Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Woah. Do you mean close as in announced potentially or close as in starting the negotiations with other ACC teams?

I really figured the SEC wouldn’t want Miami. Big 10 yes. SEC, it would be shocking to me.

Prepare yourself...

1657042979468.png

I was told last week there was the chance of a conference announcement as soon as before the season.
This would make sense. This is officially an arms race. I suspect Big 10 is trying to seal up a deal with ND and SEC doesn't want to get "left behind".

Advertisement
them boys dont understand Mario is trying to replace Miami 01, he aint worried about being UF or Bama he has larger goals then the mediocre SEC. n When this station is at full power we aint worried about these peasants. We will have to schedule NFL teams
star wars jedi GIF

They will not be able to sustain firepower of that magnitude!

Wait what? He should have dominated the Pac12? He took a Willie Taggart team that finished 7-6, and went 9-4 in his first year, won the Pac12 and was Pac12 coach of the year in year 2, won the Pac12 again in year 3, and won the Pac12 North in year 4. I would ask if the UF fans are brain damaged,but that would be a rhetorical question.

Advertisement
62-60…62-60. That’s all they can parrot with out seeing that Mario took over at an 0-12 FIU and brought them to their first bowl game.
You really can’t do anything but laugh at the overall record comments. This is nothing like us clowning Taggart's record when he went to fsu (newsflash - we were correct). Mario performed a miracle at the university of sweetwater. Fiu had 15 wins in their history when he arrived. He coached them 5 seasons, won the conference (only time in school history) and went to 2 bowl games. In 15 seasons not coached by cristobal, they’ve been to 3 bowl games. Okay, a down year and an argument with Pete Garcia, and he’s fired. Fair enough.

Fast forward a few years (during which time he literally won the award for best recruiter in the country) and he’s a head coach for a P5 team. Fast forward a few more years and he’s won that P5 conference twice and a rose bowl. No matter how much the gayta and noles want to console themselves with the "wasted Herbert" and "couldn't win anything meaningful" takes - proof of concept has been established.

I’m guessing the point they’re trying to make is Billy > Mario because Billy was reallllly good when he coached in the sunbelt. You’d just have to ignore the fact that Lafayette has been playing football since 1901, the previous coach had been to 5 consecutive bowl games and won the sunbelt twice prior to hiring nappier. Not exactly comparing apples to apples when debating Fiu ca. 2006 and ULL ca. 2018.

Mario, at fiu, won a non-conference game against a team outside the state of Florida - something no Florida coach has done since 1989. Mario, at Oregon, won his conference and a NY6 bowl, something not done in the same season at Florida since 2008.

I was told last week there was the chance of a conference announcement as soon as before the season.
Cribby, not to take any credit away from Coach Cristobal & staff and the amazing job they are doing, but do you think some of our high profile recruits are being told about possible joining the SEC. Could this be another selling point for all these recruits to commit. Thanks a head of time for any response. @Cribby

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
Cribby, not to take any credit away from Coach Cristobal & staff and the amazing job they are doing, but do you think some of our high profile recruits are being told about possible joining the SEC. Could this be another selling point for all these recruits to commit. Thanks a head of time for any response. @Cribby

Signed,

Peruche
I don’t think that’s something you’d talk about , at least during negotiations. Mario is just that good and then mix in the Nil = perfect storm.

Advertisement
I don't care what Mario's record at FIU was a decade ago. The fact is he was 35-13 as head coach at P5 Oregon. One of those losses was in the bowl game as an interim coach after Willie Taggart took the FSU job. There's only like 5 active coaches with a better P5 win percentage.

You know what Billy Napier's P5 coaching win percentage is? 0%.

Advertisement
Back