Tears Gator Tears

Most knowledgeable / reasonable fans of either school were expecting a close game either way.
First game of the year, neutral field, overall equal amount of talent on the rosters, in state rival, big questions at OL for both teams, etc.
Anyone seriously thinking either team was going to win by 20 - 30 points is delusional.

*Jarren W played exceptionally well, given this was his first ever start. DL and DB groups for UM also played really well.
*As the OL and ST improve during the season and the pre-snap penalties get cleaned up, UM should have an excellent year.
*UM should NOT be unranked and will win a lot of games this year. UM will not give up anywhere near 10 sacks again.
*UF needs to eliminate the unforced giveaways and must have a more balanced offense (improve running game, which UM shut down most of the game). This may be the best defense UF faces all season, although UGA, LSU and Auburn might all have similarly talented defenses.

Both teams are capable of winning 9 or 10 games this year. There is enough talent on both rosters to do it.
UM looked really bad at times because they played a talented team and UF looked really bad at times because they played a talented team. Doesn't mean either team sucks. When you play good teams, especially with great defenses, your team is going to struggle.

Good luck the rest of the season and see you at the Swamp in 2024

Advertisement
Random thoughts after the game:

Amazing atmosphere at the game, bowl game/ND 2017 like. It was a lot of fun.

Had a great time with my son, who was more excited at the game than I was.

Thank you @TheOriginalCane for fantastic food recommendations. We ate breakfast today at the Glass Knife, it was incredible.

Disappointed in the outcome, but if I use jort math, we beat the spread and therefore won!

One last note....my son is too young to understand why we all hate the gator so much. Last night, in front of us there were two of the most ******* gator fans you will ever meet. Stereotypical entitled gator ********. He now totally understands and hates them too.

46D36F9B-2F32-4378-90C2-BC575B88FB35.png
31CCA0C2-D5E6-4EA0-B254-6D5D579A1B9A.png
0C6CD5B1-25C1-435E-9665-9F6A83F5F61D.png

I never thought this would be their bottom 4 on defense. I haven’t seen our bottom 4. I did see that Patchan and Deejay graded out 1 and 2 respectively as our best performers.

Last edited:
1300 pages?
It would be the most unwise move to shut this thread down.

We need MOAR TEARS when the gaytor melts down after this season.

The gaytor was absolutely trash last night.
Not saying that we weren't, but with their QB and that team, we gave out the blueprint on how to make the gaytor miserable this year.

But.... I pray to GAAAAWD we get em in a bowl game this year, preferably the Orange Bowl, unless a miracle in Charlotte happens.

Advertisement
Was it me or did enos backed away from motions towards the end of the game?
He absolutely did. 18 false starts & delay of games will make you simplify things. It was noticable Enos & Jarren had trouble getting on the same page more than a couple times.
In my opinion it's going to take most of not all this season for them to put it all together & be efficient. Once they do I think we are going to give people major problems on offense. We're slowly tending up.

Advertisement
He absolutely did. 18 false starts & delay of games will make you simplify things. It was noticable Enos & Jarren had trouble getting on the same page more than a couple times.
In my opinion it's going to take most of not all this season for them to put it all together & be efficient. Once they do I think we are going to give people major problems on offense. We're slowly tending up.
Make sense now to me. But then again why didn’t enos help the tackles by double teaming zuniga and co with a TE?

Make sense now to me. But then again why didn’t enos help the tackles by double teaming zuniga and co with a TE?

I think anybody with any football sense has asked that same question along with why didn’t he run and screens or draws to slow down the rush.
I wasn’t impressed at all with Enos.Hes got to realize quick this ain’t Bama with 5 stars across the Oline where he can over power people..

I think anybody with any football sense has asked that same question along with why didn’t he run and screens or draws to slow down the rush.
I wasn’t impressed at all with Enos.Hes got to realize quick this ain’t Bama with 5 stars across the Oline where he can over power people..
O line definitely needs all help they can get.

Advertisement

I thought he actually ran a decent number of RB screens. There were too many to the short side of the field and some just got blown up by the pass rush. I would have liked to see a TE screen over the middle thrown in.

I thought he actually ran a decent number of RB screens. There were too many to the short side of the field and some just got blown up by the pass rush. I would have liked to see a TE screen over the middle thrown in.
I didn’t see any The last qtr and a Half.Instead of running jet sweeps with KJ he could have used quick screens to get the ball to JT in space.The one QB draw he ran went for 15 or so.Ran one never saw another one or a RB draw.

Advertisement
I didn’t see any The last qtr and a Half.Instead of running jet sweeps with KJ he could have used quick screens to get the ball to JT in space.The one QB draw he ran went for 15 or so.Ran one never saw another one or a RB draw.

I agree... there are more screens than RB screens, which can be slower developing anyways. I would have to rewatch to see when we ran screens, but that would require me watching that abortion again.

Completely agree

No one is crying over here lol...and dont worry we won't ban you because were not a bunch of ***g@ts like swampgas or gaybait

We actually had realistic expectations that the game could turn out the way it did because of the Oline and starting a RFr QB .Does it sux to lose to your team of course.

What happened to hanging 60 on us? Or having your walkons playing by the 3rd quarter?? That's the kinda crap your fanbase spewed for months. Bottom line #8 team in the country was losing to an unranked team with 8 min left in the 4th quarter.

If you had that much trouble with a lowly ACC team as you put it I cant wait to see what happens when you play the juggernauts in the SEC.

Lol why did you ban him

Advertisement
Back