Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Other than blind optimism, is there any reason why Gators think the defense will be better this year?
stevie wonder GIF

Remember when Mullett kept the greatest quarterback ever on the bench because he preferred Felipe Franks? If Franks never got hurt, Trask never starts a game and likely transfers.

As for defense, besides “they have to be better than last year” I just don’t see a reason for gator optimism. Same staff, safe scheme. They’ve got some guys who were considered good recruits but they do every year. Last year’s defense had plenty of blue chip guys. If I was a gator, I’d be livid that they brought back Grantham.

Remember when Mullett kept the greatest quarterback ever on the bench because he preferred Felipe Franks? If Franks never got hurt, Trask never starts a game and likely transfers.

As for defense, besides “they have to be better than last year” I just don’t see a reason for gator optimism. Same staff, safe scheme. They’ve got some guys who were considered good recruits but they do every year. Last year’s defense had plenty of blue chip guys. If I was a gator, I’d be livid that they brought back Grantham.

Exactly. We were pounding the table for Baker's head and Manny made the move while Mullen sat stagnant. I also think something they are overlooking is the likely huge step back the offense takes. Losing your top WR, TE, OT, and QB isnt easy to replace and a good offense can help a bad defense, where a lackluster O can seriously hurt an otherwise good defense (look at the Richt years for us) like the D might very well be better this year but that difference could potentially be negated by the O struggling. I mean didnt they average like over 40 pts a game last year? aside from the bowl game I do not think they ever scored less than 30, that is hard production to match.

They lost some players in the secondary of the D as well, I do not see the glowing optimism either.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think they got some transfer help on the DLine. They may be better at CB and LB. I can see possibly being better but it’s not a huge difference and they’ll be worse on offense.

They’re going to miss an offense that was predicated in significant part to a freakish Pitts that could snatch even shltty passes out of the air like he was up against middle schoolers.

Two things: he’s going to lose a big proportion of that physical advantage he had in college when he goes to the NFL, and secondly, their projected QB starter is a running back shotputting passes, so he’s going to need all the help he can get, and Pitts won’t be there to bail him out. They will definitely be significantly worse on offense and can’t really be much worse on defense.

Three or four losses is not a stretch in the slightest.

Also, don’t forget the goofball effect.

I mean I don’t need to list them all here, but think of all the goofy distracting shlt mullet did last year.

Wearing costumes, talking shlt before the bowl, then claiming they didn’t care or play to win afterwards. The spasmodic attack at halftime in one of the games. The list goes on and on.

At some point that shlt starts to catch up, just like it did with sharkfvcker

Advertisement
Advertisement
Trask is trash. He'll get destroyed in the NFL. Mullet is actually not a bad OC, not a bad coach overall, and he dumbed down his system for Trask like Richt did for Rosier in 2017. ... And Mullet might be a decent coach, but he's also not a Top 10 coach. They're almost certain to lose 3 this season, could lose 1-2 more. He's also not a very good recruiter, so another season of 3-5 losses will end in a poor 2022 class.

What cracks me up about that is how he claims that he's heard nothing after the Miami event when there are a BUNCH of recruit posts talking about their time in Miami and how they all loved it and can feel the family vibe etc... meanwhile I had no idea that UFag even had people on campus and only found out because I happened to see someone retweet a pic of a recruit wearing a Ufag uniform lol

Advertisement
Back