Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, unless you live in Atlanta and are surrounded by them. There was a fellow who worked at my first job, he looked like a portly Harry Potter. He loved him some Dawgs. Except when he would get really fired up, he would develop a bit of a nervous tick and stutter. This was back in 2010 towards the end of the Richt era in Athens. Mondays in the fall were always very entertaining listening to this guy go apoplectic, in disbelief about how his Dawgs blew it again, cranking that nervous tick and stutter up to 11. I started bringing in donuts to help set the mood for myself as I listened. This guy was also why I was livid when we hired Richt.

Anyhow, I respect their deep rooted hatred of UF but they can GFY.

Edit - I am also thrilled the page has turned on last season, we are again winning the off-season and we can bring this thread back to its rightful place on CIS.

I didn’t think there was any way and I didn’t even follow his recruitment. It seems that he was quiet about it. Did he troll them or did they troll themselves? He had the hats on the table but didn’t play around, he just picked up our hat.

Combo platter.

He was definitely quiet, he never really gave out crazy quotes.

But the Gaytor fans also trolled themselves, by combining "proximity" with "Lingard" with "he got kids to feed". It was those three reasons that CONVINCED them that UF was a certainty, even though there were never any quotes from Avantae that confirmed any of those three reasons as being critical to his decision.

And when you read that "inside the Gaytors war room" article, you can see that ANYONE can now say "oh, it was obvious that he wasn't picking UF because of this reason or that reason", but the reality is that the UF coaches WERE surprised, the tone in the war room DID change, and that they DID believe their chances were 99%, not 49% or any other probability.

And if the Gaytor CORCHES thought it was a near certainty, then you KNOW that the Gaytor fans thought so too.

I know that some fans are fond of thinking that the "indecision" that recruits struggle with is "to build drama", but I don't always think that's the case. Sometimes you don't want to give bad news to someone too early because you don't want them to come back and make more counter-arguments or counter-offers that you have to turn down all over again. It happens a lot "in the real world" with multiple job offers, or if you are trying to leave a bad job on good terms and you just don't want them to offer you more to stay.

If I had to put money on it, I would think that the combo of Avantae's last few days of radio-silence, along with his relatively drama-free recruitment, would mean that he knew where he was going, but he didn't want UF or UGa or Oregon trying to pressure him down to the wire.

But, hey, the Gaytors can post pictures of Publix cakes. Surely, that means that Avantae changed his mind 5 minutes before the press conference, regardless of what he told Ivins the day before.

Publix cakes >>> Actual words

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200206-124552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

I love that they say "he told Ratliff everything was good at 10 am".

NOPE.

He did not tell Ratliff "I'm signing with UF, I'm coming to UF".

But somehow the Gaytor fans SWEAR that this constitutes some sort of secret and silent commit. In reality, AVANTAE HAD ALREADY SIGNED THE MIAMI LOI. He signed with Miami before 10 am, and even the Gaytors War Room article evidences that Mullet (retroactively) was worried because UF did NOT have a signed LOI before the announcement.

Just because Avantae was polite to Ratliff at 10 am does not constitute a silent commit, nor does it constitute a "last minute change of heart" for him to come to Miami.

Avantae told Ivins he was coming to UM BEFORE Signing Day. Avantae signed the Miami LOI in advance of the announcement. Any niceties that he shared with Ratliff were based on cordiality and have either been misinterpreted or exaggerated by Gaytor coaches and fans.

This is ridiculous. Those Gaytor morons are tranforming an "all good" polite phone call and a Publix sheet cake into some sort of enormous conspiracy involving last minute bag-drops and sudden changes of heart.

Didn't happen that way. Sorry, Gaytor fans, you didn't get "trolled". Avantae had already decided, and clearly he just wanted to avoid the last minute "what can we do to change your mind" conversation.

Advertisement
Back