Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I’m actually worried about it, not only how I am going to be able to collect a good amount of the tears, but more so, how am I going to manage to take care of my necessities in life, like doing my job at work, with all of the fallout we anticipate.

I think for the good of the group, collecting tears and sharing should be a group effort, if possible.

Just a reminder that the Gaytors (especially Carlos Alvarez) are scumbags.

Gaytor Flop, Uif at UM in the old Orange Bowl, 1971, Gaytors winning 45-8 when they pulled the infamous Gaytor Flop:

CARLOS ALVAREZ, former Florida receiver:"Our focus was to win, not on the record. I went to high school in Miami, and I didn't want to lose in the Orange Bowl. As I recall, the yardage John needed was in the mid-300s, so we didn't necessarily think that was possible. Not because of John, who was quite capable of doing that, but because we had become a much more run-oriented team. I was aware of the crowd yelling, 'Let them score!' but I didn't think that was going to happen.

CHUCK FOREMAN, former Miami running back: "I wasn't even aware of John Reaves' record. You say people were yelling 'Let them score'? I never heard that.

CARLOS ALVAREZ: "The only criticism that should come out of that game should be leveled at Miami, because they weren't trying to score. They were trying to keep the record away from John. So they're the ones who threw down the gauntlet, saying, 'You're not gonna get the record, and we don't care if we lose.' They basically gave up on the game, just to keep John Reaves from setting the record in the Orange Bowl. That's not the way you play the game."

CHUCK FOREMAN:
"Running out the clock? I think that's total crap. That never entered my mind. I was there playing football. They're shootin' you a bunch of B.S."

CARLOS ALVAREZ: "I saw the play, and it was amazing. It was like all the defensive players fell down in slow motion. And once the Miami players saw what was happening, they moved in slow motion, too. It was surreal."

CARLOS ALVAREZ: "I'd been open most of the night. I'd caught five passes and had a couple of deep routes where Miami was called for pass interference. If not for those penalties, if I hadn't been interfered with, we probably would have broken the record already by that point. So I figured we'd get it."

CARLOS ALVAREZ: "Afterward, Fran Curci just went ballistic. And all I could think of was -- probably not in these words -- lighten up. It's college football. It wasn't done to malign or embarrass him or the Miami players. He just took it so personally, and to this day I don't understand it. And like I said, Miami hadn't been trying to score. That's the real shame of the game."

CHUCK FOREMAN: "As far as my whole football career is concerned, that was the most humiliating, low-down thing that's ever happened. And from that point on, I never respected the University of Florida, its program or its players.

Carlos Alvarez practices law in Tallahassee, Fla.

Carlos Alvarez is the epitome of a scumbag Gaytor.

Keep a few things in mind about Carlos Alvarez, and what a liar he is. First, he claims that the Orange Bowl crowd was cheering for John Reaves to get the record by chanting "Let Them Score!". Second, Miami intercepted the ball and returned it to the Gaytor 23 with just two minutes remaining in the game. Third, the Gaytors like to claim that "if not for Harvin Clark's punt return, they would have been able to break the record."

However, after Clark's punt return, the Gaytors GOT THE BALL BACK, which is exactly how Reaves threw the interception that Miami took back down to the Gaytor 23.

Furthermore, when the Gaytor Flop happened, Miami had made it to the Gaytor 8. We were sitting on second and 7. That means we went from the Gaytor 23 to the Gaytor 11 in what, THREE PLAYS MAX? And then we ran on first down? So we used up AT MOST 4 plays inside of the red zone. And the Gaytors called 3 timeouts.

So THIS is what Carlos Alvarez uses to justify his lies about Miami "not even trying to score" and "giving up the game". Miami had the ball inside the Gaytor 25, under 3 minutes, and down by 37 points. Carlos Alvarez would have you believe that Miami should have been throwing the ball in that situation.

Not only that, but former Orlando Sentinel reporter Chris Harry AND CURRENT SENIOR WRITER FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA WEBSITE GATORZONE.COM states that it was Gaytor defensive captain Harvin Clark who led the "let them score" chant: "“Let 'em score!” shouted Clark, the senior cornerback, who led the lobbying efforts of UF coach Doug ****ey".

The Gaytor Flop is widely considered the most unsportsmanlike play in the history of college football, and Carlos Alvarez is proud of the play, says it was "amazing", and lies to blame Miami for actually playing the game the way it is supposed to be played (running the ball in the fourth quarter when down by a 45-8 score). Watch the sports reporter sum it all up at the end of this video.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just so I'm clear prior to getting another cup of coffee.

UF does not have depth at OL and may be missing a starting RT.

They have no depth at CB and Wilson is coming off an ACL.

If Stewart does not play they have no depth at Safety.

If Conliffe and Slaton don't play coupled with a potentially injured Campbell playing at half strength they have no nose tackle depth.

Vegas has them as 8 point favorites?

UF fans think they beat us by 35 minimum?

