Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Getting Kinsler would be a major pull for us. I don't think he's a world-beater OL, but he's right in their backyard. It also would show we can recruit in any part of the state. Just look at the geographic diversity of our in-state commits thus far.

Not to get sappy all, but wanted to let you know how much I appreciate everyone here. Been stuck in a room the last four days with the rona and this thread has just kept my spirits up. God bless you all
Feel better bud. I thought I was impervious to it like an ******* but it finally took me down pretty bad this summer.

You already know how much I hate the gators, always have, always will.

But I’m going try to give an objective opinion here, even though it is one that fits my agenda.

This latest revelation about Sling Blade, confirms to me that the guy is tone deaf, lacks good people instincts, and simply does not know how to lead.

How any good leader in their right mind would think that forcing his players to contribute money to an association, when they really don’t even have a salary, is insane. Even if they were being paid a salary, I would chafe at my boss telling me I had to contribute, most people would resent this.

He simply does not know his audience nor how to lead them. His instincts are all wrong.

Here’s something else that I continue to notice about him and I think is in part of reason why he leaves such a negative impression and why his recruiting is circling the toilet. Look at his personal appearance. It’s horrible. He looks unkempt, unshaven, and unhygienic.

You may think that’s such a silly point, such a minor thing, but it isn’t. He doesn’t understand the audience that he’s targeting for recruiting. I guarantee you that the mothers of these athletes take one look at him and form a negative impression. You have to understand the people you’re targeting, and moms aren’t looking for some scruffy unshaven goofball hick to lead their children.

Think of coaches that are considered good recruiters, and I’ll tell you one thing they have in common, is that they have a presentable appearance, and don’t look like unshaven dirty bums.

I’m calling it now, and I’ll leave myself open to all kind of criticism and receipts, I don’t care, this guy is guaranteed to fail. I guarantee it. The only thing I hope for is it it takes three or four years so he really drives that program into the ground. I hope he’s not fired in a couple of years. I want him to bury this program.

If you remember with Mcsharkfūcker, I called his demise before anyone else did. The first time I heard about him complaining about the so-called threats, I knew that was it - I knew he was going to be fired. And I said so on here. If anybody wants to bother looking that up, they can. It’s in here somewhere.

My gut, and the accumulation of these clues we are getting about his leadership, his appearance, his lack of success so far in recruiting, and his behavioral patterns, tell me this guy is going to slowly put a stake through the Florida gators.

I am so here for this.

You pretty much nailed it. And while I'm not really a credible "you made a long post, let me do a short post" kind of a guy, allow me to do a Princess Bride summation of Billy's assets...

1. Supposed "great recruiting acumen" has now been exposed as coattail-riding of Dabo at Clemson and Mario at Alabama, and the results at Florida (thus far) are disastrous when Billy got a chance to drive the car on his own.

2. Pretty well acknowledged by even his biggest fans that he is not a great game-day coach.

3. Has shown a bizarre tendency to hire inexperienced coaches to coach at a famously-low-patience fanbase, outside of Corey Raymond, all the rest of his coaches have less than 30 years COMBINED at P5 schools (and I previously incorrectly treated Army as a P5 school).

4. Speaking of low-patience, the BEST things that people have said about Billy at Louisiana is that he does weird stuff, but you have to be patient, and eventually it will all pay off in the long run - BUT NOW HE COACHES FOR GAYTORZ BRANDZ NATION YO.

5. Billy does not even have a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak.

I realize that Gaytor sunshine pumpers will point out that he hasn't even coached a game yet, and he hasn't even lost a game yet, but I look at the Gaytor schedule this year and I see six to eight losses. So Billy won't even get the benefit of "hey, we're starting to improve" when he tries to get some last minute verbals in December and January.

FORTY. MILLION. DOLLARS...

All them Gaytor fans gonna be cancelling their Gaytor Guard contributions like
1656693281507.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I suppose this is also Ruiz and NIL’s fault and nothing to do with Billy???
Didn’t you hear about Ruiz’s vendetta against UF?

He’s paying kids NIL and putting in the contracts that they can’t commit to the school in Gainesville or else the deal is void

..is probably what some **** fan will say.

You pretty much nailed it. And while I'm not really a credible "you made a long post, let me do a short post" kind of a guy, allow me to do a Princess Bride summation of Billy's assets...

1. Supposed "great recruiting acumen" has now been exposed as coattail-riding of Dabo at Clemson and Mario at Alabama, and the results at Florida (thus far) are disastrous when Billy got a chance to drive the car on his own.

2. Pretty well acknowledged by even his biggest fans that he is not a great game-day coach.

3. Has shown a bizarre tendency to hire inexperienced coaches to coach at a famously-low-patience fanbase, outside of Corey Raymond, all the rest of his coaches have less than 30 years COMBINED at P5 schools (and I previously incorrectly treated Army as a P5 school).

4. Speaking of low-patience, the BEST things that people have said about Billy at Louisiana is that he does weird stuff, but you have to be patient, and eventually it will all pay off in the long run - BUT NOW HE COACHES FOR GAYTORZ BRANDZ NATION YO.

5. Billy does not even have a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak.

I realize that Gaytor sunshine pumpers will point out that he hasn't even coached a game yet, and he hasn't even lost a game yet, but I look at the Gaytor schedule this year and I see six to eight losses. So Billy won't even get the benefit of "hey, we're starting to improve" when he tries to get some last minute verbals in December and January.

FORTY. MILLION. DOLLARS...

All them Gaytor fans gonna be cancelling their Gaytor Guard contributions like
View attachment 194300

I just hope he last at least three or four years. Please.

Feel better bud. I thought I was impervious to it like an ******* but it finally took me down pretty bad this summer
My exact feeling. I never get sick and even got the vaccine so when my wife started showing symptoms I was like "I knew it wouldn't touch me" and here I am 2 days later eating crow and feeling like 💩

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back