Tears Gator Tears

I’d prefer cooney to keep his mouth shut honestly. Unless they are really that confident that Lashlee and king are the real deal together and we’re gonna win some games and land this kid
He would catch so much **** on social media if we whiffed.

Advertisement
1594137224313.png

A buddy of mine from high school who grew up a big Miami fan went to UF for school. Moved back to south Florida and is still a UM fan. I know another dude who would wear his Santana Moss jersey to class in Tallahassee. Me and the entire crew who goes to games with me went to UCF. For a lot of us public education is the only way we could get a college degree. If you grew up a Miami fan, you don't change your allegiance just because you took some classes at another school.
Bro there was a kid throwing up the U at ufag graduation. Kids got the “IT FACTOR”

Advertisement
A buddy of mine from high school who grew up a big Miami fan went to UF for school. Moved back to south Florida and is still a UM fan. I know another dude who would wear his Santana Moss jersey to class in Tallahassee. Me and the entire crew who goes to games with me went to UCF. For a lot of us public education is the only way we could get a college degree. If you grew up a Miami fan, you don't change your allegiance just because you took some classes at another school.
Yep to all of this. Love Miami, but the alma mater is FAMU. The Navy gave me a free ride, hard to turn that down.

I went to FSU and still live in Tally. I'm typing this as I'm literally wearing a green UM polo. I rep Miami **** near every day.

I tell people this all the time when we talk allegiance/college ball.

If you went to a certain school, be it UF or FSU, wherever, and you want to bleed those colors, that's totally fine. I don't care where you grew up. If you graduated from UF and wanna rep the gators, nobody can tell you ****.

HOWEVER....the flip side of that is also true. If I grew up in South Florida (as I did) and lived and died with The U, and I still want to rep The U even after attending/graduating from another school, you have every right to do so.

I'm old, but I've found it to be like this in the VAST majority of cases. For the vast, vast majority, it boils down to how rabid of a fan were/are you. If you grew up in South Florida and either cared very little about Miami or were a casual fan, then most of the time those people "convert" to where they go to school.

But if you grew up in SFL and you were an obsessed, maniacal, lunatic Canes fan...you're not just flipping your allegiance. It doesn't work that way. Or ****, it shouldn't. If you have this **** in your blood like I do, and like a lot of people in my same situation do, you don't jump the fence just because of where you went to school. I couldn't afford to go to Miami. And I had a GREAT time in college, away from Miami. But no school, money, alumni association...NOTHING could ever pull me away from being a Hurricane.

Guys I sat with at games for a long time were UF grads. So same story, even if accepted, they couldn’t afford the cost difference. But it was always The U for them. They went to the swamp for socializing etc, obviously they couldn’t drive down every weekend in the fall for our games, but they watched on TV, and might make it to a game once school was out. But once they left that cowtown and started getting paid, it was season tickets to the hurricanes

Advertisement
I just graduated from FSU... Cane for Life

Yep to all of this. Love Miami, but the alma mater is FAMU. The Navy gave me a free ride, hard to turn that down.

Started at UM thinkin the Merrick dough they hooked me up with would lighten the burden enough to roll through. Ended up transferring to free shoes to get paid to go to school instead of stackin school loans a mile high. Wore my throwback Michael Irvin jersey to class every Friday during football season.

I went to FSU and still live in Tally. I'm typing this as I'm literally wearing a green UM polo. I rep Miami **** near every day.

I tell people this all the time when we talk allegiance/college ball.

If you went to a certain school, be it UF or FSU, wherever, and you want to bleed those colors, that's totally fine. I don't care where you grew up. If you graduated from UF and wanna rep the gators, nobody can tell you ****.

HOWEVER....the flip side of that is also true. If I grew up in South Florida (as I did) and lived and died with The U, and I still want to rep The U even after attending/graduating from another school, you have every right to do so.

I'm old, but I've found it to be like this in the VAST majority of cases. For the vast, vast majority, it boils down to how rabid of a fan were/are you. If you grew up in South Florida and either cared very little about Miami or were a casual fan, then most of the time those people "convert" to where they go to school.