What am I missing here honestly. I've watched a lot of football in my time. I've never seen something like this before. Is it the history of 15 years of **** performance (all things relative)? Is it our inexperience at the QB position (regardless of who it was including perry)? Is it the ending to last year for UF juxtaposed to our own? Manny Diaz's first game (although I argue with anyone he is a "1st year HC" considering 50% of the roster 100% has his mindset)?

I look at that UF team and for the life of me I can't sit here and go "wow THAT KID is dangerous/gamebreaker". They do not have a Percy Harvin type. Now I'm not saying we roll them. I'm just not seeing this crystal clear disparity. Someone help me here. Am I losing it? I really don't think so.

You forgot two key factors:

Mullen is an elite coach and;
Franks will win the Heisman

Just so I'm clear prior to getting another cup of coffee.

UF does not have depth at OL and may be missing a starting RT.

They have no depth at CB and Wilson is coming off an ACL.

If Stewart does not play they have no depth at Safety.

If Conliffe and Slaton don't play coupled with a potentially injured Campbell playing at half strength they have no nose tackle depth.

Vegas has them as 8 point favorites?

UF fans think they beat us by 35 minimum?

What am I missing here honestly. I've watched a lot of football in my time. I've never seen something like this before. Is it the history of 15 years of **** performance (all things relative)? Is it our inexperience at the QB position (regardless of who it was including perry)? Is it the ending to last year for UF juxtaposed to our own? Manny Diaz's first game (although I argue with anyone he is a "1st year HC" considering 50% of the roster 100% has his mindset)?

I look at that UF team and for the life of me I can't sit here and go "wow THAT KID is dangerous/gamebreaker". They do not have a Percy Harvin type. Now I'm not saying we roll them. I'm just not seeing this crystal clear disparity. Someone help me here. Am I losing it? I really don't think so.

why wouldn't Conliffe and Slaton play?

The true Gaytor Flipz Machine is the one that flips UF signees to various JuCos around the country.

Ken - can you explain to me how the initial counter rules factor in when a kid either leaves shortly after enrolling (Steele for UF) or the kid ends up not being able to qualify academically? Does UF get to fill those spots with early enrollees next year counting towards the 2019 class?

Advertisement
Ken - can you explain to me how the initial counter rules factor in when a kid either leaves shortly after enrolling (Steele for UF) or the kid ends up not being able to qualify academically? Does UF get to fill those spots with early enrollees next year counting towards the 2019 class?

First, every kid who enrolls has to be counted as an initial counter. So Chris Steele and Jalon Jones, who enrolled early, had to count towards either the 2018 year or the 2019 year. If Florida had some leftover spots from 2018, they COULD HAVE "counted back". However, I previously mentioned that while the Gaytor signing class from 2018 had 18 kids, they also had several transfers. More importantly, if some Gaytor fans mistakenly believe that there is a "just one semester" loophole, whereby Chris Steele and Jalon Jones "don't count" because they didn't make it to Fall 2019, they are mistaken.

Second, the rule on "not qualifying academically" was recently changed by the NCAA. In the "old days" of 2 years ago, it was possible to sign a kid in February, and if he didn't qualify academically, you could "save" that IC slot, because the kid never enrolled. So the possibility that 4 academic non-qualifiers could be converted into "four more spots" for the next year USED TO EXIST. Now, however, the NCAA says that academic non-qualifiers STILL count as ICs, even though they technically never enroll (unlike Chris Steele and Jalon Jones).

So if the Gaytors' 2019 recruiting class included 2 enrollees who transfer out, and they lose 4 academic non-qualifiers, then they have blown 6 IC slots out of the 25 allowed.

It is POSSIBLE that the Gaytors had 2 or 3 remaining spots from 2018 (even after factoring in transfers) but the crack pipe dream that the Gaytors can sign more than 30 recruits in 2020 is just insane. It's not true. Maybe they could take 27 or 28, and if so, then they will have 0 spots to "count back" in the future. You don't get to sit there in 2020 and count back signees to 2015. It doesn't work that way.

Advertisement
2D7921B3-A9DE-4E7D-9922-E75C84280FDF.jpeg
CF63DCCC-2B38-43A3-B10C-8A1438D7D1D0.jpeg
EA69E3B3-FDFC-40B3-8712-21A889D9956D.jpeg
22A97616-A536-45F0-BB23-8C7F750A5721.png
B01DB1EF-23AC-4376-A55C-10DC631AAE5D.jpeg
9FB7E1D2-53F0-40F3-8D41-C2B1C63091E6.jpeg
B58C80FB-916C-4E6D-9A39-7362C623140F.jpeg
AD24ADEF-8E71-4F2E-86C7-6FC2928CF603.png

Advertisement
I hate to derail the tears but this whole racist racist racist mentality bothers me to no end. Last I checked "football players" are not a race. Just because most football players are African American does not mean they don't belong academically because they are black. It is a slight on a group of people, not a race of people. I wish the media would learn the difference too.

NOW BACK TO THE TEARS. FUUCK THEE FLORIDA GAYTORS.

Advertisement
Back