Tears Gator Tears

I saw that thread and KNEW yall would be all over it (as y’all should be) because that’s a ridiculous thing to say

Yes. In particular, what really sticks out to me, is that everything is projection. I have no problems if, in a year or two, the Gaytor fans hail the defensive coaches as the best, based on production, based on recruiting, etc.

But until then, it's just a bunch of resume lines. No idea on cohesion and chemistry. No clue on whether the returning players can execute the defense properly (especially without throwing shoes).

To the Gaytor fans who want to crown their (as yet partially unhired) defensive staff as the best in the country, I would say...

1641571042430.png

Advertisement
Vikings fan and I certainly don't understand the appeal of Karl Scott. Defense has been abysmal, particularly in the secondary, after being reported "reloaded and back to being one of the top Ds" in August...is this one of those "he worked at bama for a wee bit so by principle will be the GOAT" things? Because a coach from a bottom 8 defense in yards allowed/penalties seems very underwhelming to me.

Screenshot_20220107-111804_Chrome.jpg

Miami's class vs. UF's class this year is going to be really telling. Hedwig Napier got hired first and had more time to build their transition class. UF was also way ahead of Miami in recruiting when Mullet and Manny were fired.

If these two coaches are of even caliber, Hedwig should lap Mario because he had two significant advantages head-to-head.

If Mario pulls in a better class than UF, well then if I were a Gator fan I'd be really worried about future recruiting vs. Miami.

Miami's class vs. UF's class this year is going to be really telling. Hedwig Napier got hired first and had more time to build their transition class. UF was also way ahead of Miami in recruiting when Mullet and Manny were fired.

If these two coaches are of even caliber, Hedwig should lap Mario because he had two significant advantages head-to-head.

If Mario pulls in a better class than UF, well then if I were a Gator fan I'd be really worried about future recruiting vs. Miami.

To be honest, I full expect Miami and UF to pull in a top 20 class this cycle with an outside shot at a top 15ish range. If you go by 247 at the moment, in my opinion, only LSU and Clemson who are ranked outside of the top 15 have just as a good of a chance to finish NSD strongly.

My expectations for both classes, Miami and UF, is to be in the top 10 in recruiting for 2023. Just because we both had clown coaches the last few years and other programs pulled away from us in recruiting, dont mean it will stay like that nor should it. A better recruiting infrastructure and attention to detail by both schools now with the men in charge we both have will reap benefits immediately imo

****, ill even throw FSU a bone and include them. For whatever reason and whatever he’s selling, Norvell cam attract kids to being highly interested in FSU. If that clown scraps to 7+ wins next year, he’ll pull in a good class too.

Should we get Etienne tomorrow and get Bull Dudley and Caleb Douglas, that’s almost 20th. Our issue is idk how many kids from HS we can sign because we haven’t had the amount of attrition leave smh

Advertisement
****, ill even throw FSU a bone and include them. For whatever reason and whatever he’s selling, Norvell cam attract kids to being highly interested in FSU. If that clown scraps to 7+ wins next year, he’ll pull in a good class too.
You mean the hot mid-major coach who moves up a level and gets exposed as a JAG?

Let's revisit your post in 24 months to see how the latest version — one 60 miles from Baton Rouge whom LSU passed on — does when he hits the big time 😏

Vikings fan and I certainly don't understand the appeal of Karl Scott. Defense has been abysmal, particularly in the secondary, after being reported "reloaded and back to being one of the top Ds" in August...is this one of those "he worked at bama for a wee bit so by principle will be the GOAT" things? Because a coach from a bottom 8 defense in yards allowed/penalties seems very underwhelming to me.

View attachment 171104

Truly appreciate your thoughts on this. This is the kind of thing that is hard for any random fan to assess completely, as we can't all be experts on all 120 college teams AND 32 pro teams (unless our log-in name is @Liberty City El ). Plus the USFL will be starting up soon...

Yeah, I have to question the context in which not one, but TWO separate NFL coaches are leaving reasonably decent franchises (I could understand Lions coaches jumping ship) to join the Gaytors and some G5-to-P5 coach. Did I miss something? When Urban left Utah for Florida, he was also being courted by some of the best programs around, including Notre Dame. Who did the Gaytors out-maneuver to get Billy Gaypier, and how is he so "widely-respected" that he's pulling down top-shelf talent right out of the box?

So now this rando G5 guy is assembling the "best defensive staff in the country" in Year 1? Doesn't seem to be likely. But this is certainly "on-Gaytor-Brandz" for them to brag about guys based on resume lines. Yes, Karl Scott would be coming from the NFL. Yes, he was at Bama for a short time. But can the Gaytor fans point to any specific coaching and/or recruiting accomplishments (not resume lines, but actual accomplishments)? Because, hey, maybe Karl Scott will set the college football world on fire next season. But if I'm going to give him advance credit ON DAY 1, I want to see actual accomplishments, and not just prior employers and dates.

Advertisement
It is. That was the box lunch from Fyre Festival. It was supposed to be some restaurant-quality thing, with artisan bread and cheese...and it's clearly not...

It’s so weird I remembered that. I don’t even know where I saw it, I watched a couple of those Fyre documentaries I think it was at least a year ago or two years ago. That was around the same time I saw couple of those fascinating Elizabeth Holmes documentaries

To be honest, I full expect Miami and UF to pull in a top 20 class this cycle with an outside shot at a top 15ish range. If you go by 247 at the moment, in my opinion, only LSU and Clemson who are ranked outside of the top 15 have just as a good of a chance to finish NSD strongly.

My expectations for both classes, Miami and UF, is to be in the top 10 in recruiting for 2023. Just because we both had clown coaches the last few years and other programs pulled away from us in recruiting, dont mean it will stay like that nor should it. A better recruiting infrastructure and attention to detail by both schools now with the men in charge we both have will reap benefits immediately imo

Should we get Etienne tomorrow and get Bull Dudley and Caleb Douglas, that’s almost 20th. Our issue is idk how many kids from HS we can sign because we haven’t had the amount of attrition leave smh
If Clemson, LSU, Miami, and Florida finish strong then that would bring FSU out of the top 15 and closer to 20th. Wouldn’t exactly call that a strong class

Advertisement
I think it was Tim Brewster. Jalen Ramsey called him out for trying to give Jimbo credit for developing him as a corner.

I thought it was Jimbos old QB. His name escapes me. I only remember that because he added himself to the list lol

Advertisement

He attracted talent this year because he had Hunter recruiting for him the entire year and then it ended lol

He also attracted talent because UM and UF essentially gave up on recruiting all together the last half of the year.

Advertisement
Back