips, while Gapier gets points for stealing a mid three star WR from TCU.

For the sake of argument, and those as lazy as myself not wanting to do research, can someone break down the 178.82 vs 142.88 as so eloquently 1-sided BelleGator states above? How many recruits in those scores? How many avg. stars for said recruits?

I agree with @TheOriginalCane - stats are fun and games, but someone please put it in perspective for the rest of us.
Peep my post above. We posted at same time.

Advertisement
Back