IMG_6629.jpeg
IMG_6630.jpeg
IMG_6631.jpeg
IMG_6632.jpeg
IMG_6633.jpeg
IMG_6636.jpeg
IMG_6637.jpeg
IMG_6638.jpeg

So...the Jax airport is ALSO on the opposite side of town from Gainseville (north side of Jax). And a lot less of that drive (Jax-Hogtown) uses surface roads instead of interstates or toll expressways.

Either one (Jax/Orlando) is going to be quite a long drive.

I'd also point out that US 301 has all the "Dukes of Hazzard speed traps". I think I got 3 speeding tickets on 301 in one year, AND I KNEW THEY WERE THERE. ******* AAA had to issue a travel advisory. Not a joke.

View attachment 241334
Just drove down this yesterday since I’m moving to Jax. Had to go through Gainesville for the 2nd time ever, genuinely the ugliest town I’ve seen.

Waldo was tiny but actually had legit charm.

So I don’t get the gator mindset. Supposing Simmons sticks and reclassifies, so what? A 16 year old Simmons with no summer session is not unseating graham mertz this year. As bad as mertz is, he’s still a way better option. And then, they have the day 1 savior, greatest qb prospect ever, lagway coming next year. So, why on earth would Simmons come to a place where he has zero chance of ever being the starter, and would never be given a fair chance to win the job?

Advertisement
So I don’t get the gator mindset. Supposing Simmons sticks and reclassifies, so what? A 16 year old Simmons with no summer session is not unseating graham mertz this year. As bad as mertz is, he’s still a way better option. And then, they have the day 1 savior, greatest qb prospect ever, lagway coming next year. So, why on earth would Simmons come to a place where he has zero chance of ever being the starter, and would never be given a fair chance to win the job?
I don’t know. I never got this one with Simmons and I still don’t even get Lagway’s commitment.

I don’t know. I never got this one with Simmons and I still don’t even get Lagway’s commitment.
Kidding aside, I’ll give the same answer that was given to me when discussing why JoJo might go to Ohio State. I argued that it was not a strategic move, given the sheer volume of highly rated players they signed in the last two years and the fact that they have two other five star wide receivers committed. The response was essentially this - if you’re an alpha you don’t care who else is there. You believe that you are winning the job regardless, and that’s the type of player that you want on your team.

Strategically, it’s illogical for Simmons to go, anymore than it was for that ridiculous collection of USC running backs to all be competing for one spot in 2008. But players will convince themselves that they will win, regardless of depth or odds.

Advertisement
Just drove down this yesterday since I’m moving to Jax. Had to go through Gainesville for the 2nd time ever, genuinely the ugliest town I’ve seen.

My Uncle bought a chunk of land (20+ acres)in Waldo back in the 90's for pennies on the dollar. Not a whole lot there besides an outdoor flea market. Pretty much 100% rural. He had a Christmas tree farm next door. He did end up flipping the property for a decent gain which he parlayed to a pretty nice place on Lake Santa Fe.

Last edited:
Kidding aside, I’ll give the same answer that was given to me when discussing why JoJo might go to Ohio State. I argued that it was not a strategic move, given the sheer volume of highly rated players they signed in the last two years and the fact that they have two other five star wide receivers committed. The response was essentially this - if you’re an alpha you don’t care who else is there. You believe that you are winning the job regardless, and that’s the type of player that you want on your team.

Strategically, it’s illogical for Simmons to go, anymore than it was for that ridiculous collection of USC running backs to all be competing for one spot in 2008. But players will convince themselves that they will win, regardless of depth or odds.
I get that with WRs of that caliber choosing to go to a stacked situation like Hartline at Ohio State. ****, I get CBs choosing Neon and Corey Raymond. But choosing a situation like that where Lagway is committed and the OC/QB coach situation is Napier and O’Hara???

Why would any of them do that?

My lord that had almost a quarter of the playbook with some serious heavy hitters.

1) kid and one parent want UF, it’s the other parent that somehow controls everything and is a greedy super villain that is pushing the recruitment away from UF.

2) UF is once again the only school that stands on a higher moral ground. Everyone else is dirty especially when it comes to NIL

3) this one should be #1 but it flows better this way: UF is a top 5 school. I don’t know where they come up with this but here we are yet again. I believe they want to think they are a top 5 public school but they just aren’t

4) Recruit X will now shoot up the rankings now that he has gone to one of the dirty schools. UF finds all the hidden gems who then have their rankings suppressed because there is a conspiracy against UF. If by chance they flip, and that only happens when another school cheats or see #1, they will then shoot up the rankings.

Advertisement
I get that with WRs of that caliber choosing to go to a stacked situation like Hartline at Ohio State. ****, I get CBs choosing Neon and Corey Raymond. But choosing a situation like that where Lagway is committed and the OC/QB coach situation is Napier and O’Hara???

Why what any of them do that?

They are probably paying out the *** for Lagway because of what happened last cycle with Rashada. They don’t want that stigma on them and the quickest way to get rid of it is to overpay.

Also prob selling Lagway on immediate playing time with how bad their QB room is not mention SEC SEC SEC!!

Advertisement
They are probably paying out the *** for Lagway because of what happened last cycle with Rashada. They don’t want that stigma on them and the quickest way to get rid of it is to overpay.

Also prob selling Lagway on immediate playing time with how bad their QB room is not mention SEC SEC SEC!!
That’s the thing though. They vastly, vastly overpaid for Rashada, then on the eve on NSD decided…no. What guarantee does Lageay have that the same thing won’t happen to him? They could be promising him $100M per year. It doesn’t mean anything if they decide on the eleventh hour that the deal is void.

That’s the thing though. They vastly, vastly overpaid for Rashada, then on the eve on NSD decided…no. What guarantee does Lageay have that the same thing won’t happen to him? They could be promising him $100M per year. It doesn’t mean anything if they decide on the eleventh hour that the deal is void.

I’m guessing some money has most likely exchanged hands at this point especially with him just flying all the way in to “help” recruit you know since he’s their best recruiter lol.

They’ve had to show or make some guarantees at this point however there is that MLB draft proposition awaiting and no guarantee another school comes at him hard in the end

I’m guessing some money has most likely exchanged hands at this point especially with him just flying all the way in to “help” recruit you know since he’s their best recruiter lol.

They’ve had to show or make some guarantees at this point however there is that MLB draft proposition awaiting and no guarantee another school comes at him hard in the end
It would be hilarious if they had to pay him 80% of his NIL deal up front to get him to verbally commit, and then he still leaves for MLB or another school. With no chance to recoup the money, and having squandered their NIL fund.

Yeah, and while I joke about Hogtown (that was actually its name, I didn't make that up), there are a lot of nice small towns in north and central Florida that can be very nice. Fortunately, most small towns in Florida are within about an hour of a much bigger city.

There's a town about 10-15 miles south of Gainesville called Micanopy, it's very nice. That's where they filmed the Michael J. Fox movie "Doc Hollywood", which was about a big-city doctor who gets stuck in a small town when his car breaks down. Very appropriate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back