Tears Gator Tears

And there is the context I was missing. Thank you sir.

No problem, happy to help. I am not saying that he "should" or "should not" be offended by it, but there is a certain context for that phrase. I would be curious as to how the guy said "Otis, my man", because if he said it as a movie quote, then it would be very relevant as to the interpretation.

And anyone who reads my posts knows I love to quote movies and TV shows. But I don't do it as much around co-workers.

Advertisement
No problem, happy to help. I am not saying that he "should" or "should not" be offended by it, but there is a certain context for that phrase. I would be curious as to how the guy said "Otis, my man", because if he said it as a movie quote, then it would be very relevant as to the interpretation.

And anyone who reads my posts knows I love to quote movies and TV shows. But I don't do it as much around co-workers.
For sure, context means everything. On it's own that phrase is about as harmless as can be on the surface, but it being used in a movie with racial undertones makes significantly more sense as to why someone would be offended by it.

For sure, context means everything. On it's own that phrase is about as harmless as can be on the surface, but it being used in a movie with racial undertones makes significantly more sense as to why someone would be offended by it.

Yes. Many years ago, in a job environment, I attempted to use (and then explain) the "*** in an extremely uncomfortable place/back of a Volkswagen" recurring joke from Mallrats. It did not go well. I have learned from my mistakes.

Advertisement
So Emory Jones, who is in the transfer portal, is going to play for UF tonight against UCF. Emory Jones is also considering transferring to UCF. :p

How pathetic is UF that they are allowing a kid who is abandoning them to wear the uniform tonight?

Rhetorical question of course.
I don't think they have a choice, Richardson is out i believe

Frustrated World Cup GIF

You just hate to see it.

Advertisement
So Emory Jones, who is in the transfer portal, is going to play for UF tonight against UCF. Emory Jones is also considering transferring to UCF. :p

How pathetic is UF that they are allowing a kid who is abandoning them to wear the uniform tonight?

Rhetorical question of course.
@Cryptical Envelopment Jacob Copeland is in the portal also and playing. strange

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back