Tears Gator Tears

I think we have some of this in here from this immediately past June 2023 but for the record…

IMG_1778.jpeg
IMG_1779.jpeg
IMG_1780.jpeg
IMG_1781.jpeg
IMG_1782.jpeg
IMG_1783.jpeg
IMG_1784.jpeg
IMG_1785.jpeg
IMG_1786.jpeg
IMG_1787.jpeg
IMG_1788.jpeg
IMG_1789.jpeg
IMG_1790.jpeg
IMG_1791.jpeg

Advertisement
😮

👇

Billy has a big issue brewing behind the scenes which also involves his training staff. It involves a player and a parent who is in their ring of honor. Bad situation which has added to calls for him to be gone by some people who matter.

I expect him to be gone pending how the last couple weeks finish out for him. Knowing what I know I could care less about what he could offer…he’s a red line for me.

@Angry Ibis nah, it’s not bull****, it’s just another piece added on to less than expected performance. It’s pretty egregious. Egregious to the point where it’s exposed an internal pattern of behavior with him and his staff.

The dad has the resume to take it to the level he did and it brought the issues into focus. Let’s just say there should be a lot to pick from that roster after the season is over if he’s still there.

Yeah I gotcha. It will be interesting. Coercing medical staff to clear kids when they aren’t close to being fit to play, both off surgery and with pretty bad concussions to save your own sinking ship is not a good thing these days…

😮

👀

Yessir.

I've been honest. I hate the Gators. But at the same time, I'm not criticizing their recruiting JUST BECAUSE I hate them. I'm looking at how Slingblade Billy took them to Dave & Busters in the G-Wagon and convinced them to commit, without seeing any other schools, while selling them on a Year 2 turnaround that was very unlikely to happen. And a Year 3 that will likely result in even FEWER wins than Year 2.

On the other hand, Mario was pretty brutal about where UM stood. He knew the turnaround was a multi-year project and told the kids that. Clearly we can offer playing time. Clearly we can offer NIL. But Mario ALSO tells the kids to "commit to a school, not a coach". His honesty in recruiting and his "I want you to be sure" approach is not built for "best Sunday recruiting haul for June EVER", as the Gators obviously pushed for.

Slingblade Billy wanted recruiting momentum. Mario wanted recruiting permanence. Even if both coaches fall a bit short of their goals, I still prefer Mario's approach.
Exactly we will not land a top 3 class this year. But we’ve seen that summer pressure approach fail too many times.

I remember in the late Al Golden years and early Richt year that we lead the nation in decommiments because the offer really didn’t mean anything and kids would later visit, see how the teams played and then move on to other schools.

I love how OP acts all tough at the initial thought of going 5-7 back in June, but then says he didn’t think it would be an “embarrassing” 5-7.

The **** is the difference 😂😂 is there a good type of 5-7?

Advertisement
I love how OP acts all tough at the initial thought of going 5-7 back in June, but then says he didn’t think it would be an “embarrassing” 5-7.

Exactly.

They only had one good win, Tennessee.

What are all their "bad losses", which would lead to an "embarrassing" 5-7?

In turdland there is..they look for those moral victories like playing UGA or BAMA closer than another team….delusional reasoning at its best.

Advertisement
The gator ring of honor from what I can see is the three Heisman winners plus Emmitt, Youngblood and Wilber Marshall. If one of them has a kid on this year’s team, let alone injured, that’s news to me.

Doesn’t Jack Youngbloods kid play for them?

Danny Wuerful and Spurrier are also on there

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s way old for that. I doubt he has a kid there. Maybe a grandkid

Just looked at their roster and the only one I saw with one of those last names ( except Smith who I’m pretty sure Emmits son went to UGA didn’t he?)

Was Jason Marshall….I knows he’s been hurt and there’s been talk about him being pushed to play could he be related to Wilbur?

Just looked at their roster and the only one I saw with one of those last names ( except Smith who I’m pretty sure Emmits son went to UGA didn’t he?)

Was Jason Marshall….I knows he’s been hurt and there’s been talk about him being pushed to play could he be related to Wilbur?
Someone else asked me this. I don’t know. It’s not his father though.

Advertisement
Back