Tears Gator Tears

I doubt even Frost wants to go there. McElwain won that division twice his first 2 years. Year 3 he has a crap ton of players suspended and now he's going through a struggling season. Coaches from the outside will see the unrealistic expectations placed by the fanbase.

Also, McSharky squandered the elite defense that Muschamp left him. Year by year, that think got weaker and now its just average.

Advertisement

That dude "fishgator" is full of it or his buddy is telling stories. I have worked on some executive compensation matters. Let's pretend I'm McSharkFvcker. I'm contractually entitled to 12.5 million if I'm fired, "without Cause."

If I'm a 60 year old dude nearing retirement, after how badly my reputation has been slandered (partially of my own doing, partially because I'm so disgusting people think I look like a sexual deviant), it's pretty unlikely I will ever see that kind of money again. Why the F would I "voluntarily" give up the 4.5 mil a year? It can't get worse than this. Let's say they want me out. I will give zero effort on recruiting/winning and demand every cent I am contractually obligated.

Unless they have serious dirt on me (like a dead girl or a live boy), I'm collecting all 12.5 million. There is no negotiation. My agent and attorney would ensure that UiF pays me the ALREADY NEGOTIATED 2.5 million every year until 2022 if I can't get the 4.5 next year. Senior executives of large companies receiving very large compensation packages don't leave money on the table when the executioner calls.

Last edited:
RVA I think you've mentioned being an attorney. Can you foresee any future where a coach would agree to a reduced buyout without another concurrent job offer? Why would a soon-to-be terminated coach give money back to the organization that decides to fire him? I think this "negotiated buyout" is a Gayturd delusion by people who have no idea what executive dismissal entails.

RVA I think you've mentioned being an attorney. Can you foresee any future where a coach would agree to a reduced buyout without another concurrent job offer? Why would a soon-to-be terminated coach give money back to the organization that decides to fire him? I think this "negotiated buyout" is a Gayturd delusion by people who have no idea what executive dismissal entails.

Most buyouts in CFB usually involve a certain window where a partial amount is voided if they take another position at another university similar to the one they had. So if McElwain goes to Oregon St., I think he'd lost part of the buyout.

Didn't the guy at Oregon State just do this? It was a big story because it rarely happens, he left more than 5 million on the table to leave if I remember correctly

Advertisement

Most buyouts in CFB usually involve a certain window where a partial amount is voided if they take another position at another university similar to the one they had. So if McElwain goes to Oregon St., I think he'd lost part of the buyout.

But without a concurrent competing offer, why would he leave money on the table? I'm assuming this dude is too much a square for dead girl or live boy so my guess would be UiF is Fd. I hope that clouds their decision making process and keep McSharkFvcker, or failing that "go cheap and local," because so much money is going to a terminated employee and elevate Radio Randy to permanent Head Coach.

By the way "dead girl/live boy" is a catch all for the "moral turpitude" clause that is ALWAYS included in executive Employment Agreements. Hugh Freeze violated that clause with the hookers for example. The Dolphins OL coach violated that by snorting blow on camera. Without the dirt, I think Mac finna collect. I would imagine the quitting Oregon State coach had major dirt to void the buyout. Coaches don't quit without "Good Reason" which is also outlined in their Employment Agreements.

Hilarious:

"Two of the nine suspended players did not receive a pre-trial intervention: Jordan Smith and Kadeem Telfort, perhaps because they faced too many felony charges.

None of the players have returned to the team since the initial suspension, and the interventions do not mean they will return before the season is over."

https://www.si.com/college-football...ended-players-football-pre-trial-intervention

Can you imagine the sht storm if this happened to us? Has SI even done a mock-up of the "uf should disband their football team" cover yet?

I created the cover a few pages back. Here you go again for your viewing pleasure

ZknZPUJ.jpg

Sorry I missed it the first time, that's brilliant work. I hope you tweeted it at SI or messengered it over or something.

That dude "fishgator" is full of it or his buddy is telling stories. I have worked on some executive compensation matters. Let's pretend I'm McSharkFvcker. I'm contractually entitled to 12.5 million if I'm fired, "without Cause."

If I'm a 60 year old dude nearing retirement, after how badly my reputation has been slandered (partially of my own doing, partially because I'm so disgusting people think I look like a sexual deviant), it's pretty unlikely I will ever see that kind of money again. Why the F would I "voluntarily" give up the 4.5 mil a year? It can't get worse than this. Let's say they want me out. I will give zero effort on recruiting/winning and demand every cent I am contractually obligated.

Unless they have serious dirt on me (like a dead girl or a live boy), I'm collecting all 12.5 million. There is no negotiation. My agent and attorney would ensure that UiF pays me the ALREADY NEGOTIATED 2.5 million every year until 2022 if I can't get the 4.5 next year. Senior executives of large companies receiving very large compensation packages don't leave money on the table when the executioner calls.

Yeah, nothing short of pictures of a half-shark, half-McToof baby would get any sane person to give back money to a school that's firing them. That's just gayters telling themselves stories.

Advertisement

I doubt even Frost wants to go there. McElwain won that division twice his first 2 years. Year 3 he has a crap ton of players suspended and now he's going through a struggling season. Coaches from the outside will see the unrealistic expectations placed by the fanbase.

