Tears Gator Tears

It’s getting worse for them. So sad. The Athletic just kills them here with this timeline

a couple of lowlights:
View attachment 224643

View attachment 224644
View attachment 224646

when you have reached the ”alignment” moment only two things you can really do… call Kirk herbstreit or go fight at a Waffle House

If I were a gator fan I'd be worried about all of the attention this is bringing the GC because we all know it's pay for play.

But, **** em

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is it really the case the GC has no assets or income? Is it a new entity (created to support UF NIL deals), or has it been operating previously as a booster club?

If it truly is a brand new entity with no money coming into its bank accounts and/or no history of previous revenues from dues, etc I could imagine some problems for the founders.

Presumably GC is organized and limited liability entity. But there are still things required in order to preserve the corporate form, including minimum capitalization requirements. In other words, you or I can't go form Canes Collective LLC, put no money in it, and turn around tomorrow and enter into a $13MM contract that we don't financially fulfill, without exposing ourselves to personal liability for the breach of contract.

I don't know if this is the situation for GC, but if they are brand new entity, with no money/capital and they entered into a $13MM contract that they can't honor...that's potentially a big problem for the founders.
NIL is new. The Gator Collective was formed in 2021 by Eddie Rojas a former UF baseball player who happens to have a financial brokerage firm as his primary career. He formed the Gator Collective to assist UF players in all sports to find NIL deals and in some cases to act as a 3rd party. The Collective ... according to what I read on the Gator site ... relies on different primary boosters for financial funding support for each sport. For football there is a booster, Hugh Hathcock, that is the main backer along with a group of 'million dollar donor buddies". The collective acts as an agent, draws up contracts, negotiates deals, and gets booster pledges to fund the NIL deals. They do have "subscribers" that pay a monthly fee and that provides some revenue that the Collective uses either as donations to UF, to fund NIL deals, and cover "operating costs". The collective itself does not have significant assets and the way it theoretically operates to fund a big NIL deal is a). A booster or booster group agrees that they will fund up to X amount to cover an NIL then b). the GC acting as an agent negotiates the deal and executes a BINDING contract.

What apparently happened here is that the Gator Collective either had the pledge from the booster(s) to cover the Rashada NIL deal or Rojas THOUGHT he would get the pledge and went ahead on his own and executed the contract. No idea what actually happened. But in December the GC sent a Termination letter ... as an attempt to back out of the executed agreement ... and the stipulated initial "up front payment" was not made. The Collective failed to pay and is in default. Not a good look for the Gators. In Gainesville everybody is pointing fingers and Hugh Hathcock, the 'reported' donor who allegedly backed out, will not take phone calls (He owns Velocity Automotive a large car dealer service company).

To the lawyers....If Rashada signs anywhere but the Gators for less than the UM deal. Wouldn't he have a provable financial loss ripe for a lawsuite?
I apologize if this as already been asked?

To the lawyers....If Rashada signs anywhere but the Gators for less than the UM deal. Wouldn't he have a provable financial loss ripe for a lawsuite?
I apologize if this as already been asked?

I don’t think so.

He willingly walked away from one contract to sign the other. Unless you can prove they never planned to pay him the value of the Gator Guard contract, he can’t count as damages or lost wages.

Advertisement
Hope for the best but history tells us…

e8845ed0f69860acbceaae5869f60b3c0b7ad153.gif

I don’t think so.

He willingly walked away from one contract to sign the other. Unless you can prove they never planned to pay him the value of the Gator Guard contract, he can’t count as damages or lost wages.

I think this is why the gators would like this to go away quietly which is an understaoat this point but as quickly and quietly and not let lawyers get their hands on any emails documents texts etc…

Last edited:
I don’t think so.

The NIL contract is with the Gator Collective, the entity managed by Eddie Rojas, not the Gator Guard. Question is did the Collective negotiate and execute a contract without having the funds pledged FROM the Gator Guard (Hugh Hathcock) to cover the NIL, or did the Gator Guard (Hathcock and his millionaire donor buddies) initially pledge the funds and then later change their mind (too much $$ for a HS kid). Bottom line is that the Gator Collective negotiated and executed a NIL contract, later tried to "terminate" the agreement, and then failed to fulfill the initial payment according to the payment schedule in the agreement. The Gator Collective is certainly liable and it appears to be a very clear breach of contract. Comments from the Gator ON3 board mentioned that the Collective was trying to negotiate a lesser amount, similar to what Life Wallet had originally offered, and also mentioned that they might simply try to give the Rashadas some cash to go away and release Rashada from the LOI. The collateral damage however is done ... UF for all practical purposes currently has NO NIL PROGRAM as the Collective is now a laughing stock and potentially facing serious litigation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
HasNoCock donated 13 million last year BY HIMSELF NO LESS( how much did they pay out counting all their boosters? ATM money 🤷‍♂️) But the turds want everyone to believe they aren’t paying anyone .

Advertisement
Not making this political whatsoever but my buddy text me saying “ Wow the Rashada story is on Fox News.com now”

I went and checked… here’s some snippets.

View attachment 224775

View attachment 224776

Check the date in the article they said he received a termination letter and check the date of Lagway committing.....

Check the date in the article they said he received a termination letter and check the date of Lagway committing.....

Wow

Advertisement
Back