Tears Gator Tears

HalleyGator appears to have laid out a reasonable take of what broke down the Rashada deal - A Rundown

Halley is a mid level booster that is active in NIL negotiations. This is what he tweeted about the "$13 million deal"

> Imagine this:

> UM's NIL signed him at $6 million, then UF's NIL signed him for $7 million to steal him away. Total $13m.

> But if UM NIL sued and won $6m in damages... and UF NIL had to pay it while also paying the kid... then UF NIL would be on hook for $13m.

> Deal breaker.

So the $13M was not payment to Rashada, it was $7M to Rashada over 4 years and then up to $6M towards any claims Life Wallet made against Rashada for breaking the contract he signed with them (Cali law allows hs players to sign NIL deals).

> The UF NIL contract could've called for UF NIL to indemnify and hold harmless Reshada against any damages claim made by UM NIL for breach or tortious interference.

> Indemnity and Hold Harmless would be standard in a situation where someone KNOWS they are signing a contract in direct contradiction of another contract.

> UF NIL may not have even understood the language or what it obligated them to.

The story GC will tell (my guess here) is that Darren Heitner was aware of a poison pill in Rashada's contract that would allow Ruiz to sue for damages if Rashada reneged and signed elsewhere. He then allowed a clause to be put in the GC contract that would put the GC/GG on the hook to cover those damages and didn't inform them about the issue with Rashada's Life Wallet contract.

Now, given the bad press that would follow, Ruiz probably wouldn't sue the family unless he knew someone else was obligated to pay (GC in this case or another team) but the Rashada's would want that to be covered to protect themselves and the GC/GG would obviously not want to pay double what they were offering. Hence the endless finger pointing and claiming "no one is at fault".

Halley says he "isn't blind guessing" so this may be the closest we get to understanding the situation until/unless Life Wallet starts suing people.

That’s from the UF Gator Reddit
Rashada’s family greed really cost him big time.

They ain’t gunna be able to get anywhere near 6mil if his life wallet deal is really setup that way.

Talk about fumbling the bag.

Advertisement
I'm sorry, but Northern might be one of the dumbest "I pretend I'm bright" attorneys around.

He is acting like Rashada's compensation from Life Wallet is based on where a company has its headquarters. Wrong. It's where the services are performed.

Cormani was going to perform services for LifeWallet in California. Simple as that.

View attachment 225912
In California, like other places I’ve lived and in places I’ve previously practiced in, you need to name an Agent for Service in the state and register there. There are tons of companies crossing state boarders with transactions. Is he trying to say that a Florida company can’t advertise in California with NIL and be State of Florida/NCAA/NIL legal???

Oprah Winfrey Omg GIF

They do this every year..the delusional

Not sure what to say. We brought in 7 new guys so far, all of who will be here for spring. I would say there are at least 5 new starters among them, if not more. Around 1/4 of our 2023 starters.
I always look at UM and CFB different. I want first round types as my bar for UM at every spot cause it's possibleits been done before. I would say the Bama kid is the one gem. The rest (I may be forgetting another) I'm like meh u know. Even if they starters that doesn't mean they legit. It is however an improvement from the trash that got thrown away "or mutually part ways", we still got trash on the roster that should transfer out next cycle.

I always look at UM and CFB different. I want first round types as my bar for UM at every spot cause it's possibleits been done before. I would say the Bama kid is the one gem. The rest (I may be forgetting another) I'm like meh u know. Even if they starters that doesn't mean they legit. It is however an improvement from the trash that got thrown away "or mutually part ways", we still got trash on the roster that should transfer out next cycle.
I think the Bama kid will be solid, but I’m willing to bet he will not be the best transfer we got. Honestly, Deen to be is the safest bet of making the biggest impact.

Advertisement

My man, it's great that you want an all-star team of first rounders, but that's not what we recruit out of HS either, and you don't know who will pan out and who won't. In the meantime we got 7 kids from the portal so far, and I'd bet you money that at least 5 of them (I think four already are) end up 4-star transfer recruits.

