Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Please let them hire Golden as DC. Who better to run a 3 - 4 in FL.

They've got a DC bringing the 3-4 and they don't have the right personnel for it. I'm going to enjoy watching their misery next season.

They’re gonna have a lot of guys looking like Robert Knowles out there.You know running around like you’re lost wondering WTF your supposed to be on the play.

Advertisement
This is going to be fun to watch

Lol. This is page 599... please don't pull a page 561! What was your hate of 561 about? Isn't that the area code for Boca?

No, I have no intention of pulling that again, I am only hear for the tears my friend.

I know. I was laughing when you did that because it was an odd number and you just snapped on it. I have wondered since then why that number made you mad?

The most telling aspect of a defensive coordinator is when they're married to their scheme and tries to make pieces that they have fit when they don't. A normal coordinator would realize that with UF's current roster and the recruiting base they recruit from, that 4-3 is the way to go. A 3-4 is going to hurt that team for years. I can't wait until 2019.

The UF coaches aren't even gonna through the front door of South FLA DTs & DEs once the word gets out that UF is gonna run a 3-4 Defense.

That's some thing that we can actually thank Golden & D'Nofrio for....

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
The most telling aspect of a defensive coordinator is when they're married to their scheme and tries to make pieces that they have fit when they don't. A normal coordinator would realize that with UF's current roster and the recruiting base they recruit from, that 4-3 is the way to go. A 3-4 is going to hurt that team for years. I can't wait until 2019.

Agreed. Dumb coaches force their scheme on the players regardless of whether or not they have the proper personnel to run said scheme. You put a scheme in place that best fits the personnel you have.

I can't even recall off the top of my head a Florida-based P5 team that has run a 3-4 defense successfully -- at championship contending levels -- in the past 20 years. We don't have the players that fit a 3-4.

Really can't understand why Mullen and Co. would force that on them.

But I'm very glad to hear it!

Jeremy Pruitt had success using an odd front defense at FSU. It wasnt' a traditional 3-4 more of a 3-3-5 with a hybrid LB/DE and S/LB.

Agreed. Dumb coaches force their scheme on the players regardless of whether or not they have the proper personnel to run said scheme. You put a scheme in place that best fits the personnel you have.

I can't even recall off the top of my head a Florida-based P5 team that has run a 3-4 defense successfully -- at championship contending levels -- in the past 20 years. We don't have the players that fit a 3-4.

It's not even that.

If you walked through the door at Florida tomorrow, the last thing you'd look to change is that defence. It's pretty good. Why create more problems for yourself?!

Advertisement

It's not even that.

If you walked through the door at Florida tomorrow, the last thing you'd look to change is that defence. It's pretty good. Why create more problems for yourself?!

Their pieces just aren't a good match for a 3-4 right now. They need to recruit different player types. I can't imagine it being a smooth transition. They definitely need a DT that can hold a line of scrimmage and apparently Turdbarrel Slaton is their best hope for that. That should be concerning to them.

I didn’t even know they were going to a 3-4.

What’s behind that?

Anybody know?

Yes. That's what Grantham runs as a DC. Here's a thread with an article link on the DE issue they have:

https://florida.247sports.com/Board...a-tricky-situation-at-defensive-end-112781260

Thanks.

I haven’t been keeping up with their bullshlt.

I think they’re fūcked then, actually.

Not only do you have to have a monster plug DT in the middle, you need a few to rotate, and then you need a bunch of huge roided up massive fast super linebackers like Alabama, four across, to be successful.

It will take them years to get there. They won’t.

This should be fun.

It's not even that.

Their pieces just aren't a good match for a 3-4 right now. They need to recruit different player types. I can't imagine it being a smooth transition. They definitely need a DT that can hold a line of scrimmage and apparently Turdbarrel Slaton is their best hope for that. That should be concerning to them.

There's a coach that did relatively well at U of Houston in 2017 that could help recruit South Florida like a massive sUpErStaR for the Gators if he's willing to make a lateral move to the UF.

Mark D'No should be THE MAN!!!

Advertisement

It's not even that.

There's a coach that did relatively well at U of Houston in 2017 that could help recruit South Florida like a massive sUpErStaR for the Gators if he's willing to make a lateral move to the UF.

Yes! The innovator of the “Wefense”

I didn’t even know they were going to a 3-4.

What’s behind that?

Anybody know?

Yes. That's what Grantham runs as a DC. Here's a thread with an article link on the DE issue they have:

https://florida.247sports.com/Board...a-tricky-situation-at-defensive-end-112781260

Thanks.

I haven’t been keeping up with their bullshlt.

I think they’re fūcked then, actually.

Not only do you have to have a monster plug DT in the middle, you need a few to rotate, and then you need a bunch of huge roided up massive fast super linebackers like Alabama, four across, to be successful.

It will take them years to get there. They won’t.

This should be fun.

The current staff will be fired in a few seasons, well before they even have the personnel to attempt to run the 3-4 properly. Then they'll bring in a new staff who will probably want to run a 4-3 or a 4-2-5, but they won't have the personnel for that either because of the current staff's recruiting. This should be fun to watch.

It's not even that.

Yes! The innovator of the “Wefense”

also known as the "patty cake" Wefense

Advertisement
Back