Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good product, not as interesting or juicy as it should’ve been.

Lol i hear you but anyone expecting UF to allow Netflix access to the campus and footage to put out something that would be considered a “hit piece” is insane. It was a solid doc that I do think they could have dug a bit deeper in the off the field issues and it still not be a hit piece. It felt like an Urban Meyer redemption arc kinda like MJ and the last dance

Lol i hear you but anyone expecting UF to allow Netflix access to the campus and footage to put out something that would be considered a “hit piece” is insane. It was a solid doc that I do think they could have dug a bit deeper in the off the field issues and it still not be a hit piece. It felt like an Urban Meyer redemption arc kinda like MJ and the last dance

Would it have been Netflix, or was this independently produced and then sold to Netlfix? Might seem to be some minor distinction, but if the director and/or producer was a UF alum, it's possible he/she could get solid access without Florida needing to "sign off" on the content.

Not an argument, just a basic question. I think that Billy Corben did all of his own work on "Broke" and "The U" (part 1) before selling to ESPN 30 For 30. Not sure about The U Part 2, everyone probably saw that one coming a mile away.

The fact that they barely touched on Hernandez told me all I need to know about the "angle" being pushed. Clearly a Meyer redemption piece.

Advertisement
The fact that they barely touched on Hernandez told me all I need to know about the "angle" being pushed. Clearly a Meyer redemption piece.

I mean don't Chico ALREADY have like 2 different docs out about him???

I'm being obtused and biased when i asked that lol.

Although I know they wanted to "distance" themselves from him, it is a slap in the face to our intelligence that they didn't at least speak on Chico even if it was for FIVE minutes. Same with Cam Newton and his time at UF

Although I know they wanted to "distance" themselves from him, it is a slap in the face to our intelligence that they didn't at least speak on Chico even if it was for FIVE minutes. Same with Cam Newton and his time at UF

Dude was whacking off in teammates faces. I think that deserved a 5 minute mention.

Doc was ****
at least it came off as a "failure piece"
finebaum was finebaum
lot more emo than I thought it would be
tebow IMO has a learning disorder
skipped a ton of crap and fluffed urbs nuts

Last edited:
Dude was whacking off in teammates faces. I think that deserved a 5 minute mention.

even if it wasn't a hit piece, I would have loved to see Chris Leak, Cornelius Ingram, Reggie Nelson, and the Pouncey Twins speak. Harvin would have been golden but he's somewhere high as kite lol

Advertisement
I'll admit, I did chuckle when Tebow recalled the beginning of our 08 season and said we "killed" Miami. He sensationalized that because that game was WAAAAY closer than the final score.....appreciate that Robert Marve

Yeah, agree.

Another bummer was the absence of Harvin, he was arguably the best player on that teams.

....oh on the fact that he almost chocked his position coach
....and Dunlap DUI
....and Rainey death threats to his girlfriend

That Siler guy though, looked pretty cool for a Gator.

Advertisement

Could have been done in 2 minutes...

Season 9 Eye Roll GIF by The Office

Found it kind of weird they never mentioned any of the in state rivals, or any team in other conferences for that matter, throughout the entire doc minus one Tebow line saying they killed Miami

I'll admit, I did chuckle when Tebow recalled the beginning of our 08 season and said we "killed" Miami. He sensationalized that because that game was WAAAAY closer than the final score.....appreciate that Robert Marve
pretty sure that game was 9-3 before one of the worst review overturns in history gifted the gators like 30 yards on a 3rd and long.

Advertisement
Back