But if you grew up in SFL and you were an obsessed, maniacal, lunatic Canes fan...you're not just flipping your allegiance. It doesn't work that way. Or ****, it shouldn't. If you have this **** in your blood like I do, and like a lot of people in my same situation do, you don't jump the fence just because of where you went to school. I couldn't afford to go to Miami. And I had a GREAT time in college, away from Miami. But no school, money, alumni association...NOTHING could ever pull me away from being a Hurricane.

I respect that. And to @DTP's point, two of the biggest Canes fans I know went to UiF (and repped Miami the entire time). They walked in huge Hurricanes fans and no amount of swampgas and jorts was going to change that.

I can let slide the unfortunate South Florida kid who travels to UiF or F$U without any real love for college football and ends up a rabid UiF or F$U fan while up there. That's bound to happen.

But whenever some grown person tries to tell me, "hey, I used to love Miami. Big Hurricanes fan. But, you know, I went to school in [insert trash town] and became an [insert trash team] fan," my response is, "you were never a Hurricane fan. And we would never want you claiming you are."

I respect that. And to @DTP's point, two of the biggest Canes fans I know went to UiF (and repped Miami the entire time). They walked in huge Hurricanes fans and no amount of swampgas and jorts was going to change that.

I can let slide the unfortunate South Florida kid who travels to UiF or F$U without any real love for college football and ends up a rabid UiF or F$U fan while up there. That's bound to happen.

But whenever some grown person tries to tell me, "hey, I used to love Miami. Big Hurricanes fan. But, you know, I went to school in [insert trash town] and became an [insert trash team] fan," my response is, "you were never a Hurricane fan. And we would never want you claiming you are."

Agree wholeheartedly with every single syllable of this.

If you switched allegiances from Miami to any other school, for any other reason, then you were never the fan that a lot of us here are. Period. And that's fine. Pull on your jorts and your Tebow jersey. Knock yourself out. But don't ever tell anyone how you used to be a big Canes fan. No, you weren't.

Advertisement
Guys I sat with at games for a long time were UF grads. So same story, even if accepted, they couldn’t afford the cost difference. But it was always The U for them. They went to the swamp for socializing etc, obviously they couldn’t drive down every weekend in the fall for our games, but they watched on TV, and might make it to a game once school was out. But once they left that cowtown and started getting paid, it was season tickets to the hurricanes
I just graduated from UF and I've never been to a single game in the swamp. If I went to tailgates I wore Miami gear. My family had season tickets to Miami from the early 80s until 04 and I'll never root for a team other than the Canes.

...But whenever some grown person tries to tell me, "hey, I used to love Miami. Big Hurricanes fan. But, you know, I went to school in [insert trash town] and became an [insert trash team] fan," my response is, "you were never a Hurricane fan. And we would never want you claiming you are."

...If you switched allegiances from Miami to any other school, for any other reason, then you were never the fan that a lot of us here are. Period. And that's fine. Pull on your jorts and your Tebow jersey. Knock yourself out. But don't ever tell anyone how you used to be a big Canes fan. No, you weren't.

I just graduated from UF and I've never been to a single game in the swamp. If I went to tailgates I wore Miami gear. My family had season tickets to Miami from the early 80s until 04 and I'll never root for a team other than the Canes.

029E171F-DCB7-45A8-A4B6-53C118DF3C3F.gif

I went to a ton of UCF home games when I was in Orlando. They were free for students and they played in the Citrus Bowl at the time. They were literally transitioning from 1-AA to 1-A at the time. My freshman year was their second season at the 1A (FBS) level. Daunte Culpepper was the quarterback and they played an exciting, high scoring style of football. I'll still watch UCF games on TV even though I think the whole fake national title crap is just embarrassing. However, when they played Miami, I was all Miami. I didn't care if they scored a single point. I wanted the Hurricanes to beat them 50-0. I'll support a 7-6 Miami team over a 12-0 UCF team 10 times out of 10.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back