Tears Gator Tears

1683345851981.png

1683345878745.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, @RVACane you know I love ya, you know I respect ya...

But THIS is a head corch who really is TERRIBLE in the Portal...as long as Mario doesn't do THIS, we'll be fine...

THIS is the definition of zero effort...

View attachment 237483
He’s worse than Mario in the portal. Mario has landed some good players, did it in the winter portal. Napier’s best came from ULL. Napier sucks.

Mario can dominate the trenches in recruiting. Napier won’t do that.

I am amazed at his WB recruiting though. It’s a paradox.

He’s the one our friendly neighborhood board favorite gator said they could have I think. Most of those Louisiana kids are LSU’s if they want them. I mean Bama took Davonta Smith from them and I think we got Citizen so it’s possible but it’s an uphill fight.

Most kids from John Curtis don’t end up at LSU.J T Curtis whose family founded the school doesn’t think much of LSU and steers his kids elsewhere if he can.He has a bad taste regarding LSU after ******** him over years ago regarding a job that was supposedly promised if he steered a kid there.

Not to say LSU doesn’t get some from time to time but getting a kid from Curtis is not as hard as you would think.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Might not even step foot on a college football field to be quite honest.
That would be the best case scenario for us. He stays committed to them, scaring away any other QB recruit. Practices as QB1 for them for a whole year while still pursuing baseball, and then leaves to go play baseball full time/long term.

It takes a long time to get that highlight workout video made and sent in for Billy to look at.

The most savage thing a recruit could do is make a highlight video and send it in of the crappy quarterback play under Billy last year and say

“ if you can get him drafted top 5 in the nfl after looking like this then I’ll be the #1 overall pick next year”

So, @RVACane you know I love ya, you know I respect ya...

But THIS is a head corch who really is TERRIBLE in the Portal...as long as Mario doesn't do THIS, we'll be fine...

THIS is the definition of zero effort...

View attachment 237483
These boys are doing FBI Top Secret level scrutiny before they'll see if the player wants to come visit? That's ******* backwards. If the player is good and fills a need you invite them for a visit right away. Then you know whether you even need to do the investigation and you have plenty of time to do it before they enroll. But hey, you keep doing it backwards billy, it's working so well. It is what it is.

Nothing will make you feel better about your own coaches like reading about how inept UF’s staff is
Napier is keeping them off of him for now by taking the Al Golden early commit special. He is just going to hang off Lagway’s leg for the next 7 months praying he doesn’t leave.

Advertisement
These boys are doing FBI Top Secret level scrutiny before they'll see if the player wants to come visit? That's ******* backwards. If the player is good and fills a need you invite them for a visit right away. Then you know whether you even need to do the investigation and you have plenty of time to do it before they enroll. But hey, you keep doing it backwards billy, it's working so well. It is what it is.

Agreed. AT LEAST you have conversations, you're not exactly "getting married" or "entering into a binding contracts" on a phone call or a visit.

The part that absolutely destroyed me is "but it's graduation weekend". Billy could look at the Portal Entry schedule (April 15 to April 30), realize that the FIRST AVAILABLE WEEKEND TO VISIT was the weekend of graduation, and then book a couple of dinners at restaurants.

Good lord, they are already ON PICTORIAL RECORD as being willing to serve catered macaroni-and-mayo to recruits, and Hogtown ain't fancy, so WHERE do the Gaytors house recruits and feed recruits that is SO CONVINCING to bag recruits, but which was otherwise unavailable because of parents coming in from out of town for graduation?

This is next-level negligence on Slingblade Billy's part...

Napier is keeping them off of him for now by taking the Al Golden early commit special. He is just going to hang off Lagway’s leg for the next 7 months praying he doesn’t leave.

Yeah, you really have to check out the Gaytor boards sometime.

After 5 minutes, you begin to realize that they have ALL OF THEIR CHIPS PUSHED IN that Lagway is going to be able to land them a Top 5 class, Lagway will be a Day 1 starter, and Lagway will change a decade's worth of coaching incompetence the minute he pulls on his helmet.

It's insane.

7ks4nx.jpg

Agreed. AT LEAST you have conversations, you're not exactly "getting married" or "entering into a binding contracts" on a phone call or a visit.

The part that absolutely destroyed me is "but it's graduation weekend". Billy could look at the Portal Entry schedule (April 15 to April 30), realize that the FIRST AVAILABLE WEEKEND TO VISIT was the weekend of graduation, and then book a couple of dinners at restaurants.

Good lord, they are already ON PICTORIAL RECORD as being willing to serve catered macaroni-and-mayo to recruits, and Hogtown ain't fancy, so WHERE do the Gaytors house recruits and feed recruits that is SO CONVINCING to bag recruits, but which was otherwise unavailable because of parents coming in from out of town for graduation?

IMG_0525.jpeg

Advertisement

Slingblade billy was gonna book some restaurants in tallahassee but found out it was graduation weekend there also..after that he just gave up. It is what it is lol.

Slingblade billy was gonna book some restaurants in tallahassee but found out it was graduation weekend there also..after that he just gave up. It is what it is lol.

What did I miss with this restaurant booking situation? Did Billy say he couldn’t host a dinner because everywhere was full?

What did I miss with this restaurant booking situation? Did Billy say he couldn’t host a dinner because everywhere was full?
Post #64665 by @TheOriginalCane had a quote by billy where he was basically saying they couldn't host recruits this weekend because it was graduation weekend and hotels and restaurants would be full. Foolish excuse for failing to get anybody to come in for a visit. It also looks like the article states that the gater has had only ONE portal visitor this year. He was quoted as saying 'it is what it is.' lololol If I'm the AD I'm using that exact line when I fire him.

Advertisement
Back