So back to the original point, we have seven transfers committed so far, of which 5+ will probably start, and 5+ are rated 4-star transfers. So we have the #6 combined class. Because transfers come and play football too.

My man, it's great that you want an all-star team of first rounders, but that's not what we recruit out of HS either, and you don't know who will pan out and who won't. In the meantime we got 7 kids from the portal so far, and I'd bet you money that at least 5 of them (I think four already are) end up 4-star transfer recruits.

So back to the original point, we have seven transfers committed so far, of which 5+ will probably start, and 5+ are rated 4-star transfers. So we have the #6 combined class. Because transfers come and play football too.
They do but I just want difference makers man. Growing up watching the U they were everywhere. People say that's unrealistic but when I see UGA and Bama I see top level kids everywhere. So it is realistic. If we were Rutger fans I would know that's unrealistic but it's been done here before so it's possible.

They do but I just want difference makers man. Growing up watching the U they were everywhere. People say that's unrealistic but when I see UGA and Bama I see top level kids everywhere. So it is realistic. If we were Rutger fans I would know that's unrealistic but it's been done here before so it's possible.

I understand. Different convo though. And we will see who is a difference-maker or not this year. I'm pretty excited about the linemen.

Advertisement
HalleyGator appears to have laid out a reasonable take of what broke down the Rashada deal - A Rundown

Halley is a mid level booster that is active in NIL negotiations. This is what he tweeted about the "$13 million deal"

> Imagine this:

> UM's NIL signed him at $6 million, then UF's NIL signed him for $7 million to steal him away. Total $13m.

> But if UM NIL sued and won $6m in damages... and UF NIL had to pay it while also paying the kid... then UF NIL would be on hook for $13m.

> Deal breaker.

So the $13M was not payment to Rashada, it was $7M to Rashada over 4 years and then up to $6M towards any claims Life Wallet made against Rashada for breaking the contract he signed with them (Cali law allows hs players to sign NIL deals).

> The UF NIL contract could've called for UF NIL to indemnify and hold harmless Reshada against any damages claim made by UM NIL for breach or tortious interference.

> Indemnity and Hold Harmless would be standard in a situation where someone KNOWS they are signing a contract in direct contradiction of another contract.

> UF NIL may not have even understood the language or what it obligated them to.

The story GC will tell (my guess here) is that Darren Heitner was aware of a poison pill in Rashada's contract that would allow Ruiz to sue for damages if Rashada reneged and signed elsewhere. He then allowed a clause to be put in the GC contract that would put the GC/GG on the hook to cover those damages and didn't inform them about the issue with Rashada's Life Wallet contract.

Now, given the bad press that would follow, Ruiz probably wouldn't sue the family unless he knew someone else was obligated to pay (GC in this case or another team) but the Rashada's would want that to be covered to protect themselves and the GC/GG would obviously not want to pay double what they were offering. Hence the endless finger pointing and claiming "no one is at fault".

Halley says he "isn't blind guessing" so this may be the closest we get to understanding the situation until/unless Life Wallet starts suing people.

That’s from the UF Gator Reddit
Doesn’t totally sound true because remember the first time they said the first UF offer was more than ours, but he committed to us. Sooo they had to go substantially higher to get him to decommit from us and sign with them. $13million (an extra $7million) would definitely be substantial enough to flip him.

Advertisement
Ruiz has to take the fact that The Gaytes and GC/GG took our 5 Star Class Ambassador, GOAT QB, Generational Talent and all around great guy and he needs to pay them back by taking DJ Lagway. An Eye for an Eye!
I thought Mario was not interested in Lagway

Advertisement
No matter what spin they use, they were already fkd before this nil drama. They are putting a much less talented team out next year with a portal qb that is a certifiable bust. There’s internal drama with upperclassman at uif that didn’t transfer as well

Even if they keep lagway and he starts as a true frosh, his first game will be vs us who are stacking edges like Georgia and bama.

Calling it now miami 35 - Florida 3

Advertisement
Back