Tears Gator Tears

I think they will get right on it after they got on Laremy Tunsil and Ole Miss. Only been a year and a half now since he testified on live television. Maybe after they got on LSU for what Shaq said. It pays to go there. I think some other former NBA stars have mentioned about their kids going to SEC schools to get paid live on TV as well.

Advertisement
They actually hand out participation trophies in class. This school is the gift that just keeps giving.
Feleipe Franks of Florida Gators gains fame, trophy after improbable throw

IMG_3854.jpg

I think these guys have to be out for at least the year if not gone from the team. If this happened at Miami, there'd be shouts from the media of loss of institutional control and the death penalty.
Kind of shocked the NCAA hasn't got involved. This could just be beginning on how this been going on . My guess lot of cover ups During the Myers years

Are you? In all seriousness, I'd only be shocked if they get investigated. They'll "handle" it in some manner and everyone will talk about how they've been punished enough.

Look, I hate the Gaytors, but this thing has only been known for a few weeks. I do believe the NCAA will get involved, but it takes a bit of time for the ball to get rolling. I'm no fan of all of the prior UF coverups, but the school did the right thing by suspending all of these guys indefinitely, since the underlying crime imperils the eligibility of every player involved.

Time will tell, whether the NCAA does the right thing. This is ABSOLUTELY an incident that they SHOULD be investigating, as at least SOME of the cards involved were school-provided debit cards.

It took a glorified story less then 24 hours for them to come knocking on our door or for any major news outlet to run it up their flag poll.

Yeah, but you forgot that we spanked the NCAA pretty hard on due process. Now they are taking things a bit more slowly.

The fish ( ehr lizard ) is rotting from the head down. Feel free to connect the dots.

UF housing director charged of $180k in credit card fraud - News - Gainesville Sun - Gainesville, FL

Holy ****e, this guy is UF's version of Tony Russell! Just substitute "university-issued debit cards" for "Pell Grants", and put Dan LeBatard on the story, and you have an ideal situation for a substantial NCAA punishment.

Think about it, the guy was making $145K per year in GAINESVILLE, and he still felt the need to steal an amount equal to another year's pay. Wow.

Where is Yahoo Sports when we REALLY need them?

They're talking like if they lose these guys then that'll free up more schollies and they'll just sign more recruits. They're not getting that if the NCAA steps in, they'll probably lose all of these spots.

Even more so than OUR fans, the Gaytor fans are TRULY CLUELESS on the "Initial Counter" rules.

NCAA scholarship compliance is SLLIIIIIGHTLY more complicated than "counting to 85".

The fish ( ehr lizard ) is rotting from the head down. Feel free to connect the dots.

UF housing director charged of $180k in credit card fraud - News - Gainesville Sun - Gainesville, FL

Holy ****e, this guy is UF's version of Tony Russell! Just substitute "university-issued debit cards" for "Pell Grants", and put Dan LeBatard on the story, and you have an ideal situation for a substantial NCAA punishment.

Think about it, the guy was making $145K per year in GAINESVILLE, and he still felt the need to steal an amount equal to another year's pay. Wow.

They're talking like if they lose these guys then that'll free up more schollies and they'll just sign more recruits. They're not getting that if the NCAA steps in, they'll probably lose all of these spots.

NOOOOOO...now they can flip all of our class instead of just a few!

Advertisement

Lol. Time to turn our tails and hide. The mighty Gaytards are coming to pillage our class.

Saw that Callaway and a couple others will be indicted on credit card fraud. You know all those other suspended kids, wink wink, snitched as soon as faced with loss of scholarship and jail time. I'd bet the credit cards were stolen from students, so the UFelon officials couldn't cover it up.

"Antonio Callaway, Jordan Smith, and one other player are likely to be arrested on charges of felony grand theft, with the possibility of further misdemeanour charges being tagged on, according to a lawyer representing one of the players. It’s anticipated that the other six players will also be arrested, but only three players have hired legal counsel thus far."

https://thereadoptional.com/sources...layers-in-misuse-of-school-funds-47faa0f5834c

Third player is supposedly Rick Wells.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Lol. Time to turn our tails and hide. The mighty Gaytards are coming to pillage our class.

the-***-pride-parade-in-amsterdam-holland-this-boat-is-full-of-bare-D6HYBP.jpg

View attachment 50189

Lmmfao!!!!!

Advertisement
Per my Hogtown friend, Callaway gone.

What has he heard about Scarlett?

I'll ask.

His response:

Callaway certain, not sure about Scarlett or anyone else...doesn't believe the NCAA will investigate as it's a criminal issue.

most these guys are going to be booted off the team

Go tell your friend...

"it's a criminal issue"

doesn't hold water. Sandusky ******* kids was a "criminal issue". And let's not even get into the issue of UF's role. There may have been "multiple" cards used and abused, but several reports have cited a UNIVERSITY-PROVIDED DEBIT CARD.

You know how you can get your IRS refund on a Visa debit card? How much do you want to bet that players got their "overage" money (i.e., the money that can be spent on rent, if you live off campus, meals, incidentals, etc.) on a UNIVERSITY-PROVIDED DEBIT CARD.

Trust me on this, I had 2 different roommates at UM who were athletes, one was a football player, and one was a diver (and his girlfriend was a tennis player). And the diver also received money from the US Olympic program. So athletes are frequently given large sums of discretionary money at the beginning of each semester.

"it's a criminal issue"...

How funny.

Advertisement
Back