Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
The thing is, Nick Saban has built himself into an almost mythical figure in college football. Getting some one on one time with him as a recruit is probably impressive. It’s like getting to go for a ride in a TIE fighter with Darth Vader while being recruited to be a storm trooper. Going for a ride with Billy is like getting a ride from the guy who cleans the Death Star trash compactor. Not really impressive.
It really isn't impressive just because it happens at every school. Do they really think only Saban and Napier spend 1v1 time with top recruits. Pretty sure every top recruit and even lower rated ones get personal time with the head coach of every school they visit. It isn't anywhere near as special as Blakey wants the Gator fans to think it is.

1685799208666.png

1685799145538.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
It really isn't impressive just because it happens at every school. Do they really think only Saban and Napier spend 1v1 time with top recruits. Pretty sure every top recruit and even lower rated ones get personal time with the head coach of every school they visit. It isn't anywhere near as special as Blakey wants the Gator fans to think it is.
My point is that it's far more impressive to get one on one time with someone like Nick Saban than someone like Billy Napier. I mean, every school has a coach but they're not all equal.

Here is what is really ****ed up about this.

Slingblade Billy is CLEARLY leaking all the details to Balake Alderman, as if the reporting thereof will calm the skittish Gaytor fans.

I've already pointed out that Billy JUST started to employ this "genius recruiting tactic". Furthermore, if it was such a legendary badass "panty-dropper" move, he'd act like Saban and NOT publicize it himself, he'd just let the recruits tell other recruits and/or internet writers.

Instead, Slingblade is acting like a breathlesss little schoolgirl at recess, telling all her friends about the boys who passed her notes in class. As you accurately point out, Saban doesn't feel the need to brag about his technique, so I'm going to laugh when the recruits are able to contrast Saban's cool confidence with Slingblade's sweaty desperation.
That’s a good point. Saban just does it so it’s cool and it’s Saban. Sling Blade Billy’s recruiting staffers are trying to emulate it and it’s mechanical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The ride from Dave & Busters to Spurriers is a couple hundred yards.

Now I understand. The point of these short rides with Slingblade is to give the recruits AS LITTLE TIME AS POSSIBLE to talk with Billy...

View attachment 240483
View attachment 240484
Wait, they are seriously taking recruits to Dave & Busters? I don’t know anyone over the age of 10 that gets hype for that place anymore.

Advertisement
Back