Also, McSharky squandered the elite defense that Muschamp left him. Year by year, that think got weaker and now its just average.

MCSHARKFÜCKER aint going anywhere this season...Buyout and suspensions will buy him another year. If he goes 9-3 or better next season, we will see him in 19 and hand him a big fat fückin L

MCSHARKFÜCKER aint going anywhere this season...Buyout and suspensions will buy him another year. If he goes 9-3 or better next season, we will see him in 19 and hand him a big fat fückin L

Pray that you're right. But he is such a barely waddling catastrophe I don't know that we can rule anything out. I hope he is retained until his natural death, but you can't start lying about "death threats" and keep your position as the face of a multimillion dollar entity. My wishes are as follows:

1. Mac keeps his job
2. Mac is fired and receives his full buyout, Radio Randy is promoted to Interim HC and pulls an Orgeron and gets the real job
3. Mac is fired and receives his full buyout, the administration of UiF is financially hampered in trying to attract their next HC

We all recognize that McElwain is a corch and a fraud. Having said that, I just can't imagine him getting the axe this year given the buyout and the modicum of success that he had in years 1 and 2.

Pray that you're right. But he is such a barely waddling catastrophe I don't know that we can rule anything out. I hope he is retained until his natural death, but you can't start lying about "death threats" and keep your position as the face of a multimillion dollar entity. My wishes are as follows:

1. Mac keeps his job
2. Mac is fired and receives his full buyout, Radio Randy is promoted to Interim HC and pulls an Orgeron and gets the real job
3. Mac is fired and receives his full buyout, the administration of UiF is financially hampered in trying to attract their next HC

The best situation would be if Golden Girls was hired by the Gates since the buyout for Sharky was so financially destabilizing. Brings No D with him...one can only dream!

Advertisement
Sharkey is not leaving millions of dollars on the table.

We are talking over ten million dollars here.

Even if I had to spend a million dollars in attorneys fees to get it, it would be worth it.

You would too.

But without a concurrent competing offer, why would he leave money on the table? I'm assuming this dude is too much a square for dead girl or live boy so my guess would be UiF is Fd. I hope that clouds their decision making process and keep McSharkFvcker, or failing that "go cheap and local," because so much money is going to a terminated employee and elevate Radio Randy to permanent Head Coach.

I agree to the extent that I wouldn't leave money on the table. That said, if Florida thinks they have "just cause" to fire Mac, it can change the dynamic. At that point, Mac could have risks if they go to court. So does the University. If Mac's lawyer believes he has serious exposure from his actions plus Mac wants out, he could settle for less than the $12.5 m to ensure Mac gets a sizeable settlement vs potentially nothing were a jury to find that Mac was fired for cause.

I agree to the extent that I wouldn't leave money on the table. That said, if Florida thinks they have "just cause" to fire Mac, it can change the dynamic. At that point, Mac could have risks if they go to court. So does the University. If Mac's lawyer believes he has serious exposure from his actions plus Mac wants out, he could settle for less than the $12.5 m to ensure Mac gets a sizeable settlement vs potentially nothing were a jury to find that Mac was fired for cause.

I hear you. But Mac's lawyer could generate "death threats" from Twitter like for example "Drop dead Mac" (which I have seen on my own) and be in the clear. That "truth," however tenuous, should abnegate any "lie" that they try to use to prove "Cause," and thusly entitle Mac to the entirety of his buyout "without Cause." Of course, without seeing the exact terminology of the Employment Agreement, we are engaging in speculation. I think that his case would have merit, especially if a change of venue could be accommodated.

Advertisement
As much as juries hate highly paid executives, they hate rich corporations (especially those subsidized with taxpayer money) even more. If I'm JM's counsel I'm encouraging fighting this to the finish.

I hear you. But Mac's lawyer could generate "death threats" from Twitter like for example "Drop dead Mac" (which I have seen on my own) and be in the clear. That "truth," however tenuous, should abnegate any "lie" that they try to use to prove "Cause," and thusly entitle Mac to the entirety of his buyout "without Cause." Of course, without seeing the exact terminology of the Employment Agreement, we are engaging in speculation. I think that his case would have merit, especially if a change of venue could be accommodated.

You very well could be right but at this time we don't know all of the facts. I think a simple "drop dead Mac" on Twitter would not be considered reasonable for him to claim a tangible death threat but that, like much else, would be left in the hands of a jury. Juries and judges are not always predictable. Laws aren't always applied how you expect and facts aren't always determined with the values you expect either.

We don't have all the facts. I'm sure a citizen of the state could FOIA Mac's contract. We don't know the extent and nature of the threats. Remember, if there were threats, they were also to his family and his players as he said, so he failed to protect his players by not reporting them. I think he refused to give their UAA any details as well.

There's just a lot going on here. We don't know enough to determine Mac's risks at trial. We also don't know how badly he wants out and if he has other opportunities like Oregon State. We don't know if there's an offset clause in what's paid if he takes another job. It's just a lot to consider.

Here's a post from their board from one of their writers who has seen the contract...

Capture+_2017-10-28-06-38-20.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back