Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
The article is boring but a couple interesting comments. @Dwinstitles , if this was our WR coach and these were the comments, I don’t think you’d be thrilled.

I've said this before, but Bob Redman is one of the worst writers I've ever read. Ever.

"Now about as far East from USC as he can get, Colbert will look to bring his style of coaching and recruiting to this side of the continental U.S. Here is the thing, get the best on campus and he will not only finish the deal to get them in Gainesville, but once they are here it’s almost impossible for them not to excel."

What in the actual fvck? In the last 9 years, the Gaytors have had two 4-win seasons and one 6-win season, after years of getting the "best" on campus. So it seems incredibly POSSIBLE "for them not to excel".

"Colbert’s background as an athlete and a coach make it a no-brainer as a teacher of young men."

Yeah, a no-brainer. Like the author of the article.

"Here is what his bio says about the three years of coaching receivers at USC."

You have to give Redman credit, he really knows how to cut-and-paste. I mean, not as well as I can, but still.

“In terms of that guy that is going to DM them every day and send all the graphics and constantly show them all that kind of love, that’s not really what he’s about. USC always had a decent support staff who picked up the slack in terms of the day-to-day texting and DMing and he was always good at closing. Like I said, he was always good in the home and good on the campus visits. He’s not going to be necessarily that guy who is going to grind every day at it. At least he wasn’t that way the last two years.”

FANTASTIC. This is what the Gaytors need. A non-grinder.

"He’s very smart and speaks well so he’ll impress the mom."

LL..Cool K?

"After Colbert grabs their attention, he’s able to take their attention and turn that into a teacher - student relationship, further reeling them in."

Isn't this how every student-teacher **** starts?

"He’s going to be afforded every opportunity to get in front of big time talent at Florida with the support staff that Napier is bringing in. It appears that he’s a guy that can close the deal on top talent when that happens."

Helluva conclusion, Bobby. Very convincing.

Omg he's a jag coach u can tell already they are trying to talk themselves into it
This is a favorite comment from that WR coach thread. If Billy Gator hired him he has to be good. Quite the shift from when they wanted to run him out of town after he ran most of their class off wanting workout tape first.
Capture.PNG

Advertisement
This is a favorite comment from that WR coach thread. If Billy Gator hired him he has to be good. Quite the shift from when they wanted to run him out of town after he ran most of their class off wanting workout tape first.
View attachment 169033

This one too:

"My buddy is a big USC fan and follows recruiting just as much as most of us do. He told me he's a great coach, but isn't a good recruiter. He said most of the wr's landed were either landed by Tee martin or another staffer that he named and I'm forgetting."

I've said this before, but Bob Redman is one of the worst writers I've ever read. Ever.

"Now about as far East from USC as he can get, Colbert will look to bring his style of coaching and recruiting to this side of the continental U.S. Here is the thing, get the best on campus and he will not only finish the deal to get them in Gainesville, but once they are here it’s almost impossible for them not to excel."

What in the actual fvck? In the last 9 years, the Gaytors have had two 4-win seasons and one 6-win season, after years of getting the "best" on campus. So it seems incredibly POSSIBLE "for them not to excel".

"Colbert’s background as an athlete and a coach make it a no-brainer as a teacher of young men."

Yeah, a no-brainer. Like the author of the article.

"Here is what his bio says about the three years of coaching receivers at USC."

You have to give Redman credit, he really knows how to cut-and-paste. I mean, not as well as I can, but still.

“In terms of that guy that is going to DM them every day and send all the graphics and constantly show them all that kind of love, that’s not really what he’s about. USC always had a decent support staff who picked up the slack in terms of the day-to-day texting and DMing and he was always good at closing. Like I said, he was always good in the home and good on the campus visits. He’s not going to be necessarily that guy who is going to grind every day at it. At least he wasn’t that way the last two years.”

FANTASTIC. This is what the Gaytors need. A non-grinder.

"He’s very smart and speaks well so he’ll impress the mom."

LL..Cool K?

"After Colbert grabs their attention, he’s able to take their attention and turn that into a teacher - student relationship, further reeling them in."

Isn't this how every student-teacher **** starts?

"He’s going to be afforded every opportunity to get in front of big time talent at Florida with the support staff that Napier is bringing in. It appears that he’s a guy that can close the deal on top talent when that happens."

Helluva conclusion, Bobby. Very convincing.
I started but I just couldn’t read his drivel. I went to the comments.

Advertisement
Was just reading about that and couldn't be happier that it's happening to the Gators who we've known were a bunch of racists for years anyways.

Actually read the article though and was expecting it to be a lot worse than what it was. He said a coach referred to him as "Otis, my man" and he found that racially insensitive? Calling the guy Gorilla is obviously unacceptable but "My man"? 🤷‍♂️

Was just reading about that and couldn't be happier that it's happening to the Gators who we've known were a bunch of racists for years anyways.

Actually read the article though and was expecting it to be a lot worse than what it was. He said a coach referred to him as "Otis, my man" and he found that racially insensitive? Calling the guy Gorilla is obviously unacceptable but "My man"? 🤷‍♂️
A whole lot of little things that might seem harmless indivually can equal a big thing lumped together. And that's what any good attorney would attempt to do to win for their client.

Advertisement
A whole lot of little things that might seem harmless indivually can equal a big thing lumped together. And that's what any good attorney would attempt to do to win for their client.
Yea if they can establish a history or pattern of the behavior then that will surely help the case. I just hope they have better examples of racism than that when they bring it to court.

Advertisement

Have you seen Animal House? The scene where the white fraternity brothers go into a black club (it was the 1960s) and act overly familiar with the bandleader? There is a reason why that particular phrasing could come across as problematic.

Advertisement
Back