Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
I have consistently said it on this thread...

...that Florida's recruiting class was built on a foundation of sand. I felt their class would splinter NOT JUST BECAUSE OF LOSING, but because most of their verbals had not visited any other schools AT THE TIME they said yes to Slingblade Billy.

So now you have a combination of good senior seasons...increased attention from OTHER schools...AND a terrible batch of performances from Florida...

And you factor in the toxic reactions of Gaytor fans on the Interwebz...

It's the perfect storm for a recruiting class to fall apart.
From your keyboard to......

My bull gator partner called last night. He now realizes that they are on the way to 5-7 or 6-6 and believes that Billy will be back next year. He says there are some who would ā€œcut baitā€ right now, but they are outnumbered by the dreamers who hope another year will fix things. He believes that the recruiting class will stick but the ā€œpriceā€ will double.ā€¦.

What most schools do is tell the head coach to hire new coordinators or else, and they do and last another year or 2. See Jimbo. So if I were to bet any money, Billllly will be back with two new coordinators.

Advertisement
I have consistently said it on this thread...

...that Florida's recruiting class was built on a foundation of sand. I felt their class would splinter NOT JUST BECAUSE OF LOSING, but because most of their verbals had not visited any other schools AT THE TIME they said yes to Slingblade Billy.
Me
So now you have a combination of good senior seasons...increased attention from OTHER schools...AND a terrible batch of performances from Florida...

And you factor in the toxic reactions of Gaytor fans on the Interwebz...

It's the perfect storm for a recruiting class to fall apart.

I know you and others, including @RVACane , have alluded to the sudden and bizarre nature of the turds shooting up in the rankings with a flurry of top commitments in a relatively short period of time.

We discussed this before, but I think the most logical conclusion based on the entirety of the circumstances, regarding the signings, point to a concerted effort by boosters/Bullgaytors (directed by Slingblade, et al) to pull out all the financial stops to get quick commitments.

In essence, they paid for immediate commitments, quite likely significantly overpaid, and the only question remains is what type of agreements they signed, because I think a lot of these players as you mentioned are going to look at the dire **** situation and say deuces.

The only question that remains is how binding are any agreements that they have may have signed.

any thoughts from anybody?

I know you and others, including @RVACane , have alluded to the sudden and bizarre nature of the turds shooting up in the rankings with a flurry of top commitments in a relatively short period of time.

We discussed this before, but I think the most logical conclusion based on the entirety of the circumstances, regarding the signings, point to a concerted effort by boosters/Bullgaytors (directed by Slingblade, et al) to pull out all the financial stops to get quick commitments.

In essence, they paid for immediate commitments, quite likely significantly overpaid, and the only question remains is what type of agreements they signed, because I think a lot of these players as you mentioned are going to look at the dire **** situation and say deuces.

The only question that remains is how binding are any agreements that they have may have signed.

They are not allowed to sign anything other than an NIL agreement. They had a lot of recruits come in and paid them under the table to commit and not visit other schools. So the recruits said yes to the first girl they dated, even though she looks like a witch.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I think this is what they did. FSU too. They used overwhelming up front and near front money. Interim bags between now and ESD, heavily front loading dealsā€¦.

As to any under the table bags and enforceability, yes and no. I mean I guess itā€™s technically enforceable except the results would expose the team to NCAA violations and if taxes arenā€™t reported then thatā€™s a different issue.

So, in my guesstimating, I think these guys can sign elsewhere. I think itā€™s wholly possible that some cut deals to commit agreeing to stay committed publicly for a certain amount of time.

Your second and third paragraphs are accurate. What I'm saying is that they threw money at a bunch of players who had not yet visited other places or gotten competitive offers from other schools AT THAT TIME.

I do not think any "legal" agreement with UF is binding at this time (sure, the "visit money" is virtually untraceable, but also non-binding), as that would be a serious violation of Florida law, which I don't think the Gaytors would do in this situation. They already lost one decommit that came from that exact time period, the Miami legacy who grew up in Georgia (Michael Boireau's son).

They definitely threw money around though, and made promises as well. Some of the recruits are starting to realize that other schools (with more success) can make those same promises.

Advertisement

This guy is a ******* *****.

First of all, 8 of the 12 games are SEC games. Florida doesn't have any control over that, particularly with expansion and the addition of Texas/Oklahoma.

Second, they play F$U every year. EVERY YEAR.

Finally, you boil it down to the three schools they can control the scheduling for. Miami, UCF, and Samford. He can't POSSIBLY be complaining about Samford in The Swamp. And they have Miami and UCF in Hogtown too.

So...I guess...maybe...just move the UCF game? Is that so hard? And then bring in The Citadel or some **** program to replace the UCF game that year.

This guy...*****ing about having tough SEC teams to play, when all these ******* do is yell "SEC-SEC-SEC"...

**** him...

"Real Texas"...hey, you ******* voted to let them into the SEC, now you gotta play 'em...

Advertisement
Back