Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Screenshot_20210715-153832_Twitter.jpg

tenor (23).gif

Advertisement
This is awesome. Will never understand how some fans think their program is better than another program when you have these glaring of facts. FSU would look similar to this as well. How any of them think their program all time is better than ours is delusion
Lmfao at the 51% in favor of UF for Humphrey. That is so obvious he’s being more optimistic than he should be. Where is he getting the 1% tilting the scale in their favor??😂 Kid is not sticking with them. And absolutely no chance Kamari Wilson ends up a gator but this guy’s “close to putting him in the mock class” oh brother 😂😂

Lmfao at the 51% in favor of UF for Humphrey. That is so obvious he’s being more optimistic than he should be. Where is he getting the 1% tilting the scale in their favor??😂 Kid is not sticking with them. And absolutely no chance Kamari Wilson ends up a gator but this guy’s “close to putting him in the mock class” oh brother 😂😂
And this dude was a writer and hosted a gaytor podcast as well.

From Stewart Mandel's Mailbag (TheAthletic):

The Gators are expected to be underdogs against Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. If they are competitive but lose all three (and win the rest) how should Florida fans feel? Kind of meh? — Scott N., Raleigh, N.C.

That strikes me as close to a best-case scenario for Florida this season. The Gators had arguably their best season in more than a decade last year (prior to the Cotton Bowl debacle) and still lost to Texas A&M, LSU and Alabama (in the SEC title game). And I assume most Florida fans are at least somewhat realistic that this could be a bit of a rebuilding year after losing quarterback Kyle Trask, who threw for 4,283 yards and 43 TDs in 12 games; a generational tight end in Kyle Pitts; and leading receiver Kadarius Toney. There’s a whole lot riding on quarterback Emory Jones, who’s played only sparingly to this point, and a transfer running back, Clemson’s Demarkcus Bowman, who brings with him five-star recruiting hype but just nine college carries.

But of course, if you’re a Florida fan old enough to remember the Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer eras, you might feel that 9-3 should never be a “best-case scenario” for Florida football. Those guys regularly contended for national titles and rarely had a down year. Fair point. Dan Mullen has recruited well, but not to the elite level of those guys (or Ron Zook and Will Muschamp, for that matter), so it’s harder to envision the Gators seamlessly reloading.

I’m just being realistic. I think there’s a better chance Florida slips to 7-5 than rises to 11-1. In addition to those three, road games at Kentucky and Missouri could be tricky. If that happens, Florida fans will undoubtedly panic, but through three seasons, Mullen is 19-7 in the SEC with two top 10 finishes and three straight New Year’s Six bowls. That’s pretty good. I’m willing to give him a pass if there’s some slippage in 2021 — so long as it’s temporary.

Advertisement

The Gators are expected to be underdogs against Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. If they are competitive but lose all three (and win the rest) how should Florida fans feel? Kind of meh? — Scott N., Raleigh, N.C.

That strikes me as close to a best-case scenario for Florida this season. The Gators had arguably their best season in more than a decade last year (prior to the Cotton Bowl debacle) and still lost to Texas A&M, LSU and Alabama (in the SEC title game). And I assume most Florida fans are at least somewhat realistic that this could be a bit of a rebuilding year after losing quarterback Kyle Trask, who threw for 4,283 yards and 43 TDs in 12 games; a generational tight end in Kyle Pitts; and leading receiver Kadarius Toney. There’s a whole lot riding on quarterback Emory Jones, who’s played only sparingly to this point, and a transfer running back, Clemson’s Demarkcus Bowman, who brings with him five-star recruiting hype but just nine college carries.

But of course, if you’re a Florida fan old enough to remember the Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer eras, you might feel that 9-3 should never be a “best-case scenario” for Florida football. Those guys regularly contended for national titles and rarely had a down year. Fair point. Dan Mullen has recruited well, but not to the elite level of those guys (or Ron Zook and Will Muschamp, for that matter), so it’s harder to envision the Gators seamlessly reloading.

I’m just being realistic. I think there’s a better chance Florida slips to 7-5 than rises to 11-1. In addition to those three, road games at Kentucky and Missouri could be tricky. If that happens, Florida fans will undoubtedly panic, but through three seasons, Mullen is 19-7 in the SEC with two top 10 finishes and three straight New Year’s Six bowls. That’s pretty good. I’m willing to give him a pass if there’s some slippage in 2021 — so long as it’s temporary.

That's an 8-4 season IMHO. 9-3 definitely a best case scenario. Perfect for the Mullet extensions and continued mediocrity.

I agree with everything but the recruiting well thing. He’s been to 3 straight NY6 bowl games and he’s in a premier job yet he can’t get a top tier class or just below it. I believe that if Sapp doesn’t qualify they effectively drop out of the top 15 class ranking for 2021 from 13 now.

Advertisement
I agree with everything but the recruiting well thing. He’s been to 3 straight NY6 bowl games and he’s in a premier job yet he can’t get a top tier class or just below it. I believe that if Sapp doesn’t qualify they effectively drop out of the top 15 class ranking for 2021 from 13 now.

I agree and **** even if Sapp does make it in, 13th is a spot we should never be in (consistently because that’s how recruiting seems to be headed at UF) if we’re signing **** near a full class unless we hit on about 4 top targets and take some underrated gems as well. Like this last class isn’t bad, but it’s missing thats crown jewel…..aka Leonard Taylor.

Just a reminder... FACTS:

1- Miami has 67% more National Championships than UF does.

2- Miami upset UF the first time UM and UF ever played.

3- Miami leads the all-time series against UF, even though UF is a much older school and program. SEC! SEC!

4- Miami has a winning record against UF in Miami. AND at Florida Field.

5- In the last 43 years, Miami is 12-5 vs. UF.

6- A ranked Miami team has only lost TWICE to UF since the dawn of man (in 1982 #15 UM lost to #16 UF by a score of 17-14 and also in 1959 when we were ranked #12). Process that.

7- But Miami has beaten a ranked UF team 10 TIMES. UF has NEVER, EVER beaten a top 10 ranked Miami team. EVER. Think about that.

8- Miami is 8-1 vs. UF when both teams are ranked (89%).

9- Miami is 4-1 vs. top 10 ranked UF teams. UF is 0-7 vs. top 10 ranked UM teams.

10- UF quit playing us regularly. Since then Miami is 5-2 vs. UF when we've gotten you to play. Probably a good call.

11- The Seminole War Canoe Trophy lives in Miami. Forever.

The Gator Flop. UF sucks. We f'ing own you. This little, new, small private school down south is your daddy. Just accept it.

TEARS FOREVER.

Thank you,

Mgmt.

Man Wrestle GIF
Wow. 6-9 tells the real story. Programs have ups and downs. It’s one thing to beat up a rival when they’re in the hole (see FSU) but the fact that Florida almost never beats a good Miami team and Miami consistently beats good UF teams is a telling star. I wasn’t even aware that it was that lopsided. 8-1 when both teams are ranked is awesome.

Advertisement
Wow. 6-9 tells the real story. Programs have ups and downs. It’s one thing to beat up a rival when they’re in the hole (see FSU) but the fact that Florida almost never beats a good Miami team and Miami consistently beats good UF teams is a telling star. I wasn’t even aware that it was that lopsided. 8-1 when both teams are ranked is awesome.

"Miami is 4-1 vs. top 10 ranked UF teams, UF is 0-7 vs. top 10 ranked UM teams" gives me a full chub as well. That's a dominating, emasculating statistic.

I agree and **** even if Sapp does make it in, 13th is a spot we should never be in (consistently because that’s how recruiting seems to be headed at UF) if we’re signing **** near a full class unless we hit on about 4 top targets and take some underrated gems as well. Like this last class isn’t bad, but it’s missing thats crown jewel…..aka Leonard Taylor.
Mario would be dangerous there because he can recruit. I know the knocks on his game day coaching but he would have them with top 5 classes

Advertisement
Back