Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
It's not that trask isn't a good qb, its just the way that fan base acts.
Yeah, we all thought he was good last year, way better than Franks. We had discussions in here questioning Mullet’s judgement for certain as to how he had Trask over Franks, but it’s the comments. I mean the words and attitude is we have the 3rd best QB in the country with Mullet the Whisperer and the top 2 in the SEC SEC SEC.

Last edited:
Yeah, we all thought he was good last year, way better than Franks We had discussions in here questioning Mullet’s judgement for certain as to how he had Trask over Franks, but it’s the comments. I mean the words and attitude is we have the 3rd best QB in the country with Mullet the Whisperer and the top 2 in the SEC SEC SEC.
Yup.

Advertisement
One of those idiots said Emory Jones is the 2nd best in the SEC? A guy who comes in 5 times a game to run is the second best in the conference ?

Of course, completely ridiculous, but I will say the SEC is going to have a lot of turnover at QB this year.

Burrow gone, Tua gone, Bowden gone, Fromm gone, Kelly Bryant gone.

And the kids that are coming back have a lot to prove. Hilinski wasn't great as a freshman, Jaime Newman isn't a sure thing at UGA, Mac Jones didn't show he was Tua in his action last year (not that many are), Guarantano stinks, Kellen Mond is insanely overrated, Bo Nix had plenty of ups and downs, although he was a true freshman.....I have no issues with people thinking Trask might be the best QB in the SEC. All that I mentioned above, plus we all know Mullen gets production from that position and he was pretty good last year (2nd in the conference in rating and completion % behind Burrow, 3rd in YPA, a 25/7 TD to INT ratio). Kid isn't bad, as much as we want him to be. I said several times that Franks getting hurt was the best thing that ever happened to the gator last year. They go 8-4 with him, at best.

Advertisement
Of course, completely ridiculous, but I will say the SEC is going to have a lot of turnover at QB this year.

And the kids that are coming back have a lot to prove. Hilinski wasn't great as a freshman, Jaime Newman isn't a sure thing at UGA, Mac Jones didn't show he was Tua in his action last year (not that many are), Guarantano stinks, Kellen Mond is insanely overrated, Bo Nix had plenty of ups and downs, although he was a true freshman.....I have no issues with people thinking Trask might be the best QB in the SEC. All that I mentioned above, plus we all know Mullen gets production from that position and he was pretty good last year (2nd in the conference in rating and completion % behind Burrow, 3rd in YPA, a 25/7 TD to INT ratio). Kid isn't bad, as much as we want him to be. I said several times that Franks getting hurt was the best thing that ever happened to the gator last year. They go 8-4 with him, at best.

Given what has happened to Spring practice, and that only very few clearly dominant rosters return, 8-4 looks like the theme of P5 football next year.

I think a sneaky pick in the SEC is the kid at Miss St.

Advertisement
You could make a case for Trash being the top returning QB in the SEC but it's pretty much because all the good quarterbacks from last year left. It's not exactly like the SEC is full of proven QBs in 2020.

Exactly.

It's one of those "tallest midget" situations.

Trash went 8-2 in 10 starts. Certainly, he looked good in that window.

And all the best SEC QBs from last year were just drafted (or exhausted their eligibility).

But somehow, the Gaytor fans have turned those stats into "best QB in the SEC". And while it is POSSIBLE that Trash will emerge as the best QB in the east, it is equally (or more) likely that a first-year starter will out-perform Trash next year. Or maybe the second-best QB in the SEC (Emory Jones) will outplay the best QB in the SEC (Kyle Trash).

It's one thing to have confidence in your QB. It's another thing to get ****y with sportswriters for "not ranking your guy high enough", or getting dismissive of others by acting as if there is no argument to be made.

Exactly.

It's one of those "tallest midget" situations.

Trash went 8-2 in 10 starts. Certainly, he looked good in that window.

And all the best SEC QBs from last year were just drafted (or exhausted their eligibility).

But somehow, the Gaytor fans have turned those stats into "best QB in the SEC". And while it is POSSIBLE that Trash will emerge as the best QB in the east, it is equally (or more) likely that a first-year starter will out-perform Trash next year. Or maybe the second-best QB in the SEC (Emory Jones) will outplay the best QB in the SEC (Kyle Trash).

It's one thing to have confidence in your QB. It's another thing to get ****y with sportswriters for "not ranking your guy high enough", or getting dismissive of others by acting as if there is no argument to be made.

A human being literally can not despise anything more than I despise the gator. It’s honestly not possible. I want ALL of them to die.

But y’all really are some sorry *** fans. I can’t even imagine how ridiculous this board would be if we had a kid coming back this year like Trask. Everyone on this board would be talking Heisman trophy. You can hate the **** program, even hate the kid and his whole family and wish ill will on all of them, but at least have some respectable objectivity. Especially when every post on here is about how delusional they are.

Advertisement
A human being literally can not despise anything more than I despise the gator. It’s honestly not possible. I want ALL of them to die.

But y’all really are some sorry *** fans. I can’t even imagine how ridiculous this board would be if we had a kid coming back this year like Trask. Everyone on this board would be talking Heisman trophy. You can hate the **** program, even hate the kid and his whole family and wish ill will on all of them, but at least have some respectable objectivity. Especially when every post on here is about how delusional they are.

In my entire lifetime, I have never talked "Heisman Trophy" for a UM quarterback after 10 starts.

Besides, you miss the point. The Gaytors were talking Heisman for Franks, then he got hurt, and they immediately pivoted to talking Heisman for Trash.

Stop calling us "sorry *** fans". Again, I've made it clear, I have no problems with the Gaytors being confident/happy/excited about their current QB or their "QB room", but the arrogance that allows them to ALWAYS think that their players are the absolute best in the country (despite evidence to the contrary) is ridiculous.

Nobody is criticizing Trash, directly. We are criticizing the Gaytor fans for acting like he is so "clearly" better than every other QB in the SEC (and almost every other QB in the nation).

I'm objective. I said that Trash may turn out to be the best QB in the SEC. But I'm not acting as if he is OBVIOUSLY the best, simply because he went 8-2 in his 10 starts.

It doesn't matter how delusional we are. Go start a canes tears thread. This thread is about one thing, and one thing only. Making fun of gators fans and players for anything they do or say.

Advertisement
Back