Tears Gator Tears

Jesus #%*$ing Christ. They get one 5 star transfer who UGA KICKED OFF THE TEAM and they’re already talking about hiring Kirby after he gets fired. The **** logicz know no bounds.
View attachment 92753
Wow at the comment “though can’t seem to keep the kids he recruits” that’s real rich coming from the gaytor! How many kids did they lose off the last recruiting class btw? Lol

Advertisement
OK, for the last 8 months, Gaytor fans have mocked us for going to the portal for EIGHT guys (and if Trevon Grimes' waiver application is to be believed, Mark Richt didn't take transfers). Once they get Kelvin Joseph, they will have SEVEN players on their roster who transferred there in the last 2 years (though I don't know if they should count Lucas Krull, a JuCo, but one of their fans lists him above as one of their success stories, and he did start school at Arkansas as a baseball player).

So here are the ways in which Gaytor fans say they are sooooo much better than us when it comes to The Portal.

1. They have a lot more Power 5 "game tape" on their brilliant Portal products.
2. Gaytor Portal products were not "buried on the depth chart" at prior schools.
3. Gaytor Portal products can "play immediately".
4. Gaytors don't take troubled players (except for Cox).
5. All Gaytor transfers would be "Top 200" if "slotted in" vs. high school kids.

Let's go to the tape.

1. Power 5 game tape - Trevon Grimes played in TWO games at Ohio Taint. Lucas Krull, literally, had no game tape, he had never played TE in college. Kelvin Joseph ("who got some quality minutes" according to the gushing Gaytor fan) played in 6 games (none past mid-October) and was suspended for the bowl game by Orgeron; he got 5 of his 12 tackles against SE Louisiana and Louisiana Tech, and 5 more came against Ole Miss and Mississippi State. And even Brenton Cox, who "played a ton as a freshman" (he appeared in 11 games but did NOT "play a ton") got half of his 7 solo tackles and 13 assists in 2 games, one against Middle Tennessee State in September and one in LSU's bowl game in January.

2. Not "buried on the depth chart" - it would be impossible to know for certain with Trevon Grimes, who left after TWO games, so maybe the Gaytors were projecting "obvious starter" from his 2 receptions vs. UNLV and his 1 reception vs. Army. Lucas Krull "has no grade point average", as he had not played football in college. And we can debate Cox and Joseph, who both left after 1 year, one after being suspended from the team, one after being kicked off of the team.

3. Immediate players - Grimes and Jefferson had to get waivers, so there was no certainty there; Grimes got 26 receptions in his first year at UiF, but 12 were against OOC non-P5 teams Charleston Southern, Colorado State, Idaho, and Florida State (see what I did there?). Shuler and Greenard were Grad Transfers, can't argue with that. Krull was a JuCo, so good for them. And Cox and Joseph will need waivers, which may not be as slam-dunk as Grimes and Jefferson. Let's not forget that Gaytor fans swore up and down that Tate Martell did not deserve a waiver.

4. No troubled players - Cox was kicked off of his team. Joseph was suspended from his team. And while I am not blaming Grimes for having to be coached by Zach Smith, take a look at his family history and you can see that there are red flags. Look, I hope that Grimes is a great kid, but considering how quickly some of the "red flag" players (Jalon Jones, John Huggins, Justin Watkins) went bad, there are no guarantees in life.

5. If If If Gaytor transfers were slotted against HS players - Krull would NOT have been Top 200, either out of HS (he was an all-state HONORABLE MENTION in KANSAS) or out of JuCo (he never played TE in college). Jonathan Greenard and Adam Shuler were 3-star HS recruits. Any questions?

Now, let's compare Miami's Portal guys.

1. P5 game tape - at a minimum, Miami's transfers had 5 appearances minimum, not 0 or 2. Perhaps the Gaytors will take issue that we only had 19 games of tape on a Butler kid (OK, fair point) or 33 games of tape on a Buffalo kid (now on the Biletnikoff watch list).

2. Buried on depth chart - nobody. Tate Martell and Asa Martin left after a year, but only Tate likely WOULD HAVE struggled for playing time due to a coaching change and the new coach favoring Justin Fields.

3. Immediate players - Jaelan Phillps will redshirt and not request a transfer, due largely to medical concerns. Tommy Kennedy was EXPECTED to be an immediate player, he just sucks. Same with Asa Martin.

4. No troubled players - Trevon Hill had a "heated exchange" with a position coach, same as Trevon Grimes did. Bubba Bolden had an off-campus argument, but at the time he left USC he was cleared to return to the team, he was no longer kicked off the team or suspended from the team.

5. UM players vs. HS players - Jaelan Phillps was a 5-star. Tate Martell, Bubba Bolden, and Asa Martin were 4-stars. Trevon Hill was a 3-star, but played 29 games for VaTech, so would have "slotted higher" as a transfer. KJ Osborn and Chigozie Nnoruka were 2-stars, but after 33 games at Buffalo (and now on the Biletnikoff watch list) and 16 games at UCLA, would likely have "slotted higher" as transfers. And, yeah, Tommy Kennedy sucks, but he had transfer offers from Oklahoma, Auburn, and Texas.

So, in summary, CLEARLY the Gaytors are so much better than us at the Portal, they have higher standards, better evaluation, and superior results.

Right?
And let’s make sure we are all crystal clear on this, the ncaa is already trying to tighten up the transfer rules and perception of it since the start of the portal. The free pass is over and no way in **** are cox and Joseph gonna get a waiver due to both being kicked off there previous teams for conduct issues. And mark my words those two are low character trouble players. You really think both of them are gonna keep there nose clean up In GAysville with no football to keep them focused, **** no! Doubt either one of them sees the field for Ufag.

And let’s make sure we are all crystal clear on this, the ncaa is already trying to tighten up the transfer rules and perception of it since the start of the portal. The free pass is over and no way in **** are cox and Joseph gonna get a waiver due to both being kicked off there previous teams for conduct issues. And mark my words those two are low character trouble players. You really think both of them are gonna keep there nose clean up In GAysville with no football to keep them focused, **** no! Doubt either one of them sees the field for Ufag.

It doesn’t matter if they see the field... as long as the recruiting calculator bumps up their classes, it’s all good!

Yep 100% and before the NCAA approves anything they're gonna want to know why he was DISMISSED from the team. It's not like hes transferring on his own

Advertisement
Glad I could help....I’d gladly take those 38 yrs back and be 39 again...I was still in one piece back then..lol
I wish I was as old as I was when I first started feeling old.

FC9A820A-C67E-4713-A1B6-163BA7626B83.jpeg

Saw Gator fans posting this saying Clemson couldn’t go defeated in the SEC. 😂 so Bama can destroy the entire league by 30 ppg but there’s no way Clemson could. Nevermind that Clemson embarrassed Bama

Advertisement
OK, for the last 8 months, Gaytor fans have mocked us for going to the portal for EIGHT guys (and if Trevon Grimes' waiver application is to be believed, Mark Richt didn't take transfers). Once they get Kelvin Joseph, they will have SEVEN players on their roster who transferred there in the last 2 years (though I don't know if they should count Lucas Krull, a JuCo, but one of their fans lists him above as one of their success stories, and he did start school at Arkansas as a baseball player).

So here are the ways in which Gaytor fans say they are sooooo much better than us when it comes to The Portal.

1. They have a lot more Power 5 "game tape" on their brilliant Portal products.
2. Gaytor Portal products were not "buried on the depth chart" at prior schools.
3. Gaytor Portal products can "play immediately".
4. Gaytors don't take troubled players (except for Cox).
5. All Gaytor transfers would be "Top 200" if "slotted in" vs. high school kids.

Let's go to the tape.

1. Power 5 game tape - Trevon Grimes played in TWO games at Ohio Taint. Lucas Krull, literally, had no game tape, he had never played TE in college. Kelvin Joseph ("who got some quality minutes" according to the gushing Gaytor fan) played in 6 games (none past mid-October) and was suspended for the bowl game by Orgeron; he got 5 of his 12 tackles against SE Louisiana and Louisiana Tech, and 5 more came against Ole Miss and Mississippi State. And even Brenton Cox, who "played a ton as a freshman" (he appeared in 11 games but did NOT "play a ton") got half of his 7 solo tackles and 13 assists in 2 games, one against Middle Tennessee State in September and one in LSU's bowl game in January.

2. Not "buried on the depth chart" - it would be impossible to know for certain with Trevon Grimes, who left after TWO games, so maybe the Gaytors were projecting "obvious starter" from his 2 receptions vs. UNLV and his 1 reception vs. Army. Lucas Krull "has no grade point average", as he had not played football in college. And we can debate Cox and Joseph, who both left after 1 year, one after being suspended from the team, one after being kicked off of the team.

3. Immediate players - Grimes and Jefferson had to get waivers, so there was no certainty there; Grimes got 26 receptions in his first year at UiF, but 12 were against OOC non-P5 teams Charleston Southern, Colorado State, Idaho, and Florida State (see what I did there?). Shuler and Greenard were Grad Transfers, can't argue with that. Krull was a JuCo, so good for them. And Cox and Joseph will need waivers, which may not be as slam-dunk as Grimes and Jefferson. Let's not forget that Gaytor fans swore up and down that Tate Martell did not deserve a waiver.

4. No troubled players - Cox was kicked off of his team. Joseph was suspended from his team. And while I am not blaming Grimes for having to be coached by Zach Smith, take a look at his family history and you can see that there are red flags. Look, I hope that Grimes is a great kid, but considering how quickly some of the "red flag" players (Jalon Jones, John Huggins, Justin Watkins) went bad, there are no guarantees in life.

5. If If If Gaytor transfers were slotted against HS players - Krull would NOT have been Top 200, either out of HS (he was an all-state HONORABLE MENTION in KANSAS) or out of JuCo (he never played TE in college). Jonathan Greenard and Adam Shuler were 3-star HS recruits. Any questions?

Now, let's compare Miami's Portal guys.

1. P5 game tape - at a minimum, Miami's transfers had 5 appearances minimum, not 0 or 2. Perhaps the Gaytors will take issue that we only had 19 games of tape on a Butler kid (OK, fair point) or 33 games of tape on a Buffalo kid (now on the Biletnikoff watch list).

2. Buried on depth chart - nobody. Tate Martell and Asa Martin left after a year, but only Tate likely WOULD HAVE struggled for playing time due to a coaching change and the new coach favoring Justin Fields.

3. Immediate players - Jaelan Phillps will redshirt and not request a transfer, due largely to medical concerns. Tommy Kennedy was EXPECTED to be an immediate player, he just sucks. Same with Asa Martin.

4. No troubled players - Trevon Hill had a "heated exchange" with a position coach, same as Trevon Grimes did. Bubba Bolden had an off-campus argument, but at the time he left USC he was cleared to return to the team, he was no longer kicked off the team or suspended from the team.

5. UM players vs. HS players - Jaelan Phillps was a 5-star. Tate Martell, Bubba Bolden, and Asa Martin were 4-stars. Trevon Hill was a 3-star, but played 29 games for VaTech, so would have "slotted higher" as a transfer. KJ Osborn and Chigozie Nnoruka were 2-stars, but after 33 games at Buffalo (and now on the Biletnikoff watch list) and 16 games at UCLA, would likely have "slotted higher" as transfers. And, yeah, Tommy Kennedy sucks, but he had transfer offers from Oklahoma, Auburn, and Texas.

So, in summary, CLEARLY the Gaytors are so much better than us at the Portal, they have higher standards, better evaluation, and superior results.

Right?
I hope you dropped the mike, err keyboard after that post. And your statement "and Florida State (see what I did there?)" was unbelievable!

Advertisement
Dan Mullen won’t be at Florida long. He doesn’t have the rings and cachet that Urban has to have that type of culture. It won’t be swept under the rug. Let them lose 4+ games and leaks will start to happen.

Good job, good effort.

Over 3,000 posts and you finally hit paydirt on one.

You have my first upvote.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back