Tears Gator Tears

Eh. Too bad both teams couldn’t lose but would’ve been better to have a gator win. 9-3 is a little too successful for Mike. He prob won’t parlay it into the recruiting success you need to win a trophy, but it helps. Blowing it to the gator would’ve been better for us but yeah it obviously hurts sun belt bill.
You’re in the wrong thread man. Nole Tears is where you want to be.

Advertisement
Eh. Too bad both teams couldn’t lose but would’ve been better to have a gator win. 9-3 is a little too successful for Mike. He prob won’t parlay it into the recruiting success you need to win a trophy, but it helps. Blowing it to the gator would’ve been better for us but yeah it obviously hurts sun belt bill.
I understand where your head is at, but here's why I slightly disagree.

This is Memphis Mike's ceiling. He's a pretty decent offensive mind that relies heavily on misdirection and eye candy. He's been a very good portal evaluator over the years, and especially hit the trifecta with Benson, Johnny Wilson, and Verse. They're all probably going pro. Travis might have played himself into an early Day 3/maybe late Day 2 pick with his raw athleticism. Not saying he'll go pro, but there's at least some discussion now.

Like you said, Memphis Mike probably won't parlay this season's success in regards to a successful recruiting class. He just isn't a phenomenal recruiter. They'll have to hit a slam dunk in the portal once again, only this time...there will be A LOT more interest in portal guys than ever before (in terms of national talent acquisition). Furthermore, NIL is going to be at the forefront of said portal hunting, and we all know FSU isn't currently in a position to compete financially with the likes of other programs that desperately need an infusion of talented football players (Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Tennessee, UF, USC, Texas A&M, LSU, Texas, etc.). I expect regression from them next year - especially after potentially losing your top WR, top RB, olinemen, top pass rusher, etc. They'd have to hit a slam dunk on a ton more evals.

Billy also has a bit of a QB issue on his hands. Richardson ain't going pro, and we know the Rashada camp is quite impatient. Let's see what happens when Richardson starts again next season...that is, if Rashada ever makes it to campus (hint = 🚂 needs a QB at his new home, wonder who he might look to...)

I'm not too worried about FSU. I'd rather UF be mired in mediocrity and get impatient again. We're going toe-to-toe with them for most of our recruits right now, not FSU.

This is Memphis Mike's ceiling. He's a pretty decent offensive mind that relies heavily on misdirection and eye candy. He's been a very good portal evaluator over the years, and especially hit the trifecta with Benson, Johnny Wilson, and Verse. They're all probably going pro. Travis might have played himself into an early Day 3/maybe late Day 2 pick with his raw athleticism. Not saying he'll go pro, but there's at least some discussion now.

Like you said, Memphis Mike probably won't parlay this season's success in regards to a successful recruiting class. He just isn't a phenomenal recruiter. They'll have to hit a slam dunk in the portal once again, only this time...there will be A LOT more interest in portal guys than ever before (in terms of national talent acquisition). Furthermore, NIL is going to be at the forefront of said portal hunting, and we all know FSU isn't currently in a position to compete financially with the likes of other programs that desperately need an infusion of talented football players (Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Tennessee, UF, USC, Texas A&M, LSU, Texas, etc.). I expect regression from them next year - especially after potentially losing your top WR, top RB, olinemen, top pass rusher, etc. They'd have to hit a slam dunk on a ton more evals.

Billy also has a bit of a QB issue on his hands. Richardson ain't going pro, and we know the Rashada camp is quite impatient. Let's see what happens when Richardson starts again next season...that is, if Rashada ever makes it to campus (hint = 🚂 needs a QB at his new home, wonder who he might look to...)

I'm not too worried about FSU. I'd rather UF be mired in mediocrity and get impatient again. We're going toe-to-toe with them for most of our recruits right now, not FSU.
If Rashada bounced to Ole Miss that would be glorious. Ole Miss would need a big bag. I know there’s money there. How much I don’t know.

Advertisement

This is Memphis Mike's ceiling. He's a pretty decent offensive mind that relies heavily on misdirection and eye candy. He's been a very good portal evaluator over the years, and especially hit the trifecta with Benson, Johnny Wilson, and Verse this season. They're all probably going pro. Travis might have played himself into an early Day 3/maybe late Day 2 pick with his raw athleticism. Not saying he'll go pro, but there's at least some discussion now.

Can’t disagree with any of this. Excellent intelligent post. The only thing I’ll say is that I said about 50x I the nole tears thread that 7-5 or maybe 8-4 for fsu is best case for us because it’ll give fsu fans hope, they’ll keep Mike for the source of “progress”, but he won’t recruit for **** and it’ll be wash, rinse, repeat. But 9-3 starts to turn that just a little bit. They flipped Glenn. They have Keem (for now). They’re pushing for Baxter. 9-3 can give him some momentum on the trail. Let’s see if he capitalizes on it, but yeah I think you’re right, he won’t and this is his ceiling. Exact same thing I’ve been saying for a couple years now.

If Rashada bounced to Ole Miss that would be glorious. Ole Miss would need a big bag. I know there’s money there. How much I don’t know.
What if it's not Ole Miss with the bags, but another SEC West program that currently has a trash QB...so you can pay him the bag and sell him on immediate playing time....

Let's see what happens. Step #1 is the Lane Train heading over to Auburn.

What if it's not Ole Miss with the bags, but another SEC West program that currently has a trash QB...so you can pay him the bag and sell him on immediate playing time....

Yeah that’s right. Auburn has big bags and can do it. I could see it.

Advertisement
Andy Jean must have loved what he saw in person with the UiF offense.

DEC0B26C-5581-42B3-A851-F76F13B73C81.jpeg

He sucks on the trail. Winning isn’t going to move the needle much for him. Napier is by far the bigger recruiting threat. Him not winning is better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can’t disagree with any of this. Excellent intelligent post. The only thing I’ll say is that I said about 50x I the nole tears thread that 7-5 or maybe 8-4 for fsu is best case for us because it’ll give fsu fans hope, they’ll keep Mike for the source of “progress”, but he won’t recruit for **** and it’ll be wash, rinse, repeat. But 9-3 starts to turn that just a little bit. They flipped Glenn. They have Keem (for now). They’re pushing for Baxter. 9-3 can give him some momentum on the trail. Let’s see if he capitalizes on it, but yeah I think you’re right, he won’t and this is his ceiling. Exact same thing I’ve been saying for a couple years now.
100% agree, and I don’t want them to get any traction on trail. It’s already bad enough we need to deal with UF.
I’m honestly shocked, not only the Noles turn around and their record this season but how well Norvel has this team playing. I looked at their roster at the beginning of the season and predicted they would win 5 or 6 games.
He did well in portal, Travis has improved, their OL is light years better than last year, and they are executing. Glad UF lost and hopefully the Noles take a step back this year, but I’m not happy with their success this season.

I’m hoping UF misses on all their evals.
If Reshada sticks with UF, I hope he busts and they are on the hook for at least part of that 11 million for a couple of years.

This ****s too funny.
Two months ago, after thier opener, and his lack luster performance against Utah when he threw for 150 yards, they were convinced he was going to win the hiesman.
He’s coming back and they will have the same problem next year. Gotta love it.
Two days a solid number of them were talking about him as a 1st rounder.

Advertisement
Back