Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Five hours with no tears, bump

Maybe this will wet your whistle until our esteemed colleagues start getting today's screen shots. Here are UF's results against us for the past 40 years right from their website.

Correct me if Im wrong, but it seems based on wins, championships, NFL players and Hall of Famers, we have a more successful past. All that success we've had while having 2 championships stolen, a bogus sanction, an administration who didnt give a **** about the football program for half this time (sad part is theirs was trying like **** to build a winner this whole time), and an SEC cover where they could cheat without consequence.

Seems like our present and future about to be better too.

8/24/20192019NeutralOrlando, FLW 24 - 20
9/7/20132013AwayMiami Gardens, FLL 16 - 21
9/6/20082008HomeGainesville, FLW 26 - 3
12/31/20042004AwayAtlanta, Ga.L 10 - 27
9/6/20032003AwayMiami, FLL 33 - 38
9/7/20022002HomeGainesville, FLL 16 - 41
1/2/20012000AwayNew Orleans, LAL 20 - 37
9/5/19871987AwayMiami, FLL 4 - 31
9/6/19861986HomeGainesville, FLL 15 - 23
9/7/19851985AwayMiami, FLW 35 - 23
9/1/19841984NeutralTampa, FLL 20 - 32
9/3/19831983HomeGainesville, FLW 28 - 3
9/4/19821982HomeGainesville, FLW 17 - 14

Last edited:
Advertisement
I looked up Gators OL coach Darnell Stapleton. His bio on Gators website says he started his career as the head coach of the New York Sharks in 2011.

The New York Sharks are a womens football team. Can’t make this **** up.

View attachment 195949

View attachment 195948
WTF. On a serious note - on what world would someone with his experience be considered a good OL coach hire at any national title contending school. I mean, serious delusion. Just like good QBs, if you need to play 2, it usually means you don't have 1.

In the infinite void called Gator brain, no one has been able to instill in there that Mario has a much better coaching staff than he had at Oregon. Coaches are as good as their assistants. Don't care who he is. Mario is not a coordinator, he is a OL coach. Not some x and o genius. So how come he get blame for playcalling and QB development?
This has been my argument too. Whether you want to give him credit or blame him for individual offensive player performance, it doesn't really matter. He's not the offensive coordinator or the QB coach. So whether or not you believe Justin Herbert was "used correctly" it has very little to do with Mario Cristobal.

Now, he is responsible for hiring coordinators so if the offense or defense tanks, it's essentially on him. He has caught some flak for preferring conservative play callers. If Miami doesn't have an explosive offense this year, it's on him to find a coordinator who will make it explosive.

That resume is fine for a guy coaching at ULL after stints at Bucknell and Sam Houston State. It’s not what you’d expect to see in what should be an upper tier SEC school with 1 year at ULL.

I don’t know, others are more qualified than me to assess that. He is like an Assistant OL Coach I guess since Sale is there.

No, man, you are JUST AS QUALIFIED to assess that as anyone, including recruits.

I've said it before about other guys on the staff, so I'll apply it to Stapleton. He might be the greatest guy ever. He might be an amazing teacher of football. He might be an amazing recruiter.

But when HS coaches and recruits are capable of using Google, and they see that resume of jobs and/or players-developed-previously, the are NOT impressed. First impressions are everything. Recruits care a lot more about, say, Kevin Steele's stats and former players than they do about the weird internal politics at Auburn or Tennessee.

I feel like I'm giving the exam answer sheet to the Gaytors...but I also know they are dumb enough not to use it...but that G5 staph is gonna be the death of Billy.

But to quote YOU quoting some little independent movie from the 1980s....

1657033565377.png

Advertisement
That resume is fine for a guy coaching at ULL after stints at Bucknell and Sam Houston State. It’s not what you’d expect to see in what should be an upper tier SEC school with 1 year at ULL.

I don’t know, others are more qualified than me to assess that. He is like an Assistant OL Coach I guess since Sale is there.

Up until Mario, we had those ****** resumes among our staff. Banda the only one who overcame it, and he should have been forced to do so at a lower P5/G5 before learning on the job at Miami. All the rest sucked *** -- Patke, Rumph (yeah, I know he's redeemed himself, but lixo as our CB coach), baby Richt, Brendan Carroll, Ice Harris, Clint Hurtt (1 year at FIU??), probably forgetting several. We saw how that impacted us with recruits. UiF going down the drain quickly. And the SEC is not a forgiving conference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we give full credit to GatorBoy4270 for being right about one thing? That getting Rashada can help in getting Mauigoa. So glad he turned out right . 😀
It is cruel of God to give GatorBoy4270 the critical thinking required to come to such logical conclusions but also grant him the stupidity of being a gaytor fan

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back