Tears Gator Tears

The only positive from Manny’s tenure is his recruiting bake-off comment. Winning in summer is a risky game. Much like the situation we are in UF has to win or holding those guys will be difficult.

What if Auburn wins 8 or 9 games and circles back on some guys, or Kirby gets another hard on for flipping their commits? It’s difficult tight rope to walk.
I have very little doubt that UF will fall apart. The reasons have already been thoroughly outlined the last few pages. That said at this time, let’s not act like Gators, where we defy logic just to fit our nice pretty narrative. The pay off here will make it worth it, as their fall will be great but I’m not going to deny that at this moment in time they are in a good spot because once again I’m not delusional like them.

Advertisement
I distinctly remember FSU pounding their chests about having a #1 (at the time) class in the middle of summer only to see them eventually finish like 23rd after signing day. It's great to get commitments early but as survivors of the Al Golden years, we know as well as anyone that the only commitments that count are the ones on signing day.
FSU was awful last year the entire cycle, awful. Norvell can portal but he has yet to show he can recruit during the regular cycle. His luck will eventually run out in the portal. FSU fans had a glimmer of hope that success on the field would translate to better HS recruiting but even after the year they had, they are very meh.

FSU was awful last year the entire cycle, awful. Norvell can portal but he has yet to show he can recruit during the regular cycle. His luck will eventually run out in the portal. FSU fans had a glimmer of hope that success on the field would translate to better HS recruiting but even after the year they had, they are very meh.
This was like 2 or 3 years ago. Might have been Norvell's first season.

Advertisement
Also there's a pretty big distinction between saying "Florida's class is looking good right now" and "UF is having an epic class." Epic denotes that this is some kind of all time great class. Being near the top in June isn't in that category.

Advertisement
A few things that are sticking out to me.... aside from Hayes who else are we actively going head to head against them for? Last year Mario was toying with UF, beating them multiple times head to head. It does not appear Billy is making good on his "footprint" promise and I wonder if that is because he would rather allocate resources to guys outside of the footprint we are not after.

Lagway was brought to the board over a year ago and the poster who did said we werent really on him like that and he did not know way. I have not seen us connected to Filsaime, the texas safety, Hayes we are after, but Myles Graham (LB, GA); Waller (Edge MS), Chiles (LB, MD) Williams (DL, NC); Williams (WR, Tampa) are all guys I really knew nothing about and typically they will be on our board. Amir Jackson I know we were on at one point but unsure if we had Lofton higher.

Next, both UF and UM are going into year 2 with new HC. We seem to have flipped the roster in a good way and should show growth, Billy is convincing the fans this is still a major rebuild and they are buying it. So was Miami in a better position 3 years ago and Manny left Mario more than Mullen left Billy? So UF's rebuild therefore will take longer? Or UF was in a better position and Mario is starting to lap them while UF slips?

Dont even know who tf that kid at Lb they got. Hes big (pause) but can he move at that size, or is this a Golden special where he cant move but has a 4 star ranking anyway. Someone give me the scoop. Every class has a bunch of four stars at every position you dont really expect anything from but depth. I hope he aint leading their linebacker class but I'll wait till the film gurus tell me about this dude. It seems more like damage control to me this used to be us all the time.

He reminds me of a better Sam Brooks. 6'1 225.

Undersized edge rusher for college but hes got the speed/twichyness to come in on 3rd down for UF. Will probably need 2 years in the weight room before he contributes.

Advertisement
A few things that are sticking out to me.... aside from Hayes who else are we actively going head to head against them for? Last year Mario was toying with UF, beating them multiple times head to head. It does not appear Billy is making good on his "footprint" promise and I wonder if that is because he would rather allocate resources to guys outside of the footprint we are not after.

Lagway was brought to the board over a year ago and the poster who did said we werent really on him like that and he did not know way. I have not seen us connected to Filsaime, the texas safety, Hayes we are after, but Myles Graham (LB, GA); Waller (Edge MS), Chiles (LB, MD) Williams (DL, NC); Williams (WR, Tampa) are all guys I really knew nothing about and typically they will be on our board. Amir Jackson I know we were on at one point but unsure if we had Lofton higher.

Next, both UF and UM are going into year 2 with new HC. We seem to have flipped the roster in a good way and should show growth, Billy is convincing the fans this is still a major rebuild and they are buying it. So was Miami in a better position 3 years ago and Manny left Mario more than Mullen left Billy? So UF's rebuild therefore will take longer? Or UF was in a better position and Mario is starting to lap them while UF slips?
His strategy is really looking more and more like golden. Golden ignored the recruiting footprint, pursuing lower caliber players from all over. As seasons progressed, those players repeatedly recommitted when better local options became available to them

Might as well remove this from their schedule. Waste of space
77DC275D-41A9-423B-9160-9E7477DDD239.jpeg

They easily have better public verbals than we do at this moment, that’s quite clear. We’d be happy about it if we were them.

But as stated, Billy’s approach of pre-ejaculation is riskier when there’s 6 months until these verbals mean anything and it’s hard to find 6 wins on their schedule.

The only debate should be how much tears we expect, because 3350 pages of their tears let’s us know it is inevitable.

Advertisement
I just posted this in Nole Tears in response to something about bets on final class rankings, but it probably makes more sense here...

Today a co-worker of mine was talking boldly about FU's recruiting. I told him FU's recruiting class was smoke and mirrors. He disagreed, so I offered to bet him $1K against his $500 that UF won't end up with a top 5 class. He said top 5 was a bit "too high." At that point, I explained to him FU's class was ranked No. 4 yesterday and is No. 3 today, so his refusal to take the bet (with 2:1 odds in his favor) is a tacit acknowledgement that even he expects FU's class to go backwards in the rankings over time.

He waffled, so I asked him to offer me the same bet with UM and a top 7 class. He refused and said top 7 was too low. I laughed and reminded him that he'd just been laughing about UM being ranked No. 23 compared to FU's No. 3, but he isn't willing to bet (with odds in his favor) that FU ends in the top 5 (notwithstanding their current top 3 class) or that UM ends up outside the top 7. His mouth was running wild in one direction, but his wallet was saying "I expect UM's class to greatly improve in the final rankings while FU's class falls off."

Too easy.

I just posted this in Nole Tears in response to something about bets on final class rankings, but it probably makes more sense here...

Today a co-worker of mine was talking boldly about FU's recruiting. I told him FU's recruiting class was smoke and mirrors. He disagreed, so I offered to bet him $1K against his $500 that UF won't end up with a top 5 class. He said top 5 was a bit "too high." At that point, I explained to him FU's class was ranked No. 4 yesterday and is No. 3 today, so his refusal to take the bet (with 2:1 odds in his favor) is a tacit acknowledgement that even he expects FU's class to go backwards in the rankings over time.

He waffled, so I asked him to offer me the same bet with UM and a top 7 class. He refused and said top 7 was too low. I laughed and reminded him that he'd just been laughing about UM being ranked No. 23 compared to FU's No. 3, but he isn't willing to bet (with odds in his favor) that FU ends in the top 5 (notwithstanding their current top 3 class) or that UM ends up outside the top 7. His mouth was running wild in one direction, but his wallet was saying "I expect UM's class to greatly improve in the final rankings while FU's class falls off."

Too easy.
You should have hit him with their favorite little slogan

1687293401132.gif

Advertisement
Back