Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
Read the post above you. Haslem was a die hard canes fan before, during, and after his Florida career.
It’s true but there wasn’t twitter or instagram back then so unless you were from down here or knew UD’s people, it wasn’t blasted out for the whole world to see.

The best is all the DBU!!!! Idiots at ufag saying lsu ain’t **** and now they got Raymond and it’s “we got the best guy in the country. He made dbu”

Live look at gator and giants fans talking about underwhelming new OC HIRE Rob Sale (was giants OL)

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Nigel Barker No GIF by RTL

And canes fans looking at this incredibly epic fail of a staff by Napier

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Live look at gator and giants fans talking about underwhelming new OC HIRE Rob Sale (was giants OL)

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Nigel Barker No GIF by RTL

And canes fans looking at this incredibly epic fail of a staff by Napier

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Best offensive staff in college football? No? Why? Why not?

**** im not about to jump for joy over Sale. I’m not happy or mad, im just like “meh”.

Last edited:
**** im not about to jump for joy over Sale. I’m not happy or mad, im just like “meh”.

So just help me out here for a minute.

A few years ago, when Scott Frost was a candidate, one of the biggest hangups was that he was going to bring his "UCF/non-P5" coaching staff with him.

Now, not only does UF hire a G5 coach (and one with significantly less heat on him than when Urban was hired away from Utah), but he seems to be bringing and/or reuniting a G5 staff (and at significant salaries).

What has changed? Has the Mullet failure changed the equation? The Corey Raymond thing just fell into the Gaytors' laps (and Raymond approached UM before UiF, but was told that we were good with T-Rob, which I guess could backfire on us if he takes a DC job elsewhere), and there were a couple of recruits that broke your way, but aren't you getting (with Gaypier) exactly what Gaytor fans profess to hate, the G5 coaches with the G5 recruits?

And maybe things will turn around, but you have the (now) defending national champs in your division. It doesn't seem to be a very favorable comparison for recruits to make, if they put UGa and UiF side-by-side...

Advertisement
So just help me out here for a minute.

A few years ago, when Scott Frost was a candidate, one of the biggest hangups was that he was going to bring his "UCF/non-P5" coaching staff with him.

Now, not only does UF hire a G5 coach (and one with significantly less heat on him than when Urban was hired away from Utah), but he seems to be bringing and/or reuniting a G5 staff (and at significant salaries).

What has changed? Has the Mullet failure changed the equation? The Corey Raymond thing just fell into the Gaytors' laps (and Raymond approached UM before UiF, but was told that we were good with T-Rob, which I guess could backfire on us if he takes a DC job elsewhere), and there were a couple of recruits that broke your way, but aren't you getting (with Gaypier) exactly what Gaytor fans profess to hate, the G5 coaches with the G5 recruits?

And maybe things will turn around, but you have the (now) defending national champs in your division. It doesn't seem to be a very favorable comparison for recruits to make, if they put UGa and UiF side-by-side...

The difference is that we now have the administration behind us. Whether Mullen asked didn't get the financial support off the field that he wanted or it was available and he didn't care to go that extra mile and utilize it (and as time passes on, that seems to be more plausible), we now have a coach that has a detailed plan and the financial backing to put that into place. I'm not about to go deep into it, but CBN has done the little things so far that Mullen just didn't care to do and that's exciting to see. Take Kamari and Trevor Etienne as examples when it comes to recruiting; Kamari wanted to at least commit to UF last spring but goof ball didn't give him the green light because he said he had other safeties higher on his board. And then with Etienne, Etienne couldn't get in touch with the staff because, and they told him this, they felt they didn't have a good shot with him.

Will CBN work at UF or not obviously remains to be seen but he will have time to do it his way and we're fine with that. We've tried it 3 other ways since Meyer left and none of those ways got us to where we should/could be so CBN wanting to do it his way is fine by us.

The difference is that we now have the administration behind us. Whether Mullen asked didn't get the financial support off the field that he wanted or it was available and he didn't care to go that extra mile and utilize it (and as time passes on, that seems to be more plausible), we now have a coach that has a detailed plan and the financial backing to put that into place. I'm not about to go deep into it, but CBN has done the little things so far that Mullen just didn't care to do and that's exciting to see. Take Kamari and Trevor Etienne as examples when it comes to recruiting; Kamari wanted to at least commit to UF last spring but goof ball didn't give him the green light because he said he had other safeties higher on his board. And then with Etienne, Etienne couldn't get in touch with the staff because, and they told him this, they felt they didn't have a good shot with him.

Will CBN work at UF or not obviously remains to be seen but he will have time to do it his way and we're fine with that. We've tried it 3 other ways since Meyer left and none of those ways got us to where we should/could be so CBN wanting to do it his way is fine by us.

And you may well be correct, Gaypier may be doing things differently and better.

I still think it is amusing that Frost was unwanted by the fanbase because of his G5 taint. Maybe Frost would have done "the little things" too, but not many Gaytor fans wanted to give him a shot to prove it.

Advertisement
There wasn’t anything great that I’ve seen. One post said it all…

View attachment 171836

Let’s hope we land a stellar DC that tweaks them.

That Gaytor porster is lying when he said that they have nothing left to say to UGa fans...because he is clearly overlooking the "we almost beat Alabama" or "we lost to Alabama by fewer points than you did" or "we scared Alabama more than you did" smack talk...

Advertisement